Health Care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh did I just drop the one relevant quote that immediately stands out in that article you mention cat?

Fox News said:
....The United States continues to lag behind about 30 other countries in estimated life span....

I think the rest of the paragraph is also relevent...

...Japan has the longest life expectancy — 83 years for children born in 2007, according to the World Health Organization.

We're talkin' 5 years difference, and then the margin of error...

I'm just sayin' the problem ain't with the health part, it's all in the payment part.

That can be fixed better, without government expansion into areas that infringe on our rights.

We have over 300,000,000. Sheer numbers put us at a disadvantage.

No it doesn't. If you look at things like life expectancy then the population size doesn't really matter.

Our inefficient system puts us at a disadvantage.

I'm just sayin' the problem ain't with the health part, it's all in the payment part.

That can be fixed better, without government expansion into areas that infringe on our rights.

The problem is with both. And making healthcare available to people that don't have it doesn't really infringe on your rights.

Really cat WTF? You've already told us you're on Medicare, does that infringe on your rights? If you don't like government managed healthcare then get the fuck off it.

well see, fdr set it up so we could retain some freedom.
Not so in HR 3200.

If you think the bunch in office now aren't wanting to be control freaks,
you aren't seeing what I'm seeing.

besides, it's not a matter of what I want, it's what I can get, but I still
see things from a regular working mans point of view.

I haven't been able to get what I want for some time now.
BUT
If I try sometimes, I find I get what I need.

Our inefficient system puts us at a disadvantage.
That's a matter of opinion, and also, inefficiency also has to do with the people doing it.
How are you going to fix that?

And making healthcare available to people that don't have it doesn't really infringe on your rights.

BULLSHIT!

Taking, by threat of loss of liberty, my earned wages, other earned monies & property, through taxes, infringes directly on every free American.

Look back, when the income tax was originated, it was intended (and would never go beyond) the top 1%. (if I recall, it was a 3% tax too)

Every time the federal government gives away anything, it is stealing directly from your pockets. They do not have the authority to take from those who do & give to those who need. We, the people, have a history of freely giving to those who are in trouble, helping our brother out in time of need, whether by cash or physical assistance. Uncle Sam has tried to kill that, making themselves the sole provider, by taking, by force, what is rightfully mine. They may, by rule of law, create taxes to pay for constitutionally designated items (roads, stamps & armies). No problem. However, they do not have authority to monetarily assist our citizens.

We the people...

well see, fdr set it up so we could retain some freedom.

Think about that.

What gave FDR, or any other office holder, the power to limit my freedom, much less "allow me to retain some".

Here's a biscuit boy, go away now.

Think about that.

What gave FDR, or any other office holder, the power to limit my freedom, much less "allow me to retain some".

Here's a biscuit boy, go away now.

not your freedom. Mine, and others in the system with no better alternative.

They just take your money, which I guess inhibits your freedom.
(because they already spent what I put in)

I'd leave the system if I could, and may be able to one day.
I still have hope, and am trying to work toward that end.

If you are an American, then "allow me to retain some" should make you angry.

angry?
I've gone through just about ever emotion you can think of, with what
I've done to myself.
Shame being the most overwhelming.
I'll carry it from now on.
That's just the way it is now.
So, where to go from here...keep on trying.

Under a dfferent system, one that is not controlled by the government, you'd have options...depending upon the doctor, your neighbors, family & friends. Now, you have two, use it or don't.

Not much of an option.

Either way, "allowing" you is another form of controlling you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back