fury, about this interview.

A few hours to work? Have you discussed how much he's paying you per hour, benefits, etc? He shouldn't get you working for free, even if only for a few hours.

As far as I can recall through the static of the message (he called while i was 2 states outside of my home area), he's going to pay me for these few hours. The owner asked for this in order to get a better feel for me. I think they're both scared that because i'm so young and never had a job before that I'll not be able to handle the pressure of an actual work environment.

rock on dude. call me if you run into any problems, you got my work number....:beardbng: :beardbng:

That's great fury!!! Now, just make sure that DSL line is fixed right away, ok? :D

It's pretty typical in the jobs I've had for a new employee to start off by spending like 2 or 3 hours at the place, to get a feel for it and all that.

PuterTutor said:
Now, just make sure that DSL line is fixed right away, ok?
Actually I mentioned cable to him fairly quickly after I learned he had a DSL line. Told him about the beautiful 400kb/s I usually get and all that... :D

$6.50 an hour, eventually hopes to raise me up to $7.25 within the next couple of months. I don't think as a part time employee that I can get any benefits like insurance or anything, but that's understandable (I can just get my own, can't I?)

I'll be learning about how the place works this week (e.g. cash register operation, helping customers, making service estimates) and next week on the days I come in, I'll be running the place myself :eek:

Today I pretty much just diagnosed a couple of computers, one was a P150 with a stick of 512mb of ram in it preventing it from booting into Windows, so I took that stick and the SIMMs that were creating incompatibilities, and installed another 32 to bring it up to 64 megs. Another was a totally whacked installation of Windows 98 that couldn't be saved and was marked for a format and reinstall. Then I started working on a P90 that, apparently, has a malfunctioning board - there are two IDE controllers integrated to the board, one PCI and one ISA, and they both conflict with each other. The bigger problem is the board is made by Micronics which was bought by Diamond which was bought by S3 and phased out of existence, so that's gonna make it real hard to find updated drivers for the chipset. What also makes it hard is that the DSL connection wasn't working the whole time I was there.

But all around, I think I'm gonna enjoy this job MUCH more than I'd enjoy flipping burgers or sacking groceries for $5.50/hr :beerbang:

Page generated in 36.66828501 seconds with 16 queries.
Load averages: 11.51 » 7.49 : 5.09
posting that reply

Page generated in 11.45022905 seconds with 25 queries.
Load averages: 10.26 » 7.60 : 5.21
viewing this page after posting that reply

:bolt:

Back