heathen savages...

Altron said:
.... the Oldsmobile emblem from my tailgate. Any ideas?

Maybe a few of the auto parts websites. For starters http://www.partstrain.com has a lot of stuff---I can't remember what year or model your beastie is, but maybe they can help you out. I was thinking maybe JC Whitney too....good luck.

Are you seriously that worried about the emblem? No offense, but it's an Oldsmobile, not a BMW. Heck it's not even a BMX. Get a Transformers or Thundercats emblem from Spencers for $7.99 and be done with it.

to make a bumper sticker removable, get a magnetic sheet at a craft store, they usually come as a roll in a box and have adhesive on one side. you can stick a bumper sticker to it, cut the rest of the sheet away, and it will stick to your car magnetically. i had a friend who had to do that because her parents didn't want her to sticker up her car since they paid for it, and it's a very useful little tip.

i second, third, fourth what everyone said about the junkyard. and i understand why youre pissed. i drive a shitty mercury and i know i'd be sad if someone stole my emblem. it's not a fancy car, but it's my car, it's my baby!

rrfield said:
Are you seriously that worried about the emblem? No offense, but it's an Oldsmobile, not a BMW. Heck it's not even a BMX. Get a Transformers or Thundercats emblem from Spencers for $7.99 and be done with it.

amusingly it took me a while to realise that the roaring cats i saw on a lot of cars were the mercury cougar logo, not the thundercats logo!

(first is thundercats, second is cougar)

I loved that show as a kid... then I saw an episode a couple of years ago and couldn't believe how poorly animated it was.

rrfield said:

A car doesn't need to be overpriced in order to have pride. BMW doesn't have a Rocket V8, now do they? Score one for Olds.

Inkara1 said:
I loved that show as a kid... then I saw an episode a couple of years ago and couldn't believe how poorly animated it was.

My friend has the thundercats symbol tattooed on him. THAT'S hardcore!

Inkara1 said:

the same thing happened to me when i recently revisited "the last unicorn" for the first time since i was maybe 7. it was awful. in a way depressing, because it was so awesome when i was a kid.

ash r said:
the same thing happened to me when i recently revisited "the last unicorn" for the first time since i was maybe 7. it was awful. in a way depressing, because it was so awesome when i was a kid.
OMG! I bought that for the girls because I soooo loved it, right? Awful! Horrible! At least the music was anyway. I still love schmendrick the magician and Mommy Fortuna but everyone else is awful.
The girls like it, though so I suppose that's all that matters. All the stuffed and plastic unicorns about this place are all referred to as "my last unicorn"....and we have a Ty beanie baby red bull that is the toy unicorn's antagonist :D

Altron said:
Now, I'm also interested in vandalism deterrent technology.

Wire it up so they get a really nasty shock when they touch it... just tell the cops when they find the body you're lousy at electrics and must have wired the alarm up wrong... :D

Aunty Em said:
Wire it up so they get a really nasty shock when they touch it... just tell the cops when they find the body you're lousy at electrics and must have wired the alarm up wrong... :D
Hmmm... If you're using stupididty as your defense, how are you going to explain the capacitor to step the voltage up? ;)

chcr said:
Hmmm... If you're using stupididty as your defense, how are you going to explain the capacitor to step the voltage up? ;)

you don't. You just crosswire the coil into the alarm circuit. Easy mistake.

Professur said:

There you go... Prof knows how to get out of a jam... *wonders if he's tried it*

Of course if bodies keep turning up then you'll have a problem... LOL

Aunty Em said:
There you go... Prof knows how to get out of a jam... *wonders if he's tried it*

Of course if bodies keep turning up then you'll have a problem... LOL
Hey auntie! Are english muffins really, um...english muffins? Because I don't remember them from my childhood. Admittedly, my mother is from NZ but the culture is very similar.

Yep, I love muffins, but i can't eat them anymore cos they're made with wheat flour. :(

I also love black forest gateaux, so I'm just adapting a recipe for chocolate cake, which is made with sugar, eggs and cocoa powder, a tin of morello cherry pie filling and greek ewes milk yogurt. :)

But are they these?
images

Not sweet, filled with nooks and crannies?

Professur said:
On his HEI, you'd have to remove the coil to do it though...

It'd probably work, but the cop might not believe he's that stupid. *insert chep shot of your choosing about Altron's relative intellect here*

Yeah, except -

My key is metal.
The lock is metal.
The lock is attached to the body.

So I'm not sure that elecritifiying it is the way to go.

If I ever park in a really bad neighborhood, I'm going to remove the wire rims and put them in the back. That's what's great about having steel wheels with nice rims on them.

Back