Edjumakayshun

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
The French teacher sent a note home about a class project they're doing.
One of the pages was written in French. Incorrect French. Really really bad French.

What to do?

Write an anonymous note back with the corrected French? Ask for a meeting so the teacher has it in for the kid all year? Go with the original instinct that it's only French class, that he has no idea what the note says, and that he's not apt to remember it or use it for more than buying cereal, and don't do anything at all?

It would definitely make the teacher think twice about making a nuisance of themselves. Lord knows, I've dropped my job title on a few teachers so far, and run them into a corner. No comeback to speak of.

Is it "I don't really know the language"-french, or "I'm a lazy typer an dont care to rewd through"-french?

If it's the first, I'd probably correct the note with red ink and return it. With a smiley face on the bottom. If I suspected the teacher was the type to pick on kids because of their parents, I'd mail it anonymously. Partly just for the hell of it. Partly to say "We are watching youuu!"

If it's the second.. I'd just think "lazy fuck" and not think about it again.

It comes across as just her remembering her elementary school French and going with that. The smiley face bit sounds fun :D

Leslie said:
Write an anonymous note back with the corrected French?

Knowing my grammer and spelling is not up to par and not knowing a word of French, I would insist on a meeting with the teacher and during the meeting DO NOT speak English but French and go over the mistakes in the note...Then watch the expression of the teacher...

Writing french correctly is pretty fuckin' difficult under the best of conditions. She probably just tossed off the note without thinking that anyone would catch the errors.

I'm reminded of an international Diction contest that happened recently.

For the first time in its long history...someone actually wrote out the two paragraph Diction test flawlessly!! :eek:

I can certainly speak grade 5 Ontario french.

I can even get by in Quebec.

I even speak french at work.

What a shock.

I should find out where Larry and his girlfriend post so I can be there and snipe at what they say too!

Actually this one seems ok so far. She has a managing a bar job, and the boys seem to like her, and they like her cooking, they've not said anything off at all. She's got no kids, they've been together about a year.

The rest definitely drank the Orillia water.

Leslie said:
I should find out where Larry and his girlfriend post so I can be there and snipe at what they say too!

I wasn't sniping if that's what you think. I was just making a comment, but I guess I'm no longer allowed to post an opinion. Guess I should bite my tongue so to not offend anybody!:rolleyes:

Back