Calling All Virgins...

Mare

Student sells virginity for $20,000
From correspondents in London
February 10, 2004

A BRITISH university has distanced itself from an impoverished student who has apparently sold her virginity on the internet to pay for so-called excessive tuition fees.

Ms Reid sold her virginity online to help pay her university fees.

Rosie Reid, an 18-year-old social policy first year student at Bristol University, hit the headlines when she put herself up for sale on a website last month.

According to the website, the online auction closed at midnight last night with a highest bid of $20,200.

The site says the winning bidder for the student, who is a lesbian and in desperate financial crisis, will be contacted tomorrow.

A spokeswoman for the university says as far as the university is concerned, it has no comment as the matter is not a university issue and the student is an adult.

The website states: "Rosie's auction highlights the financial problems that face today's students."

A spokesperson for Reid later said she refused to comment on the situation.

Damn.......hope the person who bought her virginity waits a while before collecting.........like 30 or 40 yrs mebbe.

That'll teach her that she should get a job flipping burgers.........like all the other students :lloyd:

C'mon. This is the group that thinks nothing is sacred. What's the big deal? It's her body isn't it? She has to lose it sometime. It's not like she's 13....:evilgrin:

Gonz said:
C'mon. This is the group that thinks nothing is sacred. What's the big deal? It's her body isn't it? She has to lose it sometime. It's not like she's 13....:evilgrin:

I'm not appalled. It is her body, she is an adult and is making her own decision. I do think it's unfortunate that she feels this is her best option, but I also believe it's her choice.

The fact that she's a lesbian makes her decision curious to me, but it may also explain her detachment. :shrug:

I have to say, honestly, if I thought I could get 20 grand out of it, I'd sell it. If my daughter were to get 20 grand out of it, that would be a tough call.

Maybe she just didn't want to lose her virginity to a vibrator? I wonder if she is a virgin that has actually had sex or if she reckons your virginity can only be lost to heterosexual intercourse? Baffles me............could be a rather nasty surprise to the one that got the winning bid.

a bit appalled, but a bit dissapointed as well...i could have made 20k out of it :D

or with my looks, more likely 5 bucks or so :D

Back