Dubya

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I don't do sins of the father. If GHW was involved, maybe. This is 3 generations ago. Almost like suing Allstate for crimes against humanity re: slavery.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Ok, I found it. So his grandfather was in business with Adoph. Hmm. Definitely does speak of morals, but not necessarily Dubya's morals. I don't know, this does make me wonder. I see the Prescott name hasn't gone very far down the line.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
use google & search for "auschwitz, Bush"...there's an awful lot of links. Now, look where those links lead. Pravda is teh most credible source I could find and, well, that's not very credible. On page two, I found this link to The Straight Dope. Wanna read it?

TSD

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
oh man, follow the money & looks who's name pops up :D

After discussions with the [American] Ambassador [Joseph Kennedy] ... the situation was cleared completely

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The Justice Department laid before the committee a letter, written to Standard president Farish by his vice president, shortly after the beginning of World War II (Sept. 1, 1939) in Europe. The letter concerned a renewal of their earlier agreements with the Nazis:

Report on European Trip
Oct. 12, 1939
Mr. W.S. Farish
30 Rockefeller Plaza

Dear Mr. Farish: ... I stayed in France until Sept. 17th.... In England I met by appointment the Royal Dutch [Shell Oil Co.] gentlemen from Holland, and ... a general agreement was reached on the necessary changes in our relations with the I.G. [Farben], in view of the state of war.... [T]he Royal Dutch Shell group is essentially British.... I also had several meetings with ... the [British] Air Ministry....

I required help to obtain the necessary permission to go to Holland.... After discussions with the [American] Ambassador [Joseph Kennedy] ... the situation was cleared completely.... The gentlemen in the Air Ministry ... very kindly offered to assist me [later] in reentering England....

Pursuant to these arrangements, I was able to keep my appointments in Holland [having flown there on a British Royal Air Force bomber], where I had three days of discussion with the representatives of I.G. They delivered to me assignments of some 2,000 foreign patents and we did our best to work out complete plans for a modus vivendi which could operate through the term of the war, whether or not the U.S. came in.... [emphasis added]

Very truly yours, F[rank] A. Howard@s5
Here are some cold realities behind the tragedy of World War II, which help explain the Bush-Farish family alliance--and their peculiar closeness to the Queen of England:

Source

:p

Squiggy

ThunderDick
So ol Joe cleared him to travel.....:retard: damn. Not very ominous for an Ambassador....In war time....

unclehobart

Are you guys finding some perverse sexual gratification in trying bait each other? Neither one of ya are eeeeeever going to agree on so much as the time of day. I swear... you two should become the next Siskel and Ebert and rag on each other... and then review the movie at hand if you can find the breath.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Get to the good parts. How I G Farben built the concentration camps and developed the chemicals to use there. And how Bush never divested himself from them or Standard oil despite the war crimes they were committing. And what happened to the money from these associations and where that money is now. Theres a hint for ya....:D

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Damn unc....I almost caught you with a left hook. You really shouldn't jump in between us like that....:D

ris

going back to the top of the thread and completely ignoring the 'dbyas family made money off the nazi's thing' i think that where i disagree with bush on hussein is that i don't hink he's any more insane than bush is dumb as a brick.
this is a nasty guy, a genuine bad bit of work, but i've never seen anything he's done that would suggest he's nuts more than any other bastard dictator. with the exception of sending cash to terrorist families i've seen nothing that links him to international terrorist organisations that have an agenda against the us.

and i also don't think that having gone to all the lengths of procuring and developing wmd's he's then going to give the things away. he wants to be a power in the region, not a fruitcake who just got nuked.

flavio

Banned
“Why of course the people don’t want war. ... That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship ...Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

Who said that? Hitler’s accomplice, Hermann Goering (Field Marshall of the German Air Force (Luftwaffe) and president of the Reichstag), at the Nuremberg trials of Nazi war criminals in 1946.