B U S H

I curse like the proverbial Sailor.

:rofl2: No such thing. I curse more than the 'proverbial' sailor. Those stiff-assed collars on the dress whites tend to keep them from uttering anything beyond monosyllabic nonsense. :D

Ahh, right!

We took an American air farce officer aboard for a tour in Virginia last time I was there, he came out rather drunk.

Saw a recent basic training video. Buncha kids with acne and pretty "basic" training.

That's not exactly new news...that's pretty much the way it was when I was in. There were senior folks but they were waaay outnumbered by the juniors. The military wants it that way though, the kids just follow orders and stick to what they've been trained.

I read an article years ago showing how the average soldier's age had decreased since the revolution but I can't find anything on the web about it.

How do you figure?

I see history is not your forte'....

They owned land, had businesses and were married...

The short short...
The British crown had been clamping down with taxes and putting more controls on the colonies. The colonist said fuck this shit, we are not letting what I have been making go to England and started a shooting war. England gave up and the reast as they say is history...

Yea, when I went through basic I was one of the oldest at 22, there was one older but by a couple months...

I did basic May - July 2002. I had turned 17 in April. I was one of the youngest.

The oldest was 40-something.... but the average age was probably 25ish.

I did basic May - July 2002. I had turned 17 in April. I was one of the youngest.

The oldest was 40-something.... but the average age was probably 25ish.

May I remind you we are discussing the US military...and until recently we did not accept folks into basic training who were over their mid 30's.

Back