Gone Fishin' - the dying art?

Bringin' the topic back up.
Tonight's supper is a 21" rainbow trout dragged lovingly out of the Chateaugay river by my father-in-law last weekend. Damn big for this early in the season :D

Bringin' the topic back up.
Tonight's supper is a 21" rainbow trout dragged lovingly out of the Chateaugay river by my father-in-law last weekend. Damn big for this early in the season :D

Not really. Its close to spawning season, and the bigguns should be out and about...unless, of course, they happen to be homosexual. Wouldn't want to offend...

We go fishing alot. Just went on the last full moon, it was so nice to see the moon on the water and it was beautiful night air. Only caught lady fish and cat fish but was still nice .

Soon as I get this medical stuff taken care of, I become a fishing ma-chine. It is my sincere hope to be able to populate a good 20% of our freezer capacity with trout and/or walleye by mid to late August. Factor in that we are planning to purchase a new chest freezer, and...well, you get the picture.

Soon as I get this medical stuff taken care of, I become a fishing ma-chine. It is my sincere hope to be able to populate a good 20% of our freezer capacity with trout and/or walleye by mid to late August. Factor in that we are planning to purchase a new chest freezer, and...well, you get the picture.

I haven't even seen a walleye since I left PA almost 20 years ago. Most of the lakes and ponds around here aren't deep enough I guess...Perhaps if my 'cheap ass' could afford a canoe or summat I could head out to Lake Moultrie out at Santee-Cooper...You can't catch naught but crappie and the occasional 4 to 8 pound bass from shore at the lake by my apartment...:mope: :p

Back