Another day of lovely weather.

Leslie said:
* is just really really glad that there's no sump pump hole in her basement...the laundry would never get done!
Oh, it's there. Some are just better hidden than others.

I'm not scared. There's at least 1/4" of warped particle board between me and any potential sump holes. :tardbang:

PuterTutor said:
Also, anyone else like to watch the storms come in? My wife thinks I'm nuts cause I'll stand out on the front porch and watch it roll in and only head to the basement when it starts looking like the shits hitting the fan.

:headbang:

I love it. Even more of a rush when you don't have a house to run to (outside). :headbang:

* has a triangle shaped slab of drywall down there...and some cardboard...will go down later when the kids are here to protect me and make a forcefield :wink2:

Lightning is the coolest weather phenomena. It's scary & dangerous but so cool to watch. I use to go above Phoenix before the monsoons came in & could spend hours watching the show. Here, it's flat & lightning means tornadoes are possible.

You MO & KA people, keep the wind & send the light show.

Gonz said:
Lightning is the coolest weather phenomena. It's scary & dangerous but so cool to watch. I use to go above Phoenix before the monsoons came in & could spend hours watching the show. Here, it's flat & lightning means tornadoes are possible.

You MO & KA people, keep the wind & send the light show.
Screw the wind. You can have both.

Leslie said:
* has a triangle shaped slab of drywall down there...and some cardboard...will go down later when the kids are here to protect me and make a forcefield :wink2:
Maybe you should throw a Jumanji game in there for it to fight with. That could keep it busy for a long time. :headbang:

By the way, here's something for you.

This was taken about 2 hours before some storms hit last week (including tornadoes). You can see the weather changing patterns (cloud direction). The clouds on the left were moving up from the south and the clouds from the right were moving (east) from the west. The wind shifted fast and the temperature dropped 10-15 degrees within 5 minutes as the front moved through. This picture was taken after 5pm, storms hit here around 7:30.

Feeling yourself shiver after sweating is cool and a big rush. Once down at camp we dropped from 90-70 in less than 15 minutes. :headbang:

The weather where I live is usually much different from the weather where I work even though it's only 26 miles difference. I live on an island off the southern coast of another island so we get lower temps from the ocean breezes, more fog, and the storms hit us first.

One day last summer, I actually stopped my car on the side of the road and gaped at the sky (as two other people did after I did). The only way I can explain it is a vertical wall of dark dark dark grey/black clouds and dark skies on one side and blue skies and sun on the other. It was awesome--I guess that's what you call a front moving in. Of all the days to forget my camera at home. :banghead:

Mirlyn said:
Feeling yourself shiver after sweating is cool and a big rush. Once down at camp we dropped from 90-70 in less than 15 minutes.
I had that happen a couple times when I was a kid and we'd bale hay. Of course, you couldn't stop to enjoy it then because you had to get the hay in before it rained, but I love watching storms too.

PuterTutor said:
When I finally build my dream house, one room is going to have a bunch of skylights or even a glass ceiling so I can sit in there and watch the storms go by.

Very cool!! You're giving me ideas ...

...and speaking of standing outside and watching storms, I remember my bro & I playing out in the yard during Hurricane Iniki and my mom yelling at us to get inside.

lovely weather huh?, it feels like 38ºC on the sun around here.

Leslie said:
they came from the neighbour's pump hole

umm, I 'd be scared if bugs came out of someones "pump hole":D. I think they need to see a doctor.

By the way, what THE HELL is a "sump pump" and what does it do?

Back