Every day, the economy is becoming more and more an 0bama economy.

Cerise

Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? could we?

spike

Well, Hell. You should quote one of those compliments then. ;)

Ok

PRIME MINISTER BROWN: I think President Obama is absolutely right. And I think the history books will record that what he has done in his first, well, nearly 50 days of office has been momentous in setting the means by which we can see the economic recovery happening.

MrBishop

It certainly seems like the debates here used to be at least a little more serious and fact based.
Used to be..yes. There were times where there was less argument and more debate, but those are few and far between now :( More the pity.

spike

Glad to see you leading the way in keeping the debates here serious and fact-based.

She asked me to speculate, how can speculation be fact based? That brings up a good point though. Maybe it's silly to speculate and better to stick to the facts.

minkey said:
that's not very nice.

Yes, if Brown really said that he's a meanie.

Inkara1

She asked me to speculate, how can speculation be fact based? That brings up a good point though. Maybe it's silly to speculate and better to stick to the facts.
It was more that you posted that the debates here used to be serious and fact-based, and then just a couple of posts later said something stupid in the same thread.

Cerise

Crisis leads Obama to pick staff quickly

Obama urges quick passage of stimulus plan

Obama: Stimulus needed to avoid 'catastrophe'
President tells nation Congress must act quickly to fix 'full-blown crisis'

"Ohhhh. Turns out it was a false alarm, everything is fine. :shrug:

In order to pass all our leftist pet projects we did need to spend about $800 billion. But it wasn't so much of a crisis that you guys should stop spending money. In other words, now you're making me look bad.

I got what I wanted. I love you back. Now bend over and take your stimulus."

Obama: Economic crisis 'not as bad as we think'

U.S. retail sales drop not as bad as feared

Summers: 'Excess of fear' must be broken

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Hey didn't your guy rush out a stimulus package because of the emergency economic situation? You liked that one though. :laugh:

No. Congress rushed it through. They gave kingly power to the treasurer & didn't even write in a clause telling their recipients to account for the money.

However, in fairness, GW did sign the piece of shit over the objections of about 75% of the population.

Cerise

WASHINGTON – One of President Barack Obama's economic advisers said Sunday that the economy is fundamentally sound, a striking reversal from the Democrat's campaign rhetoric as his administration now guides the nation's financial health amid dire conditions.

During the fall campaign, Obama mercilessly mocked his Republican opponent, Sen. John McCain, for declaring, "The fundamentals of our economy are strong." Obama's team painted the veteran senator as out of touch and failing to grasp the challenges facing the country.

On Sunday, economic adviser Christina Romer was asked during an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press" if the fundamentals of the economy were sound. "Of course they are sound," she replied.

Just a week ago, White House Office of Management and Budget director Peter Orszag declared that "fundamentally, the economy is weak."

So is the sky falling or not?