ENOUGH!!!!

What action should be taken to stop the Real World from ruining the rest of OTC

• Lock the Real World until the New Year.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Place a limit of 5 posts per day in the Real World

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Make the Real World a subscription only, hidden forum.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Leave it alone.

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All members get PMs when they cross the line. Only one makes it public.

When my kids name-call - they get a time out. It works until they are really hot under the collar another time down the road, and they receive another time out. Period.

Because someone disagrees with you, doesn't make them stupid. Try to be less judgemental and more tolerant.

When my kids name-call - they get a time out. It works until they are really hot under the collar another time down the road, and they receive another time out. Period.

Because someone disagrees with you, doesn't make them stupid. Try to be less judgemental and more tolerant.

IMHO, this brings up a better solution, which is to lock out certain members from the RW forum for a period of time who constantly keeps up the name calling.

Let us call it, "The Quarantine Solution"!

IMHO, this brings up a better solution, which is to lock out certain members from the RW forum for a period of time who constantly keeps up the name calling.

Let us call it, "The Quarantine Solution"!

What about when the mod himself is doing it?

All members get PMs when they cross the line. Only one makes it public.

I didn't get a PM, I got an infraction for responding to someone who was insulting me. How many infractions have you handed out?

Why do you give infractions for "Insulting Other Members" and then insult people yourself?

mmm - i'd kinda meant to ask this spike ...

to be frank i'm used to a lot more shit than i've seen on here .... to be honest most folks here have been pretty friendly or at least pleasant and getting along :shrug:

anyway - i have noticed some spike bashing - sometimes with reason (no problem) sometimes without any i could see in context ...

i really fail to see what the issue is at the mo ..potential issue, sure ... maybe ...

but i wanna ask - since you have had personal attacks made ... is it somet' that bothers you? ..you seem pretty blase' about it .. i just assumed you knew the score and were :shrug: about it ...

but if ya have a problem, maybe you gotta holla!

Personally, after some of the stuff i'd read about this place, i've been very pleasantly suprised by the folk here and the welcome here - you see thus stuff on all different boards, and as a general if it ain't broke don't fix it ... but have a thought -

but a tune up ..nowt wrong with that!

so- forgive me for being dense, or coldly callous ... but have you a problem with it or not?

if so - then speak out - don't be a victim.

at least others would know - but if ya ain't arsed - then cool, all fair.

best BB

What about when the mod himself is doing it?
If a mod is abusing their powers, then write an admin for a second opinion. If its an admin doing the deed, seek out the site admin sam curry. He is the end of the road. If he deems no action to be taken you are then SOL. Membership is a privilege, not a right. We don't pretend to be utopian or lawful neutral. We are all quite fallable, but end up being more than fair in the long run.

yeah but at a certain point spike does 'pull a gretzky' i.e. act far more 'knocked down' than he really is in attempt to draw a penalty. and that sucks just as much as any "name calling" that gonz has ever been involved in.

SNP takes on a patronizing tone all the time. so what?

gato_solo and gonz assume a 'voice of authority' that some might find offensive or divisive. so what?

and the list goes on...

and i'm just as bad as anyone here in making strong and/or potentially offensive to the weak-kneed comments. so stinkin' what?

Don't like it, stay out.
Everytime people around here get uncomfortable, they want to ban someone. This time it's an entire forum. Politics and political discussions, which is what the news of the day boils down to, is subjective to OPINION. We all have them. We all should be able to freely & openly express them.

Don't say you weren't warned.

That's what i'm talking about, I stay out of the RW, if you don't like it, dont go in! Right????????

but i wanna ask - since you have had personal attacks made ... is it somet' that bothers you? ..you seem pretty blase' about it .. i just assumed you knew the score and were :shrug: about it ...

There should be a somewhat level playing field. If in a thread Gato_Solo insults me first and I return the favor why am I the one that gets an "infraction" that still shows up in my Control Panel for "Insulting Other Members"? The reason given by Gonz is:

Twas time to try the new toy. Keep insulting a member of the US Armed Forces & we'll see what else can happen.

So apparently armed services members can insult at will but you're not allowed to insult them back.

Then there's Gonz initiating some uncalled for personal attacks a couple days ago with "Were both your parents communists or are you the back sheep?".

So either personal attacks are allowed or they're not. If they are allowed then they should be allowed for everyone, if they're not then then nobody should be allowed (especially the moderator).

That's not unreasonable is it?

technically, you never answered the question.... the question was, "is it something that bothers you?" ... not, "could you please explain it to us for the umpteenth time?" :D

Actually, I'd like to know as well .. if it's something that bothers you, I mean .. you seem to take it with a grain of salt - which isn't a bad thing - but I'm unsure if you're feeling 'hurt' or just arguing for the sake of arguing. Just curious, is all ...

There should be a somewhat level playing field. If in a thread Gato_Solo insults me first and I return the favor why am I the one that gets an "infraction" that still shows up in my Control Panel for "Insulting Other Members"? The reason given by Gonz is:

Twas time to try the new toy. Keep insulting a member of the US Armed Forces & we'll see what else can happen.

So apparently armed services members can insult at will but you're not allowed to insult them back.

Then there's Gonz initiating some uncalled for personal attacks a couple days ago with "Were both your parents communists or are you the back sheep?".

So either personal attacks are allowed or they're not. If they are allowed then they should be allowed for everyone, if they're not then then nobody should be allowed (especially the moderator).

That's not unreasonable is it?

There is now a completely level playing field. I am now the mod of TRW. Fear me :devious:

Back