Anyone here.......

Mare

Anyone here a non- :drink: of alcohol??????
Because I recently am trying NOT to drink and Today is a HELL OF A :banghead: day for me!!
Just having a hard time getting it off my mind....What to do??? :crying4:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Just do whatever you do when you're drinking. The advantage is you won't wake up with your car keys in your ass. :D

Mare

Gonz said:
Just do whatever you do when you're drinking. The advantage is you won't wake up with your car keys in your ass. :D
But i dont even have a car????so now what?

freako104

trying to cut back myself. haevnt had a drop since i left MD. i drink soda and water a lot instead of alchol. try that. drink something else. itll feel weird at first but if you feel you need to quit find a reason, stick to it and find something to replace it

Mare

freako104 said:
trying to cut back myself. haevnt had a drop since i left MD. i drink soda and water a lot instead of alchol. try that. drink something else. itll feel weird at first but if you feel you need to quit find a reason, stick to it and find something to replace it
Yeah i been trying that...think it's the boredom that gets me most and the feeling of carefree ya know,JUST MISS IT....... :confused:

Ms Ann Thrope

Mare said:
Anyone here a non- :drink: of alcohol??????
Because I recently am trying NOT to drink and Today is a HELL OF A :banghead: day for me!!
Just having a hard time getting it off my mind....What to do??? :crying4:

but why? sorry, probably too personal... :ashamed:

still, if you're sincerely trying to stay on the wagon think of the damage overindulgence causes physically and emotionally, think back to your worst hangover, most embarrassing episode, etc...

on the other hand: "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. "
Hunter S. Thompson

Oricon

i only drink when there is no one drinking... which is not often around here in my house..... I'm normally the sober one

Oz

Pour the booze down the toilet.........that's what I do on the days I must stay sober.

Mare

Oricon said:
i only drink when there is no one drinking... which is not often around here in my house..... I'm normally the sober one
Which exactly why I have to quit... I wasnt the sober one.

PS-Hope that kinda gives you a hint to Ms Ann Thrope

Mare

bleach said:
Pour the booze down the toilet.........that's what I do on the days I must stay sober.
Right now if its not in the house-nothing to drink-and what a waste if it is in the house. Frig it-Drink it-was always my motto. Trying to change that motto though as you can see. Not trying to a smart ass-guess for me its kinda like pms-ing, but 10 x's worse RIGHT now... So if you can relate to that at all-please dont take anything i say today the wrong way, JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS....

Ms Ann Thrope

Mare said:
PS-Hope that kinda gives you a hint to Ms Ann Thrope

thought something like that might be the case....

good luck -- only wish my late father was able to control his addiction

if it helps, at all, think of how much your behavior affects those whom you love

and if you love them, act accordingly :)

SexyBoo

Mare said:
JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS....
Good luck Mare! Big hugs! :sadhug: I know how difficult it can be on one of "those days". For a while it seemed like I was drinking on a daily basis because I had an unfortunate string of "those days". We are here for you! I really have faith that you can get through this and cut back or stop completely!
:D

Oz

Mare said:
Right now if its not in the house-nothing to drink-and what a waste if it is in the house. Frig it-Drink it-was always my motto. Trying to change that motto though as you can see. Not trying to a smart ass-guess for me its kinda like pms-ing, but 10 x's worse RIGHT now... So if you can relate to that at all-please dont take anything i say today the wrong way, JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS....

Last time I took something the wrong way I couldn't walk in a straight line for a fortnight.........so yer ok in my book Mare :hug:

Wish I had some kinda miracle answer but I don't.......just time is what it takes.

I'm a heavy drinker (surprise, surprise!) but what I call heavy these days is drinkin 2 or 3 nights a week.........was a time when I spent 3 months totally drunk (not being sober for more than an hour from when I woke up) ........... that took some getting over, both physically and mentally.

Mare

bleach said:
Last time I took something the wrong way I couldn't walk in a straight line for a fortnight.........so yer ok in my book Mare :hug:

Wish I had some kinda miracle answer but I don't.......just time is what it takes.

I'm a heavy drinker (surprise, surprise!) but what I call heavy these days is drinkin 2 or 3 nights a week.........was a time when I spent 3 months totally drunk (not being sober for more than an hour from when I woke up) ........... that took some getting over, both physically and mentally.
Yep Bleach, you hit the button right on the nose-had myself a BIG OL' pity party for myself this summer-being selfish to my friends and Family and myself, like i said if it wasnt for Squigg's-I'd be drunk right now!!!
(Yep-he's my uncle -in-law---SURPRISE-SURPRISE...Thank God for him right now-all i have to say.Actaully he's my best friend right now too!!!! :) Luv Ya Squigg's :winkkiss:

Mare

SexyBoo said:
Good luck Mare! Big hugs! :sadhug: I know how difficult it can be on one of "those days". For a while it seemed like I was drinking on a daily basis because I had an unfortunate string of "those days". We are here for you! I really have faith that you can get through this and cut back or stop completely!
:D
Awww thnx SexyBoo-its nice to know the ppl on the other end of the screen actually really do care...see you make me :crying4: now. happy ones of course....
Needed to vent today was alone and kids were busy doing their thing-was a ruff day-glad it's ALMOST over-and -take tommorrow as it comes guess.