Dubya

flavio

Banned
Try just this part.....

flavio said:
the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

ol' man

Squiggy said:
keep following the money....

Okay follow the money.

Albert Gore's Communist Connection
By Chuck Morse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Given the spectre of Vice President Albert Gore, standing on the south portico of the U.S. Capitol and taking the oath of office as the next President of the United States this coming January, it stands to reason that we examine his Communist connection. This way, we begin to understand Gore's character and what's in store in a Gore Presidency. This issue, not surprisingly, has been taboo in the campaign so far. Most of the information for this article is culled from "Dossier: The Secret History of Armand Hammer" by Edward Jay Epstein.

Albert Gore Sr., Gore's father, was an obscure Tennessee Congressman when he befriended Communist front man and espionage agent Armand Hammer. Hammer became a major contributor to Gore Sr's campaigns and was responsible for making Gore Sr. rich. Epstein points out that "In 1950, Hammer made Gore Sr. a partner on a cattle-breeding business, and Gore made a substantial profit". Gore Sr. went to work for Hammer's Occidental Petroleum upon leaving congress. Hammer was quoted as stating that he had Gore Sr. "in my back pocket".

According to a report compiled by William Sullivan, number three man at the FBI, 1961, Hammer had "numerous contacts among high (U.S.) government and social circles" and that "the latest project in which Hammer apparently has successfully interestedSenator Gore, is some business deal proposed with the Soviets". At this time Hammer flew to Libya with Gore Sr. to culminate a deal that established Occidental Petroleum. Hammer made Gore, after leaving congress, chairman of Island Creek Coal, one of his many acquisitions and the third largest coal producer in the US. The Vice President continues to receive yearly royalties for leasing mineral rights to Occidental Petroleum and owns shares in Occidental worth approximately $500,000.

Armand Hammer's father, Julius Hammer, one of Lenin's main supporters in the US at the turn of the century, was under surveillance by the New York City police suspected of making bombs for anarchists, and was one of the founders of the American Communist Party in 1919. Armand Hammer, born in 1898, was named for the arm-and-hammer symbol of international Communism and Armand would later use the Communist imprimatur as a burgee on his yacht.

Hammer Jr. maintained a personal relationship with Soviet dictators from Lenin to Gorbachev and conducted considerable business for the Soviets including fencing looted objects de art at the Hammer Galleries in Manhattan. Epstein's fascinating book voluminously documents Hammer Sr. and Jr.'s deep and central involvement in the international Communist criminal conspiracy.

In 1995, after contributing $470,000 to the DNC and $35,550 directly to the Vice President, Ray Irani, chairman of Occidental Petroleum, was invited for an overnight in the Lincoln Bedroom. This was followed by, with the Vice President's recommendation, the sale of the federally administered Elk Hills oil reserves, reserves held for national security, to Occidental Petroleum for $3.65 billion. The Vice President, financially involved with Occidental Petroleum, seems to lobby, at least informally, for his benefactor. Like father like son?

The concept of special interests buying up a few congressman is nothing new and has antecedents in American history going back to Second Bank of the US Chairman Nicholas Biddle "contributing" to congressional campaigns in his battle to save the bank charter from Andrew Jackson. Al Gore Sr. knew where the power resided and which side the bread was buttered on and he decided to sell himself to further his own career and feather his own nest. Gore Sr.'s motivation was probably more careerist and pecuniary than stemming from an admiration of Communism. Just old fashioned corruption.

Al Gore Jr. grew up in this atmosphere and is accustomed to playing a very inside political game. His propensity for stretching the truth and downright fibbing is, perhaps, the result of having lived with some massive lies all his life. The Hammer connection cuts to the core of who Gore is as a person and his background. Hopefully, the issue will be explored further.
http://www.chuckmorse.com/gore_communistconnection.html

Gore's Elk Hills/Occidental Oil Scandal: Bigger Than Teapot Dome
Michael Savage
Monday, Sept. 25, 2000
Vice President Al Gore endorsed the sale of a government oil field in 1998, the largest sale of federal property in the history of the U.S. government.
The Elk Hills Naval Petroleum Reserve, located near Bakersfield, California, was established in 1912 to help fuel Navy ships. President Clinton proposed the sale in 1995 saying the oil field no longer served a military purpose!

The DOE (Energy Department) received a total of 22 bona fide offers but decided to sell this "crown jewel" of oil and gas fields to Occidental Petroleum Corp. By selling off this resource the Clinton/Gore team eliminated the U.S. Navy's primary source of emergency crude oil. They argued that this field "no longer serves a national security purpose."

"We view this asset as becoming the crown jewel of our domestic operations," said Occidental Oil and Gas C.E.O. David Hentschel.

Couching this questionable attack on our National Security in conservative jargon, Patricia Godley, DOE's Assistant Secretary for Fossil Energy, claimed the sale was part of Al Gore's efforts to "reduce the size of government" and "return inherently non-federal functions to the private sector." The largest federal divestiture was also said to help "pay off the national debt."

The sale of this government oil field to Occidental Petroleum may have directly benefited Al Gore through his ownership of Occidental stock. While his aides denied Gore encouraged this sale, his booklet "Reinventing Government" called on the government to sell these precious oil reserves. Gore wrote "...Elk Hills Naval Petroleum Reserves... no longer serves its original strategic purpose for the Navy."

Gore called for the sale of this prime contingency source of fuel for the Navy, calling it "Common Sense Government." In an emergency, where will our Navy get its fuel? From Iraq?

The same Al Gore witnessed the loss, theft or sale of the crown jewels of our nuclear war know-how from Los Alamos National Laboratory. Whether these events are interconnected we do not know. That our national security has been seriously damaged is a certainty.
http://www.newsmax.com/articles/?a=2000/9/25/112857

I keep on following the money.

Occidental Petroleum, Gore and the Human Rights War
by Katie Jensen

Call it, “swept under the rug” but the plight of the U’wa Indians in Columbia has been less than obvious in our social forum. However, on September 19th Angela Sokolowski and others like her attempted to change this. Protests were held in both Des Moines and Ames in order to bring attention to the civil rights violations of the oil company, Occidental Petroleum. Occidental estimates that there is 1.5 billion barrels of oil underneath the land of the U’wa Indians and plans to drill as soon as possible. The Columbian government has done nothing to stand in the way of the company from proceeding with the plan. This is further hampered by the fact that the US government funds the Columbian army and thus fighters against Occidental have been on their own. The human rights and environmental infringement alone would be enough but the issue becomes even more serious. The U’wa Indians declared that they would commit mass suicide if Occidental proceeded and destroyed their sacred land.

Here in Ames, Sokolowski became involved in the cause when she and some friends were having the political discussion of to whom their votes will go. She was informed that Vice President Gore owns $500,000 dollars in Occidental stocks and that he had done nothing to step forward to stop the human rights violation despite portraying himself as the human rights and environmental candidate. Sokolowski said, “We’re not trying to sway voters away from Gore, just to bring what’s going on to the public’s attention.” Part of the protest on the 19th included typed letters, which were mailed to Vice President Gore asking him to stand up for the U’wa Indians. They hoped that the knowledge that the violation has not gone unnoticed would spur Gore to take action against Occidental despite owning such large stocks in it and the obvious financial gain he would receive from the oil which lays under the U’wa land. What makes the situation a bit more convoluted is the campaign contributions that came from Occidental. Occidental gave the Democratic National Committee $100,000 after CEO Ray Irani received a stay in the White House. The campaign contribution further made it questionable that Gore would stand up against the company.

At the protest, Sokolowski and her counterparts stood with clipboards full of letters and flyers. Their poster depicted an oil rig pumping blood, not oil. It read that the blood of the U’wa Indians would be on the hands of Vice President Gore, Occidental Petroleum and Fidelity Investment. Fidelity is one of the top shareholders in Occidental as well and serves as another large corporate face not standing up for the rights of the U’wa. The most powerful stock holders, like Gore and Fidelity have been called by independent protesters and by groups such as the Rainforest Action Network and The Coalition for Amazonian Peoples and their Environment to stand up and speak out, knowing that Occidental could not ignore their complaints.

The U’wa Indians have inhabited the forests of the Columbian Andes for thousands of years. The tribe is about 5,000 strong and has definite ties to their land. They fear the violence and the environmental destruction that would accompany the oil project, which Occidental calls, “Samore Block.” The issue has become more and more prominent although media coverage has been somewhat limited. Sokolowski and others like her however have done their part in increasing awareness of the abuses and plight of the U’wa Indians. The protesters, though their work increasing awareness and petitioning Gore and other stockholders, have taken to heart the statement of the U’wa people from back in August of 1998, “...we ask that our brothers and sisters from other races and cultures unite in the struggle that we are undertaking…we believe that this struggle has to become a global crusade to defend life.”
http://www.stuorg.iastate.edu/drummer/Oct2000Occidental.html

Hey Gore is a environmentalist.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
[attachment]113704[/attachment]

Hes gonna post EVERY webpage ever published....Somebody teach him about "links". PLEASE :rofl3:

chcr

Too cute for words
Thieves, liars and con-men. It's a requirement to be an electable politician.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
flavio said:
Try just this part.....

flavio said:
the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

Yes, I read that the first time, but that's been a true statement for as long as we have had civilized societies. It's a bit like making the statement "politicians can be corrupt." Well, of course they can, but it doesn't bring any useful information to the discussion IMO. All leaders bend the will of the people to their bidding in some form or another.

Unless... you're actually saying Bush is a dictator veiling his actions in democracy?

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Squiggy said:
:confuse3: I don't get the reference...

Bush is an evil oil tyrant because of claims of where his family made some money, but it's laughable to post claims of Gore's background?

Personally, I find both claims equally laughable, and I find it a bit hypocritic to not treat them on the same footing.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
But I do treat them on equal footing. And in doing so, I come to realize that a sitting President's past is a bit more 'up front' than a failed candidate's. And even if they were of equal gravity, the bush past is much more ominous than the other. There was a decent conversation taking place till ol'man decided to start dropping flame bait. No one was rabid. No one got angry. And you blame flav for all your troubles... You might want to consider that you just enjoy the flames.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I think if you stop and look real hard at any politician, you will eventually find something. Whether you find it from that person or his grandfather, you will eventually find some dirty tricks played, or questionable tactics used. It's not just politicians though, it's anyone that has a lot of money. We're generally pretty jealous when it comes to extremely wealthy people. They do things that we SAY we would never do, but given the opportunity to make millions, most of us would do the exact same thing.

Oli, I don't know man, we were having a pretty good discussion here without flames. When someone comes in and just starts posting the entire Sunday edition of a newspaper with little or no personal comments, you have to wonder about thier motives.

flavio

Banned
outside looking in said:
flavio wrote:
Try just this part.....

flavio wrote:

Yes, I read that the first time, but that's been a true statement for as long as we have had civilized societies. It's a bit like making the statement "politicians can be corrupt." Well, of course they can, but it doesn't bring any useful information to the discussion IMO. All leaders bend the will of the people to their bidding in some form or another.

Unless... you're actually saying Bush is a dictator veiling his actions in democracy?

I'm saying the current administration is using the same tactics that the Germans used to get support for the war. It sort of ties in nicely with the Bush, Auschwitz, Iraq theme of the thread.

outside looking in said:
Bush is an evil oil tyrant because of claims of where his family made some money, but it's laughable to post claims of Gore's background?

Personally, I find both claims equally laughable, and I find it a bit hypocritic to not treat them on the same footing.

Bush is the president of the United States and Gore is not in a public office. So tell me why is Gore even relevant to the discussion?

ol' man

PuterTutor said:
Oli, I don't know man, we were having a pretty good discussion here without flames. When someone comes in and just starts posting the entire Sunday edition of a newspaper with little or no personal comments, you have to wonder about thier motives.

Motives?

Comments?

What do you want to hear? I thought the articles spoke for themselves that Gore is not the environmentalist he tries to portray and his past and families past is not that rosy. It is not like GWB is a anti-semitic. He appears to be just the opposite.

When one brings up Bush's dirt it only seems fair to bring up Clintons dirt and his administrations dirt also. Pretty damn scary too.

ol' man

flavio said:
Bush is the president of the United States and Gore is not in a public office. So tell me why is Gore even relevant to the discussion?

Digging dirt on the current admin. Digging dirt on the admin before it and the admin that almost was.

Answer me then why it isn't relevent?

flavio

Banned
Well, it's like if I got pulled over for speeding and I told the cop "There was another guy speeding last week and that guy over there was almost speeding!".

Would that be relevant?