Earth is too crowded

There is more than enough room for double the current population.

in the first of a series of environmental opinion pieces
that's as far as I got. nothnig else matters

unclehobart said:
Too much to sustain? We're doing it and growing fat doing it.

*dismissive wave*
Classic U.S. vs. them ideology.

Earth's population doubled since 1960! If the environmental impact doesn't swaay you, think of it this way. India and China are full to the brim with people... what happens when it spills over?

Can you say invasion?

I knew that you could.

MrBishop said:
India and China are full to the brim with people... what happens when it spills over?

Can you say invasion?

I knew that you could.

That ain't all I can say. It starts with twelve and ends with guage.

SouthernN'Proud said:
That ain't all I can say. It starts with twelve and ends with guage.
I think that Their closest neighbours will have issues long before you do. Like Pakistan, Burma, Thailand, Mongolia, Russia etc... especially those in the middle. :eek:

Those two don't have to invade the USA...they're moving in already. Legally.

Considering how many of the countries you've mentionned have nuclear capabilities .... I expect the population problems will regulate themselves in short order.

I'm just waiting for the gov to do a Massive "imminent domain" thing ,and start
another civil war. :confused: (already happening on a smaller scale)

Professur said:
Considering how many of the countries you've mentionned have nuclear capabilities .... I expect the population problems will regulate themselves in short order.
Most are afraid to go nuclear except as a last resort. If it did...I have to words for you.

Prevailing
Winds

prevailing_winds_big.gif

What's your point? Anything in china will dump it's fallout into the pacific. Russia will dump mostly there too. Might make the west coast (like anyone would notice) and drop into the Rockies, but no further. India-Pakistan will dump into the Indian. Our local rad levels might increase marginally, but getting rid of that much population would improve the global warming trends and help drop the increase in solar rad were're already facing. Not to mention that noone has any clue what effect the magnetic polar inversion will have on all of these factors. It might well drop the prevailing surface winds to half.

The point was that India/Pakistan wouldn't be using nukes knowing that the winds would be carrying the radiation back into their faces.

Ditto for China.

SouthernN'Proud said:
We already got way too many stupid people...let's cull the herd a little.

Then stop the doctors. They've made natural selection useless.

The U.S. has already lit off a thousand nukes
above ground and we are all still here.

Don't worry, killin' people with nukes isn't an environmental issue.

It is a moral one.

Back