Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Morning After pill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The "Hail Mary" - I hope we won't get pregnant, method

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
and have no information of how to protect themselves from unwanted pregnancies and STDs. or worst...have false information.

Have you met anyone in the 21st century to which that applies? That argument is moot & has been for about 40 years.

oh, when i was in high school, there were a lot of misinformed people, and that was only 5 years ago!

additionally, i think one of the saddest sights i've ever seen was known slutty-girls mislabling diagrams of the female reproductive system :(

Have you met anyone in the 21st century to which that applies? That argument is moot & has been for about 40 years.

You vastly over-estimate the average intelligence/education of the populace.

"Think how stupid the 'Average Person' is- then remember that half the people are even stupider than that". - G. Carlin

I never used anything. I had a hard time getting pregnant and then not missing when i was. Tried a condom once just to see how it felt-YUCK. Oh wait, and i used a diaphram before(once) by the time i got it in right, i wasn't in the mood anymore.

As someone concerned with teenage pregnancy from the unpleasant end of the gun, let me weigh in. V2.0 learned (from me) about sex. We discussed what sex is, what it's about, how it's done. Then we discussed the consequences of it. She's got two significantly younger brothers. She's well aware of how terrible getting knocked up would be. After that, we discussed boys, and how disreputable, dishonest, and quite simply how stupid they are ... I had a great example to use : myself. Then we discussed birth control. We discussed how it can and does fail (but mostly through user failure these days) We discussed the pill, IUDs, diaphragms and condoms. Went through an old sex ed book I had that shows them all and their uses. Then I pulled the old rubber boot outta my wallet and let her see what it is in reality. It was due to be replaced anyhow. Then I told her what drawer I keep the box in.

Did I preach abstinence? Fucking right I did. Did I make an impression? Pretty sure. Do I think it's gonna matter a tinker's damn in the heat of the moment? Well, it never did with me, why would it with her? I got her ducks lined up, she's the one who has to walk them to the water.

As someone concerned with teenage pregnancy from the unpleasant end of the gun, let me weigh in. V2.0 learned (from me) about sex. We discussed what sex is, what it's about, how it's done. Then we discussed the consequences of it. She's got two significantly younger brothers. She's well aware of how terrible getting knocked up would be. After that, we discussed boys, and how disreputable, dishonest, and quite simply how stupid they are ... I had a great example to use : myself. Then we discussed birth control. We discussed how it can and does fail (but mostly through user failure these days) We discussed the pill, IUDs, diaphragms and condoms. Went through an old sex ed book I had that shows them all and their uses. Then I pulled the old rubber boot outta my wallet and let her see what it is in reality. It was due to be replaced anyhow. Then I told her what drawer I keep the box in.

Did I preach abstinence? Fucking right I did. Did I make an impression? Pretty sure. Do I think it's gonna matter a tinker's damn in the heat of the moment? Well, it never did with me, why would it with her? I got her ducks lined up, she's the one who has to walk them to the water.

Sounds like she'll do a great job at making them drink, she was well equipped with what water is scummy and what water was drinkable. ;)

Holy shit, a responsible parent. Actually, I really suspect most parents are, they just aren't good "press."

Post #3 - has a link that talks about what kind of information is in the Abstinence Only handbooks...including statements like "AIDS is transmissible through saliva"

:banghead:

Misinformation isn't only rampant...it's institutionalized.

"A total abstainer is one who abstains from everything but abstention, and especially from inactivity in the affairs of others".
Ambrose Bierce

I always knew you were a great parent Prof. Your above post shows me you're a FUCKING AMAZING parent! Neither of my parents ever talked to me about sex...it's a fucking miracle I had good friends who were sexually active before me and a very informed bf for my first time. It's also lucky I had a serious bf in highschool and didn't just end up losing it to some random because I was drastically misinformed.

I'd also like to speak to the idea of not using any form of protection...I'm not gonna preach however. All I'll say is diseases exist, people sometimes lie about whether they have those diseases, sometimes people don't even know they have a disease, unless you're in a committed, trusting, monogamous relationship where both people have been tested since their last partner then protection should be a DEFINITE, ALL OF THE TIME! Unfortunately pregnancy isn't anywhere near the worst thing that can come of unprotected sex these days. Pregnancy sucks but babies can be adopted out...AIDS, Herpes, Warts, etc can not.

Well, I chose "other" because I used the "I entered perimenopause last year and was told the odds of me getting pregnant are very low" method, coupled with the "his swimmers are few and far between and don't get far so the odds of him fathering a child are 1 in 250,000" method. I wouldn't recommend either technique (separately or together) as neither of them worked - I'm pregnant with twins.

Well, I chose "other" because I used the "I entered perimenopause last year and was told the odds of me getting pregnant are very low" method, coupled with the "his swimmers are few and far between and don't get far so the odds of him fathering a child are 1 in 250,000" method. I wouldn't recommend either technique (separately or together) as neither of them worked - I'm pregnant with twins.

mazel tov!

Congratulations, I guess?

[Han Solo]Never tell me the odds.[/Han Solo] ;)

Thanks gang ... yeah, I found out right before my 40th birthday .. LOL

They don't know yet if they're fraternal or identical. More than likely they're fraternal ... I think maybe my ovaries were dropping eggs like a 'going-out-of-business' sale. Neither of us has twins in our families.

OMG! I don't remember the last time I was so shocked! So much for being skittle free in a few years eh? I wanna have twins when I have babies. When are you due? I didn't make Ku'u's baby girl's big first birthday bash but I have a job and money now...and I can only assume that first birthday bashes for twins are twice as awesome. I may have to invite myself to the party...hehe.

Back