For once I have a serious question...

nalani

LL - a claddagh is a great idea! Mizpah is beautiful indeed, but unless you're of the Jewish/Hebrew religion/culture, it's hard for it to have "depth" as far as meaning ... if you're both into Celtic history (and chances are, if you're Irish or Scots, you've got some Celtic DNA ;)), then that might be the way to go... not to mention, the weave of the claddagh (depending on which variation you go with) has so many levels of interpretation ... :)

I think it's great that you're taking your friendship to another level. Ku'u and I share that kind of friendship .. we often split a cold pack and *sniff* .. when the time is right *tears of friendship* .. we bring them together .. and make them whole again ... *happy tears*

nalani

*draws a picture*

there are 12 beers in a cold pack ...

she takes 6 home, I take 6 home ...

at the appropriate time, we bring them together .. and share them.

of course, I'm making this up .. but it sounds like the beginnings of a great tradition .. waddaya think, ku'u? :D

ris

some of the irish, scots and welsh knotwork is rather fabulous, i quite like viking and saxon stuff too. its as beautiful but slightly more unusual.

Jeslek

Banned
I can kind of clarify that too. Neither of us mind that telling other people about it, but I wasn't about to explain what I mean by that without first seeing people's reactions here. And MANY people ask me when they notice it. Warning: Silliness ahead for some people, very important for us though. It is one of my most important experiences ever. (gee that sounds so silly)

On the back of my right hand, actually more to the wrist, is a scar about half an inch long. He has an identical marking. About 4 years ago we decided to officially become best friends ;). We read a few books, and was inspired by the Indian stories of bloodfriends. We thought it was a neat concept, and did the same thing. Cut ourselves, and while the blood is running down your arm you would touch each other so the blood would mix. We are bloodfriends, soulfriends, or whatever you want to call it. The 5th year anniversary is coming up, and I want to give him something.

It sounds stupid, silly, childish, and foolish to some, but it is very important to us. We don't notice it anymore, but when we are alone or so, bored, you have a habit of touching your hands, and that reminds us that that we have a friend off somewhere, thinking about you, and caring about you. And if you are wondering, my girlfriend does not mind and she is kinda jealous. :D

I can't believe how personal this thread has become. :blush: I'm sorry for ranting all this shit lol. But we did some pretty unbelievable things.

EDIT: Spelling

Jeslek

Banned
nalani said:
I think it's great that you're taking your friendship to another level

Neither of us are Hebrew. Or Celtic. I think both of us have French ancestors. And thank you Nalanai, I appreciate you saying that.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
LL, just so you know, I don't think you a fairy boy, or anything else that you may be worried people are thinking about you. I think it's rather cool to have a friend like that.

MuFu

LastLegionary said:
Gato_Solo said:
This wouldn't happen to be the guy you kissed, would it? :D
No hehe, that was in high shool. I have never kissed my friend.
BTW...Kissing a guy isn't as bad as Shadowfax blowing goats... :D
OK I agree with you here :)

The goats are his friends. Does that make a difference? :D

Jeslek

Banned
lol, hm, ok guys, lets cut the goat crap from this thread... I want to show it to my soulmate and I don't want it messed up with goatboy sex.

trinity2

I agree!!

Attachment(s):

goatboy.jpg, 23.63kb

132_1031267051.jpg

greenfreak

I understood the Claddagh symbols to mean:

hands: friendship
heart: love
crown: loyalty

I had one made for me with my green birthstone as the heart. It can be worn on any finger but there are supposed to be meanings on the way you wear it:

right hand, crown out: available
right hand, crown in: have a bf/gf
left hand, crown out: engaged
left hand, crown in: married

All of this could be bullshit, I don't know.

I did have two male friends who wanted to do the same thing you did and they got these c-shaped bracelets (they don't go all the way around, there's a break in them) made out of hard copper wire in a celtic pattern. They had a spot where it was engraved underneath out of view which, if you were wearing it, would probably rest against your scar.

I don't know if you could find anything like that, but it was 'manly' enough and sentimental at the same time. Good luck with it!

Jeslek

Banned
I have found one which I really like. It contains all three elements you mentioned greenfreak, and is worn around the neck. Two identical pendants with the names inscribed on the back would work. This is just a thought at the moment, I will probably change depending on what my soulfriend thinks.

Attachment(s):

claddagh-pendant.jpg, 58.50kb

149_1031270851.jpg

kuulani

nalani said:
I think it's great that you're taking your friendship to another level. Ku'u and I share that kind of friendship .. we often split a cold pack and *sniff* .. when the time is right *tears of friendship* .. we bring them together .. and make them whole again ... *happy tears*

*sniff* those are good times *sniff*

kuulani

Gato_Solo said:
So you and Ku'u refill beer cans? :confuse3: :confuse2: :eek:

Speaking of refilling beer cans ... did anybody see that DAVID BLAINE trick where he took a totally empty can of beer, waved his magicness around, and ...tada!! The can was refilled!! David Blaine is a beer god. :headbang:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
dude, just get really drunk with him, i bet you will have a great idea while drunk. :D