As Toledo burns

SouthernN'Proud said:
Wait a sec...

That feller you got in yer avatar...where was it he went to college again?

Florida. The only place in America where you have to go North to get to the South.

SouthernN'Proud said:
So if they changed their name to the National Association for the Advancement of White People, it'd be OK.
A rose by any other name would still burn crosses on people's front yards.

Yeah...I know that they're not 'exactly' the KKK...but kissin' cousins nonetheless.

MrBishop said:
A rose by any other name would still burn crosses on people's front yards.

Yeah...I know that they're not 'exactly' the KKK...but kissin' cousins nonetheless.

...making the NAACP "kissing cousins" of the Black Panthers I presume?

It is or it ain't, people. What goes one way should go the other.

SouthernN'Proud said:
...making the NAACP "kissing cousins" of the Black Panthers I presume?

It is or it ain't, people. What goes one way should go the other.
Close but not exactly. Both the white supremacists and the KKK are known for violence. Although the Black Panthers were known for violence, the NAACP isn't.

More like Sinn Fein and the IRA. One being the military arm and the other the political one.

There's no doubt that racism works both way, the same way that sexism does and homophobia and homomania do.

It has been a while since the Black Panthers walked tho'

MrBishop said:
Close but not exactly. Both the white supremacists and the KKK are known for violence. Although the Black Panthers were known for violence, the NAACP isn't.

More like Sinn Fein and the IRA. One being the military arm and the other the political one.

There's no doubt that racism works both way, the same way that sexism does and homophobia and homomania do.

It has been a while since the Black Panthers walked tho'

:rofl3: *Oh, man it hurts* pip

*tries to straighen up, but sees the text again and folds up in cramps of laughter*

FACT CHECK TIME!

The Neo-Nazis were NOT allowed to march on the street; however, city leaders determined they could not ban the Neo-Nazis from walking on the sidewalk like any other citizens The increased police presence was in anticipation of the possibility of violence, in much the same way as the Highway Patrol schedules as many officers as possible to patrol the roads during holiday weekends in anticipation of more traffic, more speeders, more accidents, etc.

I wanted to make sure this was said because a certain few posters here seemed to have forgotten or misunderstood it.

Once more...for the cheap seats. As long as said group does not enter my private property (my lawn), or try to keep me from my legal responsibilities (work, school, voting, shopping, etc), then they can yell and scream all they want. I may not like them, what they stand for, or what they want, but I would be remiss in my personal duties if I denied them their right to free speech, or free assembly. The Neo-Nazis were stupid to request to march in a black neighborhood. I can agree with that 100%, but the response of the people living there was uncalled for. You don't get rid of cockroaches by burning down your house. You drive them back into hiding by shining the light of truth on them.

SouthernN'Proud said:
So if they changed their name to the National Association for the Advancement of White People, it'd be OK.

Yeah man, why not? But then again, white people basically rule the world so their cause would be somewhat moot.

Under the Nazi banner, millions of people were murdered as part of the "Final Solution." For me, that means they have no right to spread their idealogy. It was defeated in the 1940s, so they can fuck away off.

Bobby Hogg said:
Yeah man, why not? But then again, white people basically rule the world so their cause would be somewhat moot.

Under the Nazi banner, millions of people were murdered as part of the "Final Solution." For me, that means they have no right to spread their idealogy. It was defeated in the 1940s, so they can fuck away off.

:hmm: Looks like somebody has been ignoring facts. An Axis, which consisted of Germany, Italy, and Japan, was defeated...ie...countries. The ideology of naziism was only driven underground. Right, or wrong...good, or evil...you can't kill what a person thinks is an ideal.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Confederate veterans were forced to sign documents and take oaths of allegiance after the War for Southern Independence was over. Many refused, God bless 'em. They did so with full knowledge that they forfeited many rights as well as governemnt financial assistance.

How would I react? You want the truth?

With gunfire. They'll never take me alive either.
What's that flag stand for? Why did the South want to secede? How do you feel about slavery?

flavio said:
What's that flag stand for? Why did the South want to secede? How do you feel about slavery?

Do the search on this site for yourself. I've stated it many times. Quite frankly, you don't seem important enough right now for me to retype it, and I won't take the bait. Nice try though. The battle flag of the Confederacy is not the issue here...racist groups are.

Nice try though.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Do the search on this site for yourself. I've stated it many times. Quite frankly, you don't seem important enough right now for me to retype it, and I won't take the bait. Nice try though. The battle flag of the Confederacy is not the issue here...racist groups are.

Nice try though.
SouthernN'Proud said:
*loves it when the direct questions get conveniently ignored*
You're the one that brought up the flag in this thread even. It's ok I know the North "advocates negro equality, socially and politically, and promotes insurrection and incendiarism in our midst".

I can see why Confederate veterans refused to sign those documents.

Oh, if only you knew what the Union states advocated...

Remind me someday when I'm feeling particularly randy, and I'll rip your world apart for ya. Tonight I'm just too tired.

flavio said:
It's ok I know the North "advocates negro equality, socially and politically, and promotes insurrection and incendiarism in our midst".

Ouch, flavio. You don't actually believe that, do you? Abraham Lincoln himself said that he did not regard negroes as equals, and openly advocated segregation. The slavery issue for the civil war only came about to get the abolitionists to fight for the Union...

Back