Arizona takes one step closer to Fascism

JTP

I remember one of our better teachers in High School who had us study some data from the latest Census (must have been 1980) and make predictions for the early years of the 21st century. We came up with:
1. A massive retirement of Baby Boomers
2. A shrinking economy
3. A continued shift from a Production economy (Industrial and Agricultural) to a Service economy
4. An influx of foreign workers and a "Native" backlash
We had more, but you get the idea.
If a group of High School kids could see what was coming down the road in 30years, you know The Powers That Be did.
Where was the long-term planning?
:banghead:

Winky

Arizona leads the nation once again

I’m certain that was the plan.
And just as that high school teacher and others
could see then, we can see what is coming in the next 30 years
and it ain’t prudy Ethel.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Translation:
  • American Retirees = people with income
  • Flock to a ‘Paradise’ in Mexico = Somewhere below the tip of Baja/Cabo.
So I'm reading that this is influx of Americans with incomes, are coming into the heart of Mexico. Making a move to somewhere they can get more out of their retirement USdollar, among a polite society.

You missed the point, americans are not embracing our culture either and they are also breaking our laws. It is the same complaint you guys have about mexicans living in your country. ;)

ResearchMonkey

No Luis not really. They may hold on to their evil American ways but are they turning that area into a shit-hole that only Americans will live in? Do they gang up and terrorize the local population? Spray painting every imaginable surface with 'merican gang signs?

I'll say it again, I don't mind people willing to make the effort to legally immigrate. I don't mind students coming here for college.

The problem is that most of what we currently have coming across the border are uneducated people with little if anything to lose and everything to gain. I don't suppose you often think "if I could only sneak across that border life would be better for me." -- Why? because you're a productive citizen with a life. If you were to come here, you would do it legally I suspect. But why would you when you have productive life at home, maybe for a few years for a good job if the offer was right. When was last time you planned on nice family vacation to Tijuana?

As it is we get your bottom feeders. You folks need to take of your people, not my tax dollar. Shit has to stop.

Speaking of parallel comparisons, you should check your own nations rules for immigration. Maybe we should use Mexico standards here.

ResearchMonkey

You missed the point, americans are not embracing our culture either and they are also breaking our laws.

Well kick them out then if they are breaking the law. I suspect the damage is far less than the dollar they bring.

My wife lived near Rosarita for TWO years with her father. She traveled to SanDiego everyday for HighSchool. Her dad was probation officer in SD. They rented a house on the beach and hired help to maintain the place.

They were there legally and had a positive footprint. They were zero burden to the people and brought (at the time) big money to the small local economy. -- That is not what happening with illegal immigration here.

JTP

That's what Tecumseh said in 1810!
:horse:

Of course, there's plenty of archaeological evidence that whenever the prehistoric (pre-honkey) Americans' population density got too high, they resorted to organized warfare. You don't build palisaded towns with moats around them unless you've got serious enemies. It's a simple formula planet-wide: increased population leads to competition over resources. Happens among non-human critters all the time. So relax, it's perfectly natural, hehheh.
*peepwall*

jimpeel

Bish, you continue to take a stand for all that is right and good -- right up until they are at your doorstep -- then the good starts to look not-so-good.

What they want is teacher who can enunciate English words properly so the small minds they are teaching will speak the new language properly.

We have all spoken to persons who speak "pidgin English". They are hard to understand, embarrassing because you have to ask them to repeat things, and the conversations can be interminable.

What will you say when they start asking each other "¿Ha visto usted cuánto más agradable ello al norte de aquí?"

Here, let me translate that for you: "Avez-vous vu combien plus agréable c'est au nord d'ici ?"

I am sure they will be every bit as willing to learn French as they are to learn English.

By the way, you really, really need to bone up on the defined meaning of "Fascism" and stop using as some kind of throw-down word.

2minkey

bootlicker
What they want is teacher who can enunciate English words properly so the small minds they are teaching will speak the new language properly.

We have all spoken to persons who speak "pidgin English". They are hard to understand, embarrassing because you have to ask them to repeat things, and the conversations can be interminable.

wow, too bad we're not all crisp, concise rocket scientists like you. we would not want you to have to put up with those horrible small minds or attempt to communicate in any way that is not the most convenient for you.

fucking pathetic.

next.

MrBishop

Here, let me translate that for you: "Avez-vous vu combien plus agréable c'est au nord qu'ici ?"

I am sure they will be every bit as willing to learn French as they are to learn English.

By the way, you really, really need to bone up on the defined meaning of "Fascism" and stop using as some kind of throw-down word.

Authoritarian Nationalism - Give up all ethnic ties to your country of origin including language when you move to the USA. Love it or leave it! Do everything you can to force those who are not like you out of your country, including harassing people who don't look American..even those who are here legally.

If it smells fishy...wrap it in "PAPERS!!"

catocom

yep, ...
pledge allegiance. or leave.
That's the way it was setup, and that's the only way it can be known
one has this county's best interest at heart.

jimpeel

wow, too bad we're not all crisp, concise rocket scientists like you. we would not want you to have to put up with those horrible small minds or attempt to communicate in any way that is not the most convenient for you.

fucking pathetic.

next.

Interesting that post would come from you because you are intelligent and articulate; but then you allow your liberal tendencies to outweigh your intelligence and the result appears here.

I meant small minds as in small children's undeveloped minds. You then wangle that -- intentionally I believe -- into my having meant that all persons who don't look like me, regardless of age, have small minds incapable of intelligent thought.

As to the embarrassment involved with communication, the embarrassment is mine for having to appear rude by asking someone to repeat everything so I can pick the meaning out of it. Regardless of how nicely one asks, they still appear to be an ass.

I have had to ask a phone assistant for a different person because their accent made it impossible for me to understand them. It is embarrassing for me to have to criticize someone when I know they are trying their best to do their job.

Now you just continue to march on in search of the next thing I say that you can wangle to your own devices.

jimpeel

Authoritarian Nationalism - Give up all ethnic ties to your country of origin including language when you move to the USA. Love it or leave it! Do everything you can to force those who are not like you out of your country, including harassing people who don't look American..even those who are here legally.

If it smells fishy...wrap it in "PAPERS!!"

The oath of citizenship for Canada reads thus:

I swear (or affirm) that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfill my duties as a Canadian citizen.

The oath of citizenship for The United States reads thus:

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

Note that neither requires proficiency in linguistic skills.

There is a requirement, however, that the candidate have a working knowledge of the English language prior to citizenship being granted.

MrBishop

Neither demand that you stop ties with your ethnicity, nor celebrating it for that matter..on paper. People should be able to say "I'm Italian/Greek/Irish/Scottish/Haitian" and "I'm an American" in the same conversation.
BUT
I'm Mexican and I'm American is a whole other story, eh hombré?

Like it or not..this law is aimed at a particular ethnicity.

Winky

Bish I missed the part where it said mess-kin in the law
but um yeah there's 300,000 (down from a half a million)
of em in this town so yeah if the sombrero fits wear it

2minkey

bootlicker
I meant small minds as in small children's undeveloped minds. You then wangle that -- intentionally I believe -- into my having meant that all persons who don't look like me, regardless of age, have small minds incapable of intelligent thought.

no, i did not. you must be getting confused by my comments. i will put them into very small boxes from now on, tricky_pants.

jimpeel

Neither demand that you stop ties with your ethnicity, nor celebrating it for that matter..on paper. People should be able to say "I'm Italian/Greek/Irish/Scottish/Haitian" and "I'm an American" in the same conversation.
BUT
I'm Mexican and I'm American is a whole other story, eh hombré?

Like it or not..this law is aimed at a particular ethnicity.

No, it is aimed at a particular group of lawbreakers who all happen to come from the same regional area.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
No, it's aimed at anyone in the United States (Arizona specifically) illegally. Mexican, Haitian, Irish, whoever.

It just happens that the largest percentage of lawbreakers is of Latino descent.