Gun Control

Shopping.

I don't need anything too fancy (read: expensive) for the shotgun. Its primary purpose is the splattering of legless reptiles foolhardy enough to venture onto my property during the daylight. Or burglars foolhardy enough to set foot on the property period. Whichever. No loss either way.

The pistol...I'm thinking 9mm. But I'm open to persuassion. The fewer working parts, the better.

Given the condition of your wrists, I expect the 9mm is the right choice. Be something Allears could handle too.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Shopping.

I don't need anything too fancy (read: expensive) for the shotgun. Its primary purpose is the splattering of legless reptiles foolhardy enough to venture onto my property during the daylight. Or burglars foolhardy enough to set foot on the property period. Whichever. No loss either way.

The pistol...I'm thinking 9mm. But I'm open to persuassion. The fewer working parts, the better.

Remington makes a decent 12 guage pump at a reasonable price, I added an extended mag on mine giving me eight shells verses the factory five...

As far as the 9 goes the Taurus or the Barretta model 92 come to mind and own both, they are basicaly the same firearm and the taurus is the low end model of the two. Basicaly they come of the same machine...

We have a couple of BB guns in Vermont. Since at any given time, there's like a dumpster full of empties in the basement of the house, we grab a couple, line 'em up, and shoot them. Then we get the five cent deposit back.

One time my uncle drove all the cans to the recycling plant and made like twenty bucks.

Altron said:
One time my uncle drove all the cans to the recycling plant and made like twenty bucks.

20 bucks? That's three days of casual drinking or an afternoon of serious discussions...

SouthernN'Proud said:
I'm attached to the only gun she will handle.

If prof weren't here to twist it to make me look bad, I'd make a joke about the range of that particular gun.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Shopping.

What's the primary use for the pistol? Home defense? I'd recommend revolvers - no risk of stovepiping rounds. Have you considered a .357? Pick one up with a 4 inch barrel for decent accuracy, and use .38 ammo for practice to save both cash and recoil wear-and-tear on your wrists.

Load 'er up with Glazers for storage and you're good to go.

Home security, and unwanted critter eradication...which may sometimes be one and the same.

We get some wild animals in these parts from time to time. I'd prefer to have Forestry relocate them, particularly the bears, but if it comes down to it I'll do what I have to. Plus, a pistol can be worn on a mower...a shotgun is a bit unwieldy for that.

HomeLAN said:
What's the primary use for the pistol? Home defense? I'd recommend revolvers - no risk of stovepiping rounds. Have you considered a .357? Pick one up with a 4 inch barrel for decent accuracy, and use .38 ammo for practice to save both cash and recoil wear-and-tear on your wrists.

Load 'er up with Glazers for storage and you're good to go.

Too late for me, I have a Colt Annaconda .44 with the six inch barrel, it's great for the four legged and the two legged critters...

Coulda done with something like that on the weekend. Damn moose was parked in the middle of the road near the cottage, holding up traffic. From the way she just stood there looking at the cars, you'd have thought she was car shopping.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Home security, and unwanted critter eradication...which may sometimes be one and the same.

We get some wild animals in these parts from time to time. I'd prefer to have Forestry relocate them, particularly the bears, but if it comes down to it I'll do what I have to. Plus, a pistol can be worn on a mower...a shotgun is a bit unwieldy for that.

Knowing your shared hatred for all things legless, if you're looking to carry it on a mower, buy some snake-shot rounds. I have 'em in .357, and the actual round looks like a plastic shell fiilled with BB's. Basically turns your pistol into a small shotgun.

I have a coworker who mows while packing a .22 revolver with snake shot. She averages about 2 a week, and about 25% of those are venomous.

I'll assume a bazooka would be overkill...

just make sure you make it a headshot so you can fry it up afterwards.

Back