Beheading on a Greyhound bus

MrBishop

BRANDON, Man. - Thirty-six passengers of a Greyhound bus travelling from Edmonton to Winnipeg Wednesday night watched in horror as a fellow passenger reportedly stabbed another man sleeping next to him, eventually decapitating him and waving the man's severed head.

"He didn't do anything to provoke the guy. They guy just took a knife out and stabbed him, started stabbing him like crazy and cut his head off," said Garnet Caton, 36, a passenger.

The bus made an emergency stop, and passengers fled in terror onto the Trans-Canada Highway while the bus's driver and a driver of a nearby truck shut the crazed man inside the bus with the victim. Passengers say they stood outside the bus and watched through the window, horrified, as the man disfigured the victim's body.

Caton and others said once they escaped the bus, they prevented the attacker from getting off the bus by threatening him with makeshift weapons - a hammer and a metal bar.

"We were telling him, 'Stay put, stay put, stay there, don't try to come out.' He tried to get the bus working and the bus driver disabled the bus somehow in the back, I'm not sure how he did it, and at that point, I think the police showed up," he said, adding officers rushed them away.

"Some people were puking, some people were crying, other people were in shock . . . everybody was running, screaming off the bus."

Caton described the man who attacked the passenger as about six feet tall, 200 pounds, with a bald head and wearing sunglasses. He seemed oblivious to others when the stabbing occurred, said Caton.

Caton said he was struck by how calm the man was. He just walked up to the front of the bus and dropped the head, Caton said.
Caton said the victim boarded in Edmonton, was Aboriginal in appearance, and was wearing hip-hop clothing, and appeared to be a young man around 20 years of age.

"When we saw the head, we knew he was dead," he said. "I don't think the guy knew him at all. I think he was really crazy ... the poor guy, he didn't see it coming."

Link

Canadians have our share of nutbars...

:disgust: What a fucked up world we live in

Aboriginal in appearance

Just another example of the white man trying to kill off the red man, for no apparent reason.

Feel better, Spike? ;)

hmm, jay and i rode a greyhound bus not too long ago...

this was a pretty horrifying story to read :(
jay's stance was, why did no one try to jump on the guy and stop him? but i think that if i were in that situation, i'd do exactly what it seems everyone did -- just be stunned.

:hmm: Because it comes down to SEP. Somebody Else's Problem. That, and the "Don't get involved" ideal that permeates any society.

If one (or more) person had a gun, the kid could still be alive & the crazy would be dead.

The 'kid' was dead long before anyone could've intervened..much less reached a spot where they could shoot at the nutbar without hitting
a) another passenger
b) the kid
c) someone outside of the bus

Remember, this wasn't a wide room or outdoors, but a moving and cramped Greyhound bus with high seats. Oh..from what I understand..you aren't allowed to bring weapons onto buses, and it's checked in the USA since 911.

Back