'Constitutional crisis' looming over Obama's birth location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pending on Monday:

QUEENSBURY, N.Y., Dec. 4 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On Monday, December 8, 2008, at 1:30 pm, the We The People Foundation will conduct a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington D.C.

The licensed attorneys who initiated lawsuits in PA (Philip Berg), NJ (Leo Donofrio) and CA (Orly Taitz), challenging Mr. Obama's legal eligibility to hold the Office of President of the United States, will briefly summarize the facts, legal arguments and status of their cases. They will answer questions from the press.

Prior to the start of the conference, at 10 am, the Supreme Court of the United States is expected to announce whether it will consider applications from these attorneys who have asked the Court to delay the proceedings of the Electoral College pending a determination of the underlying constitutional question - the meaning of the "natural born citizen" clause of Article II of the Constitution and its application to Mr. Obama.

Other than a "Certificate of Live Birth" and a newspaper announcement, no evidence has been produced -- no records no documents. Why? No witness has come forward, -- no doctor no nurse. Why? Nothing or no-one to prove that he can Constitutionally assume the position of PoTUS. It is foolish to accept him at face value because you wanted "change."

If he has a birth certificate, what possible reason does he have for not providing it?

He fucking provided as good of a certificate as I would be able to provide if asked the same question. It's good enough to get a United States Passport, but not good enough to placate a couple of sore losers who will grasp at any straw to keep Obama out of office. You're no better than the "selected, not elected" crowd in 2000.

yar if inky is getting kranky, most of you dead horse beaters should take that as a cue to drop it.

He fucking provided as good of a certificate as I would be able to provide if asked the same question.

So, if it's good enough to obtain a passport, then goddamn it, it's good enough to attain the highest position in the land? Wowzers!

Well, shit. I had no idea. Next time you should run. :rolleyes:

Like they say: Liberalism really is a mental disorder. ;)

american mother.

american soil.

get over it.

This is an issue of whether or not the Constitution matters. Do you think he's saying: "What? You don't trust me?"

If there's nothing to hide, what's the big dealio?

What are you afraid of and why do you object to this Obama drama?

Oh, I get it:

La

La

La.

1. the earlier "bad birth certificate" gobbledegook has been dismissed from the courts.
2. this donofrio stuff about "dual citizenship" will go away shortly.
3. this isn't about the constitution. this is about desperation from the fringe right. probably boredom, too.
4. no one's really "afraid" of anything (unless you are, and i'll leave that to you to decide) here.

so, when donofrio gets booted, are you gonna let this go? (please, for the love of the children!)

Still, the question remains...why doesn't he provide proof? I can damn well assure you that if was GW that had questionable roots, the outcry would've far exceeded what you're hearing now.

he's already supplied his birth cert and that round of circus was dismissed.

the other issue - the supposed dual citizenship thing - is purely a legal construction. it's not like there's any documentation that is gonna make that one go away. and there's no way obama actually thought of formally rescinding any claim to british citizenship he may have had. US legal opinion on dual citizenship flip flops periodically anyhoo. so the constitution would be intepreted according to "mood" (ha ha don't ya love it?). it's not going anywhere other than the dismissal pile.

So, if it's good enough to obtain a passport, then goddamn it, it's good enough to attain the highest position in the land? Wowzers!
Someone who knows you less well than myself might think you were saying lax standards for granting passports is OK.

Well, shit. I had no idea. Next time you should run. :rolleyes:
Not eligible until 2016.

Like they say: Liberalism really is a mental disorder. ;)
I'm a social moderate, fiscal conservative. I voted for McCain. But since I don't toe the GOP line as you envision it, I guess that makes me liberal. That's a bunch of crap. I prefer to think of myself as a "maverick."

I'm a social moderate, fiscal conservative. I voted for McCain. But since I don't toe the GOP line as you envision it, I guess that makes me liberal. That's a bunch of crap. I prefer to think of myself as a "maverick."

You seem "mavericky" enough to me. ;)

Edit: Yuh libbrull bastitch you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back