Gone Fishin' - the dying art?

Thank you very much Auntie :) I'll try it tomorrow night...I've got a few nice fish awating the skillet at home (Brown Trout) Mmmmm... decent fishin' weekend :)

Im going tomorrow for some coho and brown trout. Hoping to catch a few perch too.

Down here they have been bringing a lot of black grouper in the 40-50 lb. range to the docks lately. Lots of scamp and red snapper, too.

MrBishop said:
I'm wondering if anyone else fishes, if so what type (Dock,Fly, Boat,Ocean) and how often...also...the more serious question of what drives you to it.

For me: It's the calmness of it...the sounds of the river, the birds, the wind in the willows etc...get away from the traffic jams and jets roaring overhead.
:wink2:

I too recently rediscovered the magic of fishing. Locally, these mountain streams are brimming with trout, plus Forestry stocks on regular intervals. I do my part to reduce the populations.

I also like to fish for walleye and sauger. There's a fantastic place for them about an hour and a half from here. My dad goes a couple times a year and usually catches his limit within two hours. We fish from the bank, can't afford a boat.

I most enjoy just being out in nature, away from humanity if possible. The scenery, the sounds and silences...it's revitalizing. If by chance I get to hike a mile or three up a good trail to get to a hot trout spot as part of the bargain, even better.

SouthernN'Proud said:
I most enjoy just being out in nature, away from humanity if possible. The scenery, the sounds and silences...it's revitalizing. If by chance I get to hike a mile or three up a good trail to get to a hot trout spot as part of the bargain, even better.

Fishing is the reason I'm so relaxed most of the time. Whether you catch a fish or not, just being in the 'great outdoors' does wonders for a man's soul. It, for me, is a time to think...reflect upon the ways of the world, and my reactions to it. :shrug: Either that, or a stick with a worm on one end and a fool on the other...:D

HomeLAN said:
Need to make it back to Mom's soon. Her pond should be starting to just about burst with brim and large-mouths.

If you guys are so desperate to get me back down there, you could just ask. No need to keep hinting and teasing.

Haven't tried again. Too damned cold to sit out there, perfectly still, waiting for him to show his scaly ass.

samcurry said:
Im going tomorrow for some coho and brown trout. Hoping to catch a few perch too.

I'll send you all the perch I catch for half your trout, or walleye. Them damn sun perch eat all my bait. I end up barely resisting the urge to just pitch 'em in the brush to keep from catching the same one twice.

SouthernN'Proud said:
I'll send you all the perch I catch for half your trout, or walleye. Them damn sun perch eat all my bait. I end up barely resisting the urge to just pitch 'em in the brush to keep from catching the same one twice.

Find a big lake, and use them for bait...:devious:

While I often went fishing when I was younger I almost never fish now. To be honest it doesn't even sound like fun. If i'm going to be out in the middle of no where I'd rather tend to a fire or go exploring (i'm always curious what is just over the hill).

I love building and watching fire. Something about it can keep me entertained for hours. It is even better with some casual conversation and a sky full of stars.

Been a few years since I went fishing... last time I went was for deep sea salmon in Monterey Bay.

Inkara1 said:
Been a few years since I went fishing... last time I went was for deep sea salmon in Monterey Bay.

By the time I get home, the bass will be ready for my lures. :devious: In fact...the speckled sea trout should be running, too...:grinyes:

Back