As Toledo burns

SouthernN'Proud said:
Always nice to know your efforts are reaping benefits.

Pshaw. I already knew that from my college days. You just got me to remember it more clearly. :p

Gato_Solo said:
Ouch, flavio. You don't actually believe that, do you? Abraham Lincoln himself said that he did not regard negroes as equals, and openly advocated segregation. The slavery issue for the civil war only came about to get the abolitionists to fight for the Union...
Believe it? Yes, it's a straight quote pulled from Mississipi's reasons for secession.

flavio said:
Believe it? Yes, it's a straight quote pulled from Mississipi's reasons for secession.

But it's not what the North was about...You're posting what was said, but you're not posting both sides...

Not to mention all the laws passed in places like Ohio, Indiana, and several others making it illegal for blacks to live or "tarry" there...

Gato_Solo said:
But it's not what the North was about...You're posting what was said, but you're not posting both sides...
The questions were "What's that flag stand for? Why did the South want to secede? How do you feel about slavery?"

I posted a straight quote from Mississippi's reasons for secession and you want to ask me if I believe it? Yeah, it's pretty well documented.

flavio said:
The questions were "What's that flag stand for? Why did the South want to secede? How do you feel about slavery?"

I posted a straight quote from Mississippi's reasons for secession and you want to ask me if I believe it? Yeah, it's pretty well documented.

He also posted a rebuttal, and you stood firm without researching. That's not like you...

I've dozens of posts on this site addressing your questions. If you want my opinions, find them. I have zero inclination to do all the searching, linking, and all that just so you can blissfully show more ignorance and intolerence and shoot them down with misinformation.

Nice try though.

Gato_Solo said:
He also posted a rebuttal, and you stood firm without researching. That's not like you...
This was his reply...

Do the search on this site for yourself. I've stated it many times. Quite frankly, you don't seem important enough right now for me to retype it, and I won't take the bait. Nice try though. The battle flag of the Confederacy is not the issue here...racist groups are.
I hardly call that a rebuttal.

flavio said:
This was his reply...

I hardly call that a rebuttal.

Why not? He was quite adamant about his view on racist organizations...
Perhaps it's safer to assume that he is part of the problem, than to admit that he may be telling the truth.

Just because a person knows a racist, it doesn't make them a racist. Archie and Mike come to mind...

flavio said:
It's ok I know the North "advocates negro equality, socially and politically, and promotes insurrection and incendiarism in our midst".

:rofl2:

SnP & I disagree on the Civil War. He has done his homework. Do yours. The North had little to no use for Negroes. The Union forced their freedom upon everyone.

Gonz said:
:rofl2:

SnP & I disagree on the Civil War. He has done his homework. Do yours. The North had little to no use for Negroes. The Union forced their freedom upon everyone.
You must have missed the part about that being a quote from Mississippi's reasons for secession.

You know, I just spent a few minutes looking for a link to Mississippi's Declaration of Secession in your posts. Didn't find it. The first time I saw your quote post, I thought it was just you saying something in your usual intentionally inflammatory way.

I dare ask, do you recognize these tidbits?

"It tramples the original equality of the South under foot."

"It seeks not to elevate or to support the slave, but to destroy his present condition without providing a better."

Inkara1 said:
You know, I just spent a few minutes looking for a link to Mississippi's Declaration of Secession in your posts. Didn't find it. The first time I saw your quote post, I thought it was just you saying something in your usual intentionally inflammatory way.

"It seeks not to elevate or to support the slave, but to destroy his present condition without providing a better."
Here's the link...

It starts of nicely with this passage:

In the momentous step which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course.
Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun.

These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin.

rrfield said:
You've been there, you know.

I like the south. I find the North to be more inhospitable towards the Negro, as a group, and more likely to coddle those who strengthen the preconceived prejudice & offer dehumanizing assistance, in the name of progress, while robbing them of spirit & personal worth.

The south is just too damned humid & too slow for my tastse.

Inkara1 said:

Inkara1 said:

Do you have a point in there somewhere?

1. Trampling how? Telling them they can't own slaves?

2. Not being slaves is a good start to providing better.

I was trying to see if you read the entire document or if you just scanned it for convenient tidbits.

Allow me to introduce you to a new concept: states' rights.

Back