Beware the cranky hobart

Inkara1 said:
Did you tell him that if he gains weight, it's just more of him to love?
i'm not exactly one for silly platitudes but i told him that i was quite happy with the way he is and that as long as he is doing this for himself it's okay.

PrincessLissa said:
Well than the person who told me this was way wrong. I weighed in at 120 when they told me that. I was also doing a moderate workout including weights.
Its really a formulae for men as their 'average' metabolic baselines are more stable and predictable then women. Womens numbers can be all over hell and back.

Are you sure this is healthy? Just wondering out loud here.

Hey - you wanna see my bruises? (buggered if I know where that came from...just go with me here)

Leslie said:
absolutely, 700 is far too little.

I was told 1200 for me too is barebones minimum.

WTF!

1500 cals a day is what is suggested for a woman to lose weight!

No wonder you're constantly berrating your svelt figure!

AlphaTroll said:
Are you sure this is healthy? Just wondering out loud here.

Hey - you wanna see my bruises? (buggered if I know where that came from...just go with me here)
Sure.. lets see 'em.

Of course its not healthy in the de jure sense of the word. But in facto it is. What I was eating was not exactly the healthiest stuff in the world. My body is probably damned happy to get a break and try to knock out a little built up goo in the veins. I have a rather modest metabolism which really doesn't care if I eat more than once in 24 hours. I can't recall the last time I really had a hunger pang. Even now at 36 hours into the fast, my body has yet to complain. No blood sugar deprivation headaches, no light-headed effects, no lethargy, mind still crisp, no murderous rages. It just in my nature to approach all problems with a flamethrower instead of slow nudges.

Gato said 700 is normal for the planet... and most normal people around the planet are some fairly scrawny and hungry mofo's. Also, there are vast population bases around the globe that have the so-called 'thrifty gene' which makes calories go a long, long way. The Pima Indians come to mind. Desert dweller American Indians that lived on scrabble for 1000s of years. Now that there is a modern diet where someone can easily get 1000s of calories, they are at record levels of obesity and diabetes.

unclehobart said:
Ever since our crappy beer laws were repealed last summer, I have been imbibing at many too many sweet bottles of ambrosia of the gods that have become available. Also, a bit too much experimentation with yummy food instead of nutritious foods has led to the partial downfall of my recently semi-slender figure. I've departed from my 'comfort' area and feel like making a wicked clean slate wipe.

Also... because of the ceaseless rich diet, the very flavors of top notch quisine has become ho-hum. A wee bit of starvation should make even celery seem like gobbling a stick of butter when I'm finished.

Happens to every married man. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

tonksy said:
i'm not exactly one for silly platitudes but i told him that i was quite happy with the way he is and that as long as he is doing this for himself it's okay.

My boyfriend has a few extra, and personally, I freakin' love it!! He's so amazing to cuddle up with. I tell him all the time how much I love how he looks,but most importantly, I SHOW him. (not just sexually... although...).

Edited to add: Anyone is sexy to me when they are comfortable in thier own skin.

ClaireBear said:
That is a complete oxymoron... no matter how many fat chicks beg to differ... :mope:

On the contrary. I'm quite happy having a spare tire. Makes cuddle time easier. And the existance of pron mags like Voluptous, Plumpers, and XL prove the error of your statement. They wouldn't be on the newstands each month if they didn't sell. And if they're selling, someone out there wants them. Which means that enough people like looking at large women to support production quotas.

And if you ever go to a nudist (they call them naturalist) colony or beach, you'll see plenty of people, men and women, perfectly happy with whatever size they happen to be.

Professur said:
On the contrary. I'm quite happy having a spare tire. Makes cuddle time easier.

Yup! I got plenty of stuff to fluff... hug my sis and its like grabbing a hold of a skeleton... poor kid.

And the existance of pron mags like Voluptous, Plumpers, and XL prove the error of your statement. They wouldn't be on the newstands each month if they didn't sell. And if they're selling, someone out there wants them. Which means that enough people like looking at large women to support production quotas.

Ooooooh! You mean "chubby chasers"...

But Prof... you're a bloke and chub chasers are male...

I wonder how happy those "large" ladies in the mags are... although to be honest my really big friends (British size 22... whats that in US) are real comfortable... resigned to being fat... and could be seen as "happy"

But us girls who are say only 1-4 stone overweight... its a "so close but so far" situation... I beat myself up about that extra spring roll or slice of bread and I'd imagine other girls do too.

And if you ever go to a nudist (they call them naturalist) colony or beach, you'll see plenty of people, men and women, perfectly happy with whatever size they happen to be.

Yeah... but those people don't wear clothes!!!

Lets see how demoralised they feel in TopShop's changing room when the high fashion must have jeans you adore won't fasten!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ClaireBear said:
Yup! I got plenty of stuff to fluff... hug my sis and its like grabbing a hold of a skeleton... poor kid.

Most men prefer a woman with a little meat on her bones. Something about a biological bent for women who can bear a child...;)

CB said:
Lets see how demoralised they feel in TopShop's changing room when the high fashion must have jeans you adore won't fasten!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

If a woman's jeans won't fasten, do you think the man would really care? :brow: We spend most of our time trying to get into them, so that's a plus for us. :grinyes:

I tell ya unc, I've seen people in mags, and on tv, but you are the first I've
seen in real life that had as dramatic of a weight loss as you have.
I say if you have to endure some unhappiness to make yourself happy,
go for it. *root* Go Go Go Go Go Go.... :D

Man You really should write your own book on the subject.
I'm sure some out there could learn from your experiences. :nerd:

BTW if I hadn't know unc was here, I'd a though this tread was about "adjusting a welder" :lol2:

CB, define overweight for me. I want to know your definition of it. You'd probably find that 4 stone over for you is dead on perfect in my book. Actually, didn't I start a "what's fat" thread a while back? Lemme look.

Yup, Found it

catocom said:
I tell ya unc, I've seen people in mags, and on tv, but you are the first I've
seen in real life that had as dramatic of a weight loss as you have.
I say if you have to endure some unhappiness to make yourself happy,
go for it. *root* Go Go Go Go Go Go.... :D

Man You really should write your own book on the subject.
I'm sure some out there could learn from your experiences. :nerd:

BTW if I hadn't know unc was here, I'd a though this tread was about "adjusting a welder" :lol2:
I'm about 14 pounds over the last point at which you saw me.

ClaireBear said:
That is a complete oxymoron... no matter how many fat chicks beg to differ... :mope:

You are so very, very wrong. I had my own website as well as one with another gal and we are what people, like you, call *fat chicks* be it a few extra or quite a few extra. We were a huge hit with an enormous fan base. We love how we look and so do oh-so-many others.

Back