Anybody else Bowhunting this year?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
bleach said:
We FARM meat..........we don't need to stalk it

take a look at what is in that farmed meat. ever wonder where cancer comes from (no, assholes, it's not proven either :D )

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I'll be hunting with a bow and arrow, when the animals have guns.

If you want it to be a a sport, hunt with a spear.

I understand tehy are trying to cull the herds, but why dont they jusrt release more canivors into the wild?

tonksy

paul_valaru said:
...trying to cull the herds, but why dont they jusrt release more canivors into the wild?
um...paul? remember that whole dingo ate my baby crap? yeah....carnivores don't care that there is a difference between deer and boyscouts...

MrBishop

Heyas PT!
Nice bow...reminds me of mine. I've got a 50lb Bear at home, basically collecting dust right now. Havn't used it since they started charging an arm and a leg for the use of the target ranges. :(

Prof has invited me to hunt, but I havn't tried it yet...I'd need to start practicing with my bow again. It's been a dog's age!

I'd have to agree with Prof when he says that the Bow is more sporting that the gun. Get closer if you can, be as quiet as you can, and shoot only if youo can!

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
tonks said:
um...paul? remember that whole dingo ate my baby crap? yeah....carnivores don't care that there is a difference between deer and boyscouts...

well, that is called cleaning out the gene pool, natural selelection

I'm all for that, especially boy scouts

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
MrBishop said:
Heyas PT!
Nice bow...reminds me of mine. I've got a 50lb Bear at home, basically collecting dust right now. Havn't used it since they started charging an arm and a leg for the use of the target ranges. :(

Prof has invited me to hunt, but I havn't tried it yet...I'd need to start practicing with my bow again. It's been a dog's age!

I'd have to agree with Prof when he says that the Bow is more sporting that the gun. Get closer if you can, be as quiet as you can, and shoot only if youo can!

My father-in-law owns an archery shop, with an indoor range, so the cost of the range is pretty cheap. ;) The bow on the other hand can get quite expensive, even with a discount. And yeah, it is a lot more sport, as prof said before, 30 yards is the Max distance, you try for more like 10-15 if you can. There is nothing like holding your breath waiting for that buck to take just a couple more steps closer...

tonksy

paul_valaru said:
well, that is called cleaning out the gene pool, natural selelection

I'm all for that, especially boy scouts
but what about all the teenagers making out in the woods?
no, releasing more carnivores into an area is not USUALLY a good thing. besides, what difference is there really between killing a cow for meat and killing a deer for meat? i don't think i'd enjoy killing either but i'll sure fry it up in the pan.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Ok to clarify how I feel

If your gonna hunt, use a bow over a gun, gives the animal a chance

If your gonna kill, do it for the meat.

I hate the people that hunt for trophies, they don't eat it, they stuff the poor thing.

If your gonna shoot, make sure you kill quickly.

personally I like the grocery store for my meat.

as for releasing carnivores

execpt for lean seasons, they stay away from man, most of the time, and it's their woods too, besides it put a whole lot of fun into camping

PT

Sorry Luis, missed that question myself, the answer is yes. There is nothing like filling your freezer full of venison steaks, sausage, ground venison, it's all good. The only thing I don't use personally is the hide, usually sell it to help pay for the meat processing. I don't mount the heads either, there is something about dead pets that I find incredibly creepy.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
bleach said:
lol.........oh man, it dosn't matter how many pulleys and new carbons ya stick on it..........it's still a pointy object being forcefully projected into the heart of Bambi for entertainment.
Obviously hasn't seen 'Bambi' in rutting season. And since he eats what he kills, how is his choice different from buying a pound of beef from the supermarket? I'll tell you. At least he does his own killing. If you eat meat of any kind, that would make you a hypocrite. If you are a vegetarian, think this over...just because you only eat plants, that doesn't mean you haven't killed as well. ;)

Mirlyn

paul_valaru said:
Ok to clarify how I feel

If your gonna hunt, use a bow over a gun, gives the animal a chance

If your gonna kill, do it for the meat.

I hate the people that hunt for trophies, they don't eat it, they stuff the poor thing.
I agree with you to a point. If we keep the hunting up, we might not have the same wildlife we did before. I used to see herds of deer on my way to school in the morning....sometimes up to a dozen walking across the roadway. Now I rarely see one. I'd say most of it has to do with driving them out with new housing developments, but it makes me wonder if they were driven out by hunting as well. Probably not, but its not like we can conduct a census. :tardbang: I am totally for hunting though, so its not like I think we should stop it.

Curious....how do you feel about the states here (PT's and this one come to mind right away) who temporarily lift all restrictions on hunting for a season to help drive down the population? Several years ago, there was an explosion of deer (at least around here) and the deer/car collisions skyrocketed.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Gato_Solo said:
Obviously hasn't seen 'Bambi' in rutting season. And since he eats what he kills, how is his choice different from buying a pound of beef from the supermarket? I'll tell you. At least he does his own killing. If you eat meat of any kind, that would make you a hypocrite. If you are a vegetarian, think this over...just because you only eat plants, that doesn't mean you haven't killed as well. ;)
do we REALLY need to do this all over again? :finger:

:winkkiss:

PT

Mirlyn said:
Curious....how do you feel about the states here (PT's and this one come to mind right away) who temporarily lift all restrictions on hunting for a season to help drive down the population? Several years ago, there was an explosion of deer (at least around here) and the deer/car collisions skyrocketed.

That is exactly why they are doing it here. I drive about 55 miles to work every day, I see at least one dead deer on the road per week. That dead deer equals one car that is wrecked, some bad, some not so bad. Some, like my mother-in-law a couple years back, have the deer come through the windshield and shatter her face. Deer are a very reproductive species, a deer becomes nearly full grown within one year, and able to reproduce within two. When you have that kind of reproduction, combined with the fact that we have truly driven out almost all of their natural hunters, something has to be done to control the population.