Anyone here.......

Mare

Yep, and guess what-yesterday was 5 days-to some ppl that seems squat, but know what-i did without for 5 days and a start for me...

Thnx all for the encouragement, i knew i was sent to OTC for some reason...LOL, look I can laugh and its morning,usually im up shaking and crying.

:winkkiss:

Mare

Squiggy said:
Well ya can't stop till you're feeling better. Right? :D
Right!!! and i did paint my toes and fingernails-can't tell ya last time i painted my nails, but i was trying anything and everything yesterday to not drink-AND I DIDN'T.... :swing:

Oz

Mare said:
Right!!! and i did paint my toes and fingernails-can't tell ya last time i painted my nails, but i was trying anything and everything yesterday to not drink-AND I DIDN'T.... :swing:

That's great Mare! :wink2:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I stopped drinking for 3 years..had a little problem, but much better now.

the secret is will power, and finding something non-alcoholic you like to drink.

for me it was cranberry juice

Oz

paul_valaru said:
I stopped drinking for 3 years..had a little problem, but much better now.

the secret is will power, and finding something non-alcoholic you like to drink.

for me it was cranberry juice

Cranberry juice is an excellent choice.......it's a natural anti-toxicant and a diuretic. Any fruit juices are good as they cause an insulin' rush in the body, helps fight off a bit of the hangover blues and gives energy.

When I temporarily quit I wasn't so edumacated.......so for me it was coffee, coffee, coffee..........Years ago I'd read that coffee actually gets the remaining alc in your system to the brain.......so in my befuddled state I thought that drinking gallons of the stuff would help me feel drunk again :retard4: It didn't, of course, but when the last of the drink left my system I did have a nightmare from all the caffiene rushing it's way around the arteries.........after that I stuck to tea.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Tea has more caffeine than coffee

I love cranberry juice, i really do, the only drawback is it IS a dieuretic, and it takes me 2 hours to get home from downtown......very long leg crossing hours

Oz

paul_valaru said:
Tea has more caffeine than coffee

I love cranberry juice, i really do, the only drawback is it IS a dieuretic, and it takes me 2 hours to get home from downtown......very long leg crossing hours

Ah, my bad there........shoulda said it was Chinese Green Tea (couldn't handle the milk and can't drink ordinary tea without it).

lol.......yeah, love the cranberry juice as well......but it can really catch the old bladder by surprise :lol2:

Mare

I hear that-I was alays a tea drinker-now i'm doing the cofee thing-but tea was always my thing ALL day long. Sometimes i still have to switch to tea. Just seems the coffee doesnt do anything.

AlphaTroll

Mare - I can't relate in terms of drinking, but I certainly had a problem with other substances - this is what I did

Join a gym - you'll get fit & have more energy & feel better about yourself.
Find things to do outside, I took up abseiling, white water rafting and paragliding. It helps with a 'natural high'
Fix all those little things around the house that have been bothering you forever, but you'd never had the time to get around to.
Get more involved with projects in the community - I do HIV / AIDS education.
Try out new recipes or make your own concoctions.
Get rid of all the alcohol in the house and tll your friends about your intensions to stay clean - the true friends will stick around & help you any way they can - the users will abandon you, but that will make you stronger.

And for those times that I was home alone & the cravings almost kicked my ass - I took up knitting :D - seriously, it distracts you rather nicely - I have no clue what I'm knitting, but I reckon it's the world longest scarf ;)

Oz

A bit of advice I took, and it worked for me.

NEVER let yourself get hungry........keep cookies, crackers....whatever the snack of choice is, at hand all the time. Keep the belly busy 'cos it's amazing how much alcohol releives hunger pangs and the body knows this.

Mare

bleach said:
A bit of advice I took, and it worked for me.

NEVER let yourself get hungry........keep cookies, crackers....whatever the snack of choice is, at hand all the time. Keep the belly busy 'cos it's amazing how much alcohol releives hunger pangs and the body knows this.
:lol2: OMG-I ate soooo much food yesterday-I swore i'd clog the toilet today-(gross i know)...But i know what ur saying, my new obsession seems to be food-so i was thinking of what Alphatroll said and do the things around the house i've been wanting to do-plus once I start working again-i really wont have much time on my hands with a 9yr in school and homework and a 3 yr old. Thnx again for suggestion. BUT yes, Food-urghhhhhhh have to stop eating!!!!

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Whatever it takes Mare...Just stay with it. You'll be fine.

Have I told you how proud I am of you...:hug:

AlphaTroll

Mare said:
:lol2: OMG-I ate soooo much food yesterday-I swore i'd clog the toilet today-(gross i know)...But i know what ur saying, my new obsession seems to be food-so i was thinking of what Alphatroll said and do the things around the house i've been wanting to do-plus once I start working again-i really wont have much time on my hands with a 9yr in school and homework and a 3 yr old. Thnx again for suggestion. BUT yes, Food-urghhhhhhh have to stop eating!!!!

That's also why I started exercising more - with all the food I was suddenly consuming I started picking up weight, so by exercising you don't pick up the weight (too much anyway) and you have lots of energy (what with all the endorphins being released) which will be great for you too since you have kids to keep up with.

I really wish you all the best Mare and I'm glad to see you have someone that is there for you all the way.

Mare

EIGHT DAYS.......I made it thru 8 days .
What REALLY sucks right now is "THE WAKE UP", its like a bad aftermath.. what we all call REALITY CHECK. Now I try in my mentally and physically to patch all that I realized I BROKE while I was drunk.
Full Plate Guess, Overwhelming. :confused:

(today will be day 9-I just pray I get there)