Have a great Hallowe'en weekend

Oh, that happens in my hood too, just not as much. I WANT speed bumps, but the county won't put 'em in, and frowned on my offer of a DIY job with some concrete. However, I have a very strong voice when I want to, and it's amazing how fast the brakes come on when I bellow "Slow Down!"

Fresno has the speed-hump thing figured out. Put in a pair of speed humps one right after the other. A single speed hump won't do shit. Try to fly over two though and it'll fuck you up.

HomeLAN said:
Oh, that happens in my hood too, just not as much. I WANT speed bumps, but the county won't put 'em in, and frowned on my offer of a DIY job with some concrete. However, I have a very strong voice when I want to, and it's amazing how fast the brakes come on when I bellow "Slow Down!"

My dad used to do the same at our old house. We lived right on the intersection of our street (which on one end met the main-ish street and was a cul-de-sac at the other) and street which ran perpendicular to our street with many smaller streets off of it...so, most everyone in the area would have to come down our street and turn in front of our house to get to other houses in the area...my dad and my neighbours used to sit in our driveway (ours was right in the middle of all the friendly neighbours) and noone dared speed by there twice :D

After we moved it never happened...we were older, neighbours are less neighbourly so less time was spent in the driveway and we now live on the bottom of a U shaped street so hardly anyone drives infront of our house cause anyone on the right leg goes out that way and anyone on the left leg goes out that way...we usually only ever see people within 5 houses of us drive by

Inkara1 said:
Fresno has the speed-hump thing figured out. Put in a pair of speed humps one right after the other. A single speed hump won't do shit. Try to fly over two though and it'll fuck you up.
These are far apart, but in anything with less clearance than a minivan, if you go over 20mph...you bottom out. They're 4 feet wide and about 8" tall. At night, I like to watch the sparks..they're purdy! :D

Inkara1 said:
Hopefully, within a few days pictures from the halloween party I was at will get posted and I can show you my pirate costume. I found a stuffed parrot for $1 so I safety-pinned it to my shirt over my shoulder.
Pics here. The page I linked to, I'm on twice; I'm not on the other Halloween '05 page.

I'm wearing the "kiss me, I'm a pirate" shirt with the parrot on the shoulder.

Inkara1 said:
Pics here. The page I linked to, I'm on twice; I'm not on the other Halloween '05 page.

Too kewl - I like Wilma & Fred! :D

And is that there a redneck ????? :lol2:

Mare said:
Too kewl - I like Wilma & Fred! :D

And is that there a redneck ????? :lol2:

Six of my friends went as Wilma, Fred, Pebbles, Barney, Betty, BamBam :D

Inkara1 said:

:crying4: Why don't the pics get bigger when they are clicked on (especially the French Maid ones)

Back