ENOUGH!!!!

What action should be taken to stop the Real World from ruining the rest of OTC

• Lock the Real World until the New Year.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Place a limit of 5 posts per day in the Real World

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Make the Real World a subscription only, hidden forum.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Leave it alone.

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How about we make it not show up on Today's Posts.

Then disable avatars and sigs from showing up in RW threads.

How much, I wonder, of this is caused by someone seeing a certain avatar and going "that fucking asshole!!"
I mean, it would still be the same people, but I think from a visual aspect, you wouldn't associate certain usernames/avatars/sigs with a specific viewpoint.

The problem is we have Gonz the moderator regularly making personal insults or completely ignoring insults directed at left leaning members. However, if you respond to a personal attack from right wing member you end up with an infraction.

Either there's no rules and people can insult each other all they want or there needs to be much more consistent enforcement of the rules.

When the moderator ignores infractions only from right wingers and regularly breaks the rules himself it means they shouldn't be a moderator.

Ideally a more neutral and consistent moderator would be put in his place. If that can't happen then he needs balanced with liberal mod. Then they can just blaze away with infractions flying right and left....pun intended.

Since I don't see a way to fix the RW problem without hurting the board as a whole, I voted "leave it alone"
I may not post a lot, but I'm here every day reading. TRW can be very entertaining and very annoying!
and I think if it wasn't there this place would gradually stagnate. problem is.. its very hard to keep your feelings confined to a single forum and not let it spill into the whole place. *If member X is being a complete asshole in TRW its going to be really hard to stop thinking of member X as a real asshole in any other forum* feelings get hurt and people stop posting and/or leave. and some stay and keep posting even though you wish they would leave. :asshole2:

:D

Talking about open warfare...Now were is that gun polish, the ammo is right here..wizzzzbangbooommmmm

Now That... is something I'm prepared for :devious:

gi22.jpg

Am I wrong that there is not a warning before entering TRW that states something to the effect of if you can't handle it stay out? Personally, I have enough drama at home to even enter the place, and I find I fully enjoy all of the other forums. I think leave it alone, and if you are finding trouble there stay away for a bit.

That's just me though..:shrug:

Don't like it, stay out.

Everytime the RW has slowed for any length of time, the entire site has come to a crashing halt.

Everytime people around here get uncomfortable, they want to ban someone. This time it's an entire forum. Politics and political discussions, which is what the news of the day boils down to, is subjective to OPINION. We all have them. We all should be able to freely & openly express them. Jackbooted thugs with iron fists supresss & discourage open debate. If you like that, go back to HWC & try to say something controversial.

Limiting the number of posts per day will discourage movemment within a thread since there may be a better one later & you'll be out of options since you used your 5 in the "Johnny Law-good or bad" thread.

If you want peace & harmony, go to PiL or Cats place. Birds of a feather gets boring. We need more libs around here. More discourse. More open & honest discussion. More subjects unsuitable for polite company. Politics, Religion, Abortion and other highly charged topics. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. However, it does get ugly. It can get personal. Don't say you weren't warned.

I'm in complete agreement with Gonz. Now let me add this...

I have been here almost two years now and although I do not post much, I do read quite a lot of what gets posted here, especially in the RW forum. I have also had my fair share of debates.

OTC is a great place to hangout during your spare time. We joke and say how our day went and so on and so forth. But we all have our own minds and we do have a difference in how we think, feel, and believe. The RW forum lets us express that. No matter what the decision is, it will not shield everyone from getting offended. Someone will always get offended not matter how constructive your criticism is. If you cannot handle constructive criticism then you have no place at the RW forum. Don't like a certain member? Put him on your ignore list.

If you're too sensitive and do not heed the warning that is stated in red prior to entering the RW forum and are allowing yourself to get all worked up over what somebody posted and so you are threatening to leave, then just leave. I don't see why the RW forum has to be strictly regulated just for the few who just don't get it.

The RW forum provides a place without the merry beer & cheese posts we get often here at OTC. It gives OTC substance and goes beyond the superficiality of other forums. I voted that it be left alone.

to quote one the Airplane! movies...

"they bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into... i say, let 'em crash!"

to quote one the Airplane! movies...

"they bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into... i say, let 'em crash!"

More along the lines of feeding bears in Yellowstone while in front of the sign warning you not to...

If you're too sensitive and do not heed the warning that is stated in red prior to entering the RW forum and are allowing yourself to get all worked up over what somebody posted and so you are threatening to leave, then just leave. I don't see why the RW forum has to be strictly regulated just for the few who just don't get it.

I'm all for that as long as left leaning members aren't "moderated" and right wingers are free to offend at will as currently is the case.

We can't have the AUP only pointed out when it's convenient for a right winger.

I'm all for that as long as left leaning members aren't "moderated" and right wingers are free to offend at will as currently is the case.

I have seen forums that moderating is an iron fist, if what you said does not go along with the consensas of the moderators then the post is dumped or severly edit...I don't stay long at those forums..

Spike, you do have legit bitch in the area of name calling...

I'm sorry... but its coming from all sides. No amount of passive agressive baiting is going to change that. It's not going to stop and we aren't claiming that it will stop... but we will start to trim the fat when it moves to childish.

I'm sorry... but its coming from all sides. No amount of passive agressive baiting is going to change that. It's not going to stop and we aren't claiming that it will stop... but we will start to trim the fat when it moves to childish.

Yep.

Back