finally.....I'm drinking guinness beer

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Since it isn't available anywhere in Mexico, I had to ask a cousin to get it for me in New York.

I'm drinking some right now, it tastes somewhat like coffee.

:headbang:

Re: finally.....I'm trying guinness beer

from a glass, right?
i've only had it once and i think i may have had a bad bottle because it was awful...but judging from most peoples love of it i am willing to try again.

I've only had it once (about six glasses of it...) and I found it quite sickly. It's very syrupy, and marmite-y in a BAD way... :sick:

BeardofPants said:
I've only had it once (about six glasses of it...) and I found it quite sickly. It's very syrupy, and marmite-y in a BAD way... :sick:
I agree. My brother-in-law loves it though.

ahhhhh fdunrk part eleventy billion :p

enjoy! :headbang:

*mutters summit about furriners and there weak-assed lagers....

Guinness is the ambrosia of the Gods ya buncha heathens!!

It's also an excellent cure for constipation.....but that's by the by

*mourns loss of his guinness drinking ability :mope:

Oz said:
It's also an excellent cure for constipation.....but that's by the by
In the world of medicine, that's called a "side-effect." Isn't it bad enough to have to keep running to the bathroom to pee?

We make black-and-tans at The Bilge . . . pour a half a pint of stout, then float a half a pint of ale on top of it. It's not so heavy and it tastes good.

I wouldn't trade one Negra Modelo for two Guinness, though . . .

Cheers! :toast:

tonksy said:
from a glass, right?
i've only had it once and i think i may have had a bad bottle because it was awful...but judging from most peoples love of it i am willing to try again.

According to my Guiness loving friends it's best on tap...bottles and cans are OK but if it ain't on tap it's just not quite right...:shrug:

Guin or a pint of Ricards Red...on tap, of course. I've got a 'can' of Guin at home wating for me. It's got a little 'whizzer' inside to give it a decent head.

tonksy said:
from a glass, right?
i hate guiness from a bottle, for me it's got to be out of the spiffy can or a tap.

Oz said:
*mutters summit about furriners and there weak-assed lagers....

Guinness is the ambrosia of the Gods ya buncha heathens!!

AMEN

plus mix it half with cider and you have a black velvet (the 2 don't mix, so it's dark on top, light at the bottom)

i've found a new ambrosia...three philosophers from the ommegang brewery in new york. i promise you...you will NOT be disappointed.

tonksy
takes another swig

paul_valaru said:
AMEN

plus mix it half with cider and you have a black velvet (the 2 don't mix, so it's dark on top, light at the bottom)
sounds good, what kind of cider, a hard apple cider of some sort?

Back