ENOUGH!!!!

What action should be taken to stop the Real World from ruining the rest of OTC

• Lock the Real World until the New Year.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Place a limit of 5 posts per day in the Real World

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Make the Real World a subscription only, hidden forum.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Leave it alone.

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thing is Gonz...what's said in TRW doesn't stay TRW. It washes over into the other forums. Nothing wrong with heated discussions...attacking ideas or points-of-view...but then it gets personal and THAT washes over into the LL very easily, doesn't it?

So...PersonX doesn't like your take on The economy, big deal. You can still talk about the NHL or gaming or something else.

PersonX calls you a fuckwit... Aah, then s/he must think that you're a fuckwit when you're talking about NHL, swimming, child rearing, gardening, movies etc etc... damned if you ever talk with them again.

:shrug:
I'll agree to that.
I have enough drama in my life without having to seek it out online via arguing with someone over the internet about politics and religion. If I wanted that I could just call my mother.

:D mums heh!

(not that i argue with her you understand ... we just don't tend to talk about current affairs or the modern day use of language or just ... young people today so much ...by mutual consent ;) )

drama? sheesh - i got accused of that yesterday for simply saying 'fuck traffic wardens!' .. i freakin hate traffic wardens btw :shrug:

well, i vote ban nothing -ab-so-lutely-zippo

i know all about pushing the limits! :grinyes:
but yeah, i'd moderate ... be being easy going, have a laugh and a chat ..and failing that being totally coldly ruthless

Thing is Gonz...what's said in TRW doesn't stay TRW. It washes over into the other forums. Nothing wrong with heated discussions...attacking ideas or points-of-view...but then it gets personal and THAT washes over into the LL very easily, doesn't it?

So you think not having a TRW forum is going to keep the washing over into other forums from happening? If someone is going to have something to say on a RW topic ,the lack of TRW is going to mean it'll be posted somewhere else anyway.

Limiting the post counts isn't going to work either ,as was already mentioned ,it'll slow things down as people are going to want to miss an opportunity by using up all their posts .On the flip side if someone uses up all there posts they'll be open to abuse by someone who hasn't.

Plain and simple if you can't handle it stay out or use the "ignore" button.

I'd volunteer to mod it...but then I'd actually have to sift through all that horseshit, right?

So you think not having a TRW forum is going to keep the washing over into other forums from happening? If someone is going to have something to say on a RW topic ,the lack of TRW is going to mean it'll be posted somewhere else anyway.

Limiting the post counts isn't going to work either ,as was already mentioned ,it'll slow things down as people are going to want to miss an opportunity by using up all their posts .On the flip side if someone uses up all there posts they'll be open to abuse by someone who hasn't.

I'll remind you that there are cases where that isn't an option. :shrug:

No what I'm saying..what I had hoped to say is that the laissez-faire modding of the RW is what allows for the washing over. If personal attacks got stomped on quickly, none of this mess would be evident, and this thread unnecessary.

You can't get rid of RW...like you said, RW topics would find themselves all over the board. :shrug:

I don't think that closing it down would work, even temporarily. Adding 1-2 mods with opposing political leanings (Lib vs Con) might work like a Good Cop/Bad Cop thing, tho'

Maybe an ombudsman.

We tried the lib vs con balancing act with the admins. Tell the lib admin I said 'hi' when you see her.

So...PersonX doesn't like your take on The economy, big deal. You can still talk about the NHL or gaming or something else.

PersonX calls you a fuckwit... Aah, then s/he must think that you're a fuckwit when you're talking about NHL, swimming, child rearing, gardening, movies etc etc... damned if you ever talk with them again.

I know SnP and I rarely agree on anything in TRW, but we can always talk about sports! How 'bout the Bucs? or Vikes? (both suck)

Vote for me!

choose life!

plus, i can't be arsed with bogging me feet down in either camp much ... i like to dance around the entrenchments shouting french sounding obscenities.

what more do you want?

I'd recommend, Gato or SNP, then BoP or Bish ..and me as the swinging *party* vote

plus, i have the advantage of not knowing what the knob you guys are on about half the time anyway ...

plus i can read minutiae between lines better than a pyschic​

You want extremes... vote for Highwayman and Spike. :D

I'll toss in my hat for BB...just for the fun of seeing him 'handle things'

I noticed them. A few posts here and there hardly qualify as a return.

But the trend, I see, points out my exact issue .... there's no mods left here. They've all gotten sick of the place and walked.

You want extremes... vote for Highwayman and Spike. :D

I'll toss in my hat for BB...just for the fun of seeing him 'handle things'

:D

it's like that death thread ..ya know the famous last words one ...

" I wonder what happens if you press this ..."

I noticed them. A few posts here and there hardly qualify as a return.

But the trend, I see, points out my exact issue .... there's no mods left here. They've all gotten sick of the place and walked.

Who are the mods anyway? Isn't Gonz a mod? And unc .. who else .. *thinks* .. les ... that's all I can think of off the top of my head .. who else is there?

Rob is the moderator of the Trivia forum only. He can't do anything in the RW.

What? He doesn't have aaalll the power???? :D

So, if you're a mod, you're only a mod of one area? I vote for tonks .. she's the most level headed AND humorous of the bunch, I think ... just MHO

HomeLAN
Kiddie Korner, Science and Technology

Leslie
Love & Lifestyles

Luis G
Creative Arts and Design, Kiddie Korner, Lunatic Lounge

Nixy
Kiddie Korner, The Lobby

outside looking in
Science and Technology

samcurry
Bomb Shelter, Town Hall

Shadowfax
Entertainment, Kiddie Korner

unclehobart
Kiddie Korner, Trivia

Thesea re your Mods folx... tho I don't see OLI, SF, of Sam all that often.

Back