fury, about this interview.

If you don't say what you want and what I'm getting out of it in the first two things you say, I'd hang up on you too.

When my mother tried calling some people with tournament results from work they wouldn't answer since their caller ID showed it as Howard Simon & Associates and thought it was a telemarketer. :eek:

"Hi, is Mr [name] there? He asked me to ring him

a) if I needed to replace [something] in ...
b) to let him know what is wrong with ...

his computer..."

Don't pause long enough for them to get a word in between.

It's always good to practice several different ways of saying something.

I usually tell them who I am and then ask for the person I need. Since I'm usually only calling my own users, they already know who I am from my name or at least when I say I'm from the Computer Center.

I believe it's courtesy to introduce yourself before you ask for someone else.

So, I would say something like,

"Good morning, this is Dennis from Computer Tek. I need to speak to John about the repair of his computer if he is available?"

And telelmarketers tend to ask for the person first and only say who is calling if you ask so maybe that is why she hung up...

OH WELL! There is always next time!

Nah, you won't get fired. Just DON'T say, "HEY BITCH, YOU WANT THIS FUCKING COMPUTER FIXED OR NOT????"

They do tend to frown on that, even though they rarely hang up at that point.

What's 21 hours * $6.50 an hour?

$136.50! What's $136.50 - $19.45 for taxes?

MONEY! :D :D :D :D

MONEY THAT'S MINE! :headbng2:

Sounds good :D ... so what are you going to do with it, apart from gaze at it lovingly?

My first paycheck as a student nurse was £57 for the month after my accomodation was paid for (1974). I kept £30 to see me through and went on a spending spree with the rest. This when £0.50 got me a 3 course meal in the staff canteen. :)

I lost a lot of that feeling when we went to direct deposit. There's just something about an actual check.

i always have had direct deposists...i like getting the money, but i already know in advance how much it's gonna be (estimated) so it's never a big surprise or something...

there is something special about the first paycheck though :)

My brother cashed his first real paycheck and got ones. Then he threw them all over his room and just looked at them. I just cashed mine and spent it all in one day.

Back