Health Care

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you like your government managed healthcare.

A lot of people would be very happy to have the same option as you.

I guess the medicare is ok.
I only use mostly the prescription part atm.
I rarely meet my deductable at the doc's.

I have looked at other plans, but it's like when you get "the bundle".
If you opt out it cost more.

being able to continue to draw my regular ss check is more my concern,
with a house payment, and 3 teens...
it even gets more complicated here

yeah, I couldn't stay away:p

Of course, everyone loves the NHS now. It is officially sacrosanct. Our doctors are deities, our health care the envy of the world. And anyone who says anything different is an unpatriotic schmuck who should go and join those losers in the United States. (Although American doctors terrified of litigation would have done all the tests possible on my daughter if I'd sufficient insurance, and would think twice about lying to patients.)

So forgive a harsh dose of reality. I used to share these delusional views, wrapped in a comforting blanket of national pride over Bevan's legacy. But that was before the birth of our daughter sent us hurtling into the hell of our health service. Since then, hours and days and months and years have been spent battling bureaucracy, fighting lethargy and observing inefficiency while all the time guarding against the latest outbreak of incompetence.

source

Inefficiency is part and parcel of any system, and effort needs to be placed on clearing barriers as often as possible. Their daughter is still alive because they could afford to keep fighting the system while getting their daughter the help she needs.

How many insurance companies do you know of that would keep paying for expensive care while debating the use of said care? Most that I hear of would stop payments immediately pending review... which would be too late for the kid, now wouldn't it?

same with my aarp script plan

btw I'm shopping around for script insurance atm.
Any suggestions?

I want off aarp

It is possible to love one's country without nationalistic arrogance in viewing other nations. I have been to the US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Holland, Belgium, France, and Great Britain, and the only place I would have any reservations living in would be Mexico, and I bet it would be possible I wouldn't even mind it there, if I got to see more of it than just Ciudad Juarez. Each has its unique and wonderful qualities. The one at issue though, every country but here provides medical for their people.

And even if I did move to one of the others I would still love the USA and retain citizenship.

Now that is crazy cat. I love my country, though there are things I dislike about it, but I have also spent time in Canadia, and the Cunuck lifestyle and Canuckastanis, have something good going too!

It ain't even close to being about Canada...
as I've said
This is my hometown
My elder generations going back, some before this country was founded,
are buried about 2 miles from here, and I have a plot the already also.

This is my home, and there ain't nowhere else.

Well I can relate to that, but not so much I'd take a bullet willingly! I might give some bullets but I am a survivor, bullets just go around me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back