do you work out?

Do you work out

• Yes

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • For the first three weeks of every year.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I like potato chip flavored ice-cream

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

greenfreak

My sister is an aerobics instructor and tried to get me into it but I'm so lazy. She had sent me some articles on it and the reasons why many Americans don't work out. It's the whole instant-gratification thing. If you don't see results immediately, you don't work for it. Which is probably why those fat-burning pills are so popular.

I don't need money to exercise, no one does. I just need to get off my ass and stop being lazy, I have no excuses.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Aerobics are only good for losing weight, but you end up having the exact opposite of a firm body. So you have to do some gym stuff.

Aunty Em

Due to the "wake-up call" I got on Monday I will no longer be neglecting my workout regime.

In fact I've lost my urge to binge entirely and will be putting my affairs in order pronto, including a long overdue divorce.

ris

i decided the pies had been in control long enough and i was going to fight them as much as possible. christmas saw the pies make evil progress but i am well on the way to getting my own back.

take that pie!!! :D

kuulani

I have a 2-hour dance class twice a week, I also do crunches at night to battle my post-pregnancy flab. I also got some Pilates props over Christmas, so I wanna start using 'em soon.

But this week is crazy, we have a dance production coming up, and we've been practicing every night from 5-11. Holy phreakin' cow. My body is aching!!

greenfreak

Luis G said:
Aerobics are only good for losing weight, but you end up having the exact opposite of a firm body. So you have to do some gym stuff.

I use the term Aerobics as a catch-all for what she does. She teaches every class--kickboxing, spinning, sculpting, etc. They have machines and such which she uses also. I wish I had a picture of her in action. She's about 5 inches shorter than me and has a great build.

Actually, Auntie, what's funny is that something similar got my sister in shape pronto. She was pregnant with my niece Tory and was in the hospital for a week with abdominal pains and they diagnosed her with Crone's Disease. Once she got through the pregnancy (which included three more scares; surgery to prevent a miscarraige like her last pregnancy, an amniotic band and an umbilical cord wrapped around Tory's neck) she changed her entire outlook. She thought she wouldn't be able to be pregnant again because of the risks to her and her child and after that, she made damn sure she took care of herself. Food was prepared according to what she could and couldn't eat to control the disease and she started exercising big time. Lo and behold, she got pregnant again and although they took precautions to prevent a miscarraige, it was largely without incident and I got another healthy nephew. :)

freako104

not really but ill do labour at work sometimes, i do a lot of walking(i walk to and fro work for the most part), and when in school am walking around campus so thats my workout.

whoreable

YOU PEOPLE JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU SHOULD WORK OUT. DONT DO IT FOR REASONS OF SELFISHNESS OR VAINITY DO IT FOR FREEDOM!!!! DAMNIT.

alex

I bought a weight bench and a set of weights a few years ago at K-Mart. I was sore for three days just haulin that shit into the house. I've used it a little bit but not as much as I had intended to.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
no, i don't work out. too lazy. plus i don't have to lose any weight either since i'm less than 50 kg anyway :headbang:

but being lazy is the main reason/

kuulani

greenfreak said:
[Actually, Auntie, what's funny is that something similar got my sister in shape pronto. She was pregnant with my niece Tory and was in the hospital for a week with abdominal pains and they diagnosed her with Crone's Disease. Once she got through the pregnancy (which included three more scares; surgery to prevent a miscarraige like her last pregnancy, an amniotic band and an umbilical cord wrapped around Tory's neck) she changed her entire outlook. She thought she wouldn't be able to be pregnant again because of the risks to her and her child and after that, she made damn sure she took care of herself. Food was prepared according to what she could and couldn't eat to control the disease and she started exercising big time. Lo and behold, she got pregnant again and although they took precautions to prevent a miscarraige, it was largely without incident and I got another healthy nephew. :)

Your sister kicks ass!! :worship:

Ardsgaine

alex said:
I bought a weight bench and a set of weights a few years ago at K-Mart. I was sore for three days just haulin that shit into the house. I've used it a little bit but not as much as I had intended to.

I tried lifting weights, but they're just so heavy. :(

tommyj27

Not really Banned
in my experience, weight benches from kmart and the like are frightening to use, i'm never sure if it's gonna collapse on me

Janimal

Ardsgaine said:
I haven't worked out in about 10 months, but Jan was wanting us to start back today, so... I'll let you know if it happens. :eh:

We went. I worked him hard. BWAHAHAHA!! I'm the mean evil workout mistress. :whip:

We had gotten into the habit of working out pretty regularly - weights and cardio at the gym, but then fell back out fo the habit. Trying to get back into it again.

alex

tommyj27 said:
in my experience, weight benches from kmart and the like are frightening to use, i'm never sure if it's gonna collapse on me

yea, it's not exactly top-o-the-line :D

Ardsgaine

Janimal said:
We went. I worked him hard. BWAHAHAHA!! I'm the mean evil workout mistress. :whip:

There's so much happiness behind these tears... :spank:

;)

My calves were lowing last night. Still stiff this morning. They're going to hurt like hell tomorrow.