Glasses!

tonksy

So I had an eye exam and will be the proud owner of 2 new pairs of eyeglasses this time next week.
The lasik wore off in a big way and I am not in a hurry to undergo that again....although, apparently my eyes are nowhere near as bad as they were but the whole having good eyesight for 2 years has lowered my tolerance for imperfection in that department.
One of the pairs has a nifty magnetic snap on sunglass lens bit so that'll be neat, I've never had a good fit on sunglasses and never sprang for the prescription ones...but then again I have never had an Opthamalogist tell me that sunlight increases eye strain when one has a stigmatism.

Because my stigmatisms were pretty severe...and also (and I did not know this) dry and irritable eyes caused by seasonal allergies can cause occular swelling which will exasperate a stigmatism.

I have two pairs, one are regular glasses and the other are graduated sunglasses.

Stigmatism sucks.

At least with most problems, you can do somethings alright, but with a stigmatism, you can't see anything properly, but can almost see it, so it's very frustrating.

It's not like things are blurry in my right eye, it's like everything is all fucked up looking. Not in a descriable warped way either, everything looks wrong. But if you focus weirdly, you can make everything look normal, so it's incrediably frustrating.

I'll be joining you in about a month, once we get onto my dad's new Boeing health insurance.

You about summed it up. Everything looks blurry but not really...and it's almost like double vision...but not quite. If I scowl and blink it'll come clear but then I look pissed off or deranged or something. Anywho...I'll be happy when the glasses are ready.

So I had an eye exam and will be the proud owner of 2 new pairs of eyeglasses this time next week.

Don't feel so bad, at least you had a chance with the lasik...
I had 20/15 eyesite until I was 30 then it went down hill from there and needed glasses when I turned 40. What sucks is that my eyes are 20/20 but need glasses to read and need to wear them all the time to stop the eye strain and the headachs...

I've had glasses since I hit 18, though I probably should've had them before ... I thought that my vision was normal :shrug:

MrsBish is considering the Lasik thing in 07. I've thought about it, but my eyesight's not that bad.

Sorry to hear about your surgery not lasting a long time, Tonks :(

I needed glasses since I was 13 I think. Fortunately the prescription hasn't changed much through time. I started with 1.50/1.25 of mypia and now it is 1.75/1.75 with 0.25/0.5 stigmatism.

Oh well...now I have another accessory to worry about. Now I'll need a pair of glasses to match all my shoes and purses ;)

Oh well...now I have another accessory to worry about. Now I'll need a pair of glasses to match all my shoes and purses ;)

Wait untill you will need to wear the binoculers...

farnsworth.gif

wimmens with glasses is hawt. :brow:

Absolutely. :grinyes:

So, LASIK wears off? Huh, did not know that. I'm too chicken to try it, anyway.

I'm due for a new pair of Coke bottle bottoms, too. This time I'm not wasting money on Transitions lenses, though. They are useless - they don't get dark enough outdoors to do any good, and they don't get dark at all in a vehicle, when you need them the most.

It doesn't wear off per se. Think of it as repairing existing damage with the decay just being the natural extention that you were already in. If you were at about a 50 on a 100 scale of eyesight but were actively decaying because of genetics or age, the surgery just corrects you back to like 90-100. The freefall then continues from that point. If you were genetically meant to drop 20 more points, then you will drop 20 more points... which leaves you at 80. Its still better than where you were; its just that one gets addicted to crisp eyesight.

It doesn't wear off per se. Think of it as repairing existing damage with the decay just being the natural extention that you were already in. If you were at about a 50 on a 100 scale of eyesight but were actively decaying because of genetics or age, the surgery just corrects you back to like 90-100. The freefall then continues from that point. If you were genetically meant to drop 20 more points, then you will drop 20 more points... which leaves you at 80. Its still better than where you were; its just that one gets addicted to crisp eyesight.

Ah, I gotcha. Same reason why the opthalmologist always says "See you in six months" when you get an eye exam.

Back