flav

flavio

Banned
fury said:
Maybe because 1) it would've taken too long

too long for what?

fury said:
2) the rest of the world doesn't want to hear what we have to say?

It doesn't help when we present a case to the UN and much of the "evidence" is debunked right away.

fury said:
Bin Laden was only part of it. Ridding the world of terror doesn't mean just ridding the world of Bin Laden.

Using a group in Afghanistan to justify invading Iraq is weak.

outside looking in said:
And you're somehow reading something into those raw facts...??

What is it that you think I read into your facts? I think you're putting words in my mouth.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Something about my statements being beside the point. I don't understand... they were direct responses to questions from you. Direct, factual responses. And then you say it's beside the point, as if I was trying to make a case for or against something... exactly what, I have no idea.

flavio

Banned
Oh, I see. I was simply saying that the whole discussion about SCUDS was beside the point. Not just your responses.

Professur

I'm just gonna throw a few logs on this here fire, then back out and let you all roast you chestnuts on it.

Canada was convinced by the case presented to her by the US/UK intelligence. Canada is prepared to enter the conflict on the side of it's allies. But, Canada stated from the begining that they needed a UN resolution to lend political crecidence to the affair. You see, Canada has a substancial reputation to uphold as the world's peacemaker. In any conflict in the world, any international debate, or discussion, Canada is seen as the "good guys". And that let's them do a lot of good. It gives them a political clout that belies their armed might. A canadian negotiator can go anywhere in the world and be listened too. Joining this assault without UN backing would put decades of work at risk.

And as for showing that evidence, that rock solid case to everyone else ... well France and Germany already found bugs in their UN offices. Do you really think that the US/UK is gonna give up their sources? Most of the evidence that makes up that case would have make those sources stand out like sore thumbs. Or like they had bullseyes painted on their foreheads.

And as for the good that case would have done .... a rock solid case was presented to the UN Secretary for investigation. Allegations, testimony, and evidence that Saddam and his boys were comitting atrocities. The case was flatly refused. Annan said that there was no point in reading it, since it would be blocked before it got anywhere.

But you want facts? You want cases? No prob. I hope you've lots of time for reading.

The Guardian
INDICT