flav

flavio

Banned
outside looking in said:
Then how do you know there was no decent case against him?

If there was a deent case it would have been a good idea to present it to the UN. Maybe now that the war has started he could even present it to everyone.

outside looking in said:
They do present a threat to neighboring countries though, as we have witnessed in the past,

The status of these things has been in question. It's beside the point anyway as they weren't part of the case to invade.

flavio

Banned
Shadowfax said:
75 billion wasn't just for iraq...know your facts.

Does that change the point? Ok, lets just say 50 billion for starters and thousands of lives. Same point.

flavio

Banned
fury said:
Saddam's regime is still bad news. It was building up to be a situation that would present a danger to the entire world.

If that's true then why not take the time to make a solid case for it and get the support of the world.

Have you asked the Iraqi people how they feel about it lately? I don't know about you, but if I were one of them, I'd gladly be one of the nameless faces that got flattened in the name of ridding my country of a heartless executor and his men.

Well, I heard about a bunch of Iraqi civilians cheering one of our downed helicopters. Doesn't sound like they all are into this liberation by bombing.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Well, I heard about a bunch of Iraqi civilians cheering one of our downed helicopters. Doesn't sound like they all are into this liberation by bombing.

you see the parts they want you to see....BOTH parties.

i tend not to believe either parties when it comes to the media. at least i'm very sceptic about it.

you really believe only little kids and babies were civilian casualties?
that's what they show, so it must be true :rolleyes:

flavio

Banned
Shadowfax said:
you really believe only little kids and babies were civilian casualties?
that's what they show, so it must be true

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Regardless, I would like to see what percentage of Iraq really wants to be "liberated".

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
i meant: do you believe what the Iraqi media shows you? do you believe what the allied media shows you?
it's all biased. iraq loves to show wounded kids after an attack, making it look like mostly innocent kids are being hit....
the US makes sure as few possible views of dead US soldiers reach the world...

so, fact is: what we see is a selective, biased amount of images...so when i see a few dozen people cheering over a downed chopper, i don't instantly get the idea that the people don't want to be liberated...

and then there is the fact of whether people DARE to give their opinion...but we'll see what they think after the Hussein regime is gone.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
RD_151 said:
Just about everyone hates Israel

Could the cause of that be they are showing it's not the region, or it's people, it's freedom & the democratic process that works?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
flavio said:
Well, I heard about a bunch of Iraqi civilians cheering one of our downed helicopters

Put a Fayeed Saddam behind me with a AK-47 & I'd cheer too.

RD_151

No Gonz, last I checked they hated them because they're Jewish! And I have thousands of years of history to back up my statement ;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gonz was showing the double standard ;)

Freak, the right wing is accused of being part of the Zionist master plan, far from ignoring it.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
flavio said:
If that's true then why not take the time to make a solid case for it and get the support of the world.
Maybe because 1) it would've taken too long and 2) the rest of the world doesn't want to hear what we have to say? Remember, most countries not named Uncle Sam hate the greedy, warmongering Americans, and have hated us for quite a while, even before this Iraq shit started. I don't think they'd listen to us even if we had a "solid case" as you call it, and said Saddam was a warmongering WMD-hoarder.

flavio said:
It was yet another attempt to use bin Laden's 9/11 as an excuse to invade Iraq.
Bin Laden was only part of it. Ridding the world of terror doesn't mean just ridding the world of Bin Laden.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
flavio said:
outside looking in said:
They do present a threat to neighboring countries though, as we have witnessed in the past,

The status of these things has been in question. It's beside the point anyway as they weren't part of the case to invade.
I don't know why you and others have taken my statements out of context. You asked a question of whether SCUD's could reach US shores or not. I wasn't sure if you really meant that or not. In a subsequent post, I simply defined the abilities of SCUD's, in case you or someone else really didn't know.

I just stated facts. No opinions to accompany them. And you're somehow reading something into those raw facts...?? Stop doing that.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
flavio said:

Maybe because France stated, emphatically, that they would veto any resolution that stated force would be used...regardless of the reason.