Ex's

staffrodore

We all got em right??
So why does everyone I ever come across or threads etc I read on the net diss their exs? After all they or you were attrracted to them once and they are still that same person k?
So here is the say something nice about the ex thread.

My offering is I once said she was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. Then last week I met her sister and now wish to retract my ealier statement. :D

Inkara1

If it weren't for my ex, I wouldn't have the pleasure and utter joy of paying a $42 deposit with PG&E to have electric service turned on at my new apartment, despite having had service with the same company before and my account being current.

tonksy

staffrodore said:
We all got em right??
So why does everyone I ever come across or threads etc I read on the net diss their exs? After all they or you were attrracted to them once and they are still that same person k?
So here is the say something nice about the ex thread.

My offering is I once said she was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. Then last week I met her sister and now wish to retract my ealier statement. :D
my ex isn't the same people that i was attracted to...that being said we are very cordial and friendly and i believe we can make a nice friendship out of this fiasco.

staffrodore

Now why say they are not the same person? Wouldn't it be more like your perception of them has changed somewhat? Not the actual person?

tonksy

staffrodore said:
Now why say they are not the same person? Wouldn't it be more like your perception of them has changed somewhat? Not the actual person?
time and experiences change your views and your mannerisms. the guy i met was not a weak alcoholic. i suppose he may have had the tendencies all along but years of hard times bring out things in a persons character that you didn't know were there. i suppose that i am not the same person either. i still feel friendly towards my ex but i do not want to be with him...nor him with me.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
hmmmm

My ex is the one who suggested I go into Civil Engineering, I love beingi n Civil Engineering. So I am thankful for him for that reason.

Also, without each and every one of my exes I wouldn't be who I am right now and thus I might not be with the wonderful man I am with right now :D

Uki Chick

I would like to thank my ex for opening my eyes to the fool that he was and helping me meet my current husband because of it.

kuulani

i would like to thank my ex for making me realize i don't have to settle for someone who's a sloppy-whore-bucket.

lacemyster

God damn, my ex's are assholes. All of them. Why did I date assholes?

Who knows.....

But, I do thank one of them for getting me started in wrestling, both for ametuer and watching professional wrestling. If it wasn't for that person in the winter in 2002, I wouldn't have grown to the sport that I love the most out of anything, even track.

Back to the asshole thing, I thank *all* of them, so now I know which guys to stay as far away from as I possibly can. :devious:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
My ex taught me that there is a distinct difference between needing a person for something, and loving somebody for who they are. ;)

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
kuulani said:
i would like to thank my ex for making me realize i don't have to settle for someone who's a sloppy-whore-bucket.

you had a thing going on with ris?! :eek:

;)

My ex taught me that there is a distinct difference between needing a person for something, and loving somebody for who they are. ;)

same thing here :) plus the fact that she made me realize that it's not a good thing to date psychopaths :)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Shadowfax said:
plus the fact that she made me realize that it's not a good thing to date psychopaths :)

Yeah...that usually isn't a good thing! Although...the padded cell could be kinda fun :devious:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
[random vent]Mine shows up to pick up the kids Friday morning and informs me that if I don't accept a deal by Tuesday morning instead of letting the courts decide the support amount he is going to quit his job and work at a donut store. I'll still end up with the same amount of dollars regardless of what he does, so he's only screwing himself and proving the dickness that he is, but it still sickens me knowing I didn't know the kind of louse I was living with all this time, and that he's still able to surprise me.[/random vent]

*is not playing his coercion game and is going to leave him with "you gotta do what you gotta do, as do I"

some men suck.

Inkara1

I'm surprised that my ex (or, more accurately, her mother) hasn't threatened to sue me over my first post in this thread because I said something about her that was true but not nice on a bulletin board on the internet.

A.B.Normal

Inkara1 said:
I'm surprised that my ex (or, more accurately, her mother) hasn't threatened to sue me over my first post in this thread because I said something about her that was true but not nice on a bulletin board on the internet.

If you could sue for that ,the courts would be hella more clogged then they are :lol2: