Dems Vow New Bill if S-Chip Veto Stands

catocom

WASHINGTON - House Democratic leaders said Sunday they were working to gather votes to override a veto on a popular children's health program, but pledged to find a way to cover millions without insurance should their effort fail. Georgia's PeachCare program is among those at stake.

At the same time, the White House sought to chide the Democratic-controlled Congress as the obstructionists in reauthorizing the State Children's Health Insurance Program. It said Democrats were the ones who had shown unwillingness to compromise.

and they Need a new one...without support for illegals, and some adults.

They seem to be trying their best to slip in bits and pieces of the Compromise bill.
They are going to end up sparking a revolution, if they continue.
I don't think they really understand, how on edge Many people are about it.

http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/hall/newfullstory.asp?ID=118395

I've always considered it my responsibility to provide health coverage for myself and my dependents. I don't want or need Hillary doing it for me, and I'd prefer not to pay for other working class families to provide care for theirs. Poverty level is one thing. Poverty level while working or disabled is quite another...in those cases, yes by all means. But some schmuck making the same or more than I am who chooses to spend his money on a house he can't afford, a boat he can't afford, and a new car every 18 months is not a victim...he's a fool.

Just one more example of oversized intrusive government trying to get as many people on the tit as they can. Vote it down and make people be responsible for themselves and their own. Like the constitution said.

I think the original that was passed before is good with changes for the provision I earlier mentioned.
Also Not families making $80K a year.:confused:

They need to figure out how to make the gap easier to jump, not harder.

Need SCHIP.
why?

Just one more example of oversized intrusive government trying to get as many people on the tit as they can. Vote it down and make people be responsible for themselves and their own. Like the constitution said.

Step one in a cradle to grave care mentality. Provide care for the children who grow up seeing it as a right, not a responsibility. Buy their cheese, provvide their housing, pay for their healthcare...then government is needed for daily life instead of the roadblocj it really is.

Forget chipping. We just need some of this:

tattoo_death_camp.jpg

...bring back a little of that concentration camp flavor.

Step one in a cradle to grave care mentality. Provide care for the children who grow up seeing it as a right, not a responsibility. Buy their cheese, provvide their housing, pay for their healthcare...then government is needed for daily life instead of the roadblocj it really is.

way past step one.
IMO they have already developed somewhat of a welfare state(s), and many
would be in a bad way if it's just cut out all at once.
IMO they need to scale it back, to give fair warning.
Bring jobs back.
secure the country.
and all the other stuff that'll probably not happen, until...um ... well I'll just leave it there.

Pay for their police and fire department and roads and they get all entitled.

Police & fire & roads are STATE. Interstates are partially federally funded. The nanny state is federally funded (which means, of course, that we who earn a living are forced, by threat of incarceration, to pay)

way past step one.

:thumbup:

I'm happy to give help to those that actually need it. In fact, I wish that a larger percentage of my tax burden went to that. Unfortunately, I can't help but feel that that's less than 10% of those that are getting said help and that further, some of the people who do actually need it never get it at least partially due to the leeches.

Just and opinion.

Police & fire & roads are STATE. Interstates are partially federally funded. The nanny state is federally funded (which means, of course, that we who earn a living are forced, by threat of incarceration, to pay)

Where STATE taxes are completely optional. :laugh:

:thumbup:

I'm happy to give help to those that actually need it. In fact, I wish that a larger percentage of my tax burden went to that. Unfortunately, I can't help but feel that that's less than 10% of those that are getting said help and that further, some of the people who do actually need it never get it at least partially due to the leeches.

Just and opinion.

But an accurate one.

This nonsense would be no different. Just another freeway for the demonrats to get in my pocket to take care of somebody else's kids, thus making it harder for me to take care of my own. Get off the tit and go to work, people. Maybe you should put off buying the plasma high-def wall mounted TV until Junior gets his school shots.

Get off the tit and go to work, people. Maybe you should put off buying the plasma high-def wall mounted TV until Junior gets his school shots.

I don't suppose you have any info at all on the work habits of the parents of kids on SCHIP or their HD TV's? Just making things up as you go along right?

Where STATE taxes are completely optional. :laugh:

There is a HUGE gulf between state & federal powers. States shouyld have more, the feds less. Hey, didn't I see that somewhere?

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people

I don't suppose you have any info at all on the work habits of the parents of kids on SCHIP or their HD TV's? Just making things up as you go along right?

I do. My neighbor has FiOS & A big screen. They live in subsidized housing & don't pay utilities.

There's also the other neighbor; lather rinse repeat.

Those are just people that I can hit with a rock from my porch.

There is a HUGE gulf between state & federal powers. States shouyld have more, the feds less. Hey, didn't I see that somewhere?

A war was fought. Your pissass dictator shot down that idea. You justify it.

Pick a side and fight for it already. I have.

Blackie Lawless said:
I love my country, but I'm scared to death of its government.

Back