High Fructose Corn Syrup and Pancreatic Cancer link

jimpeel

Who gives a shit? we all have free unlimited health care now. Its our right to become as unhealthy as we want to and the government with take care us forever no matter how much we fuck ourselves up - IT'S ALL FREE NOW!!1

If you think health care is expensive now, wait 'til its free.
-P.J.'Rourke

valkyrie

Here's a few in their application: http://www.cornproducts.com/products/productApps/index.php

King Corn is a good watch too.
Thanks! I've added it to my Netflix queue. I could "Watch Instantly" if I can find some time this weekend.
traditional_spectrum.png
Nice!
Unfortunately, that does nothing to address the fact that NAZIism was based on teh Soviet model (state controoled authoritarianism handing out goodie bags to the populace while taking control of commerce & industry)
That is a common misconception and I would not fault you for the mistake. I've read books that explain this in excellent details. The Nazi's used Nationalsozialist in their party name Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei (or NSDAP or Nazi, from Nationalsozialist) but their platform stressed the failures of democracy, liberalism and communism. The fact that the Nazi's targeted and persecuted (and murdered) communists within their reach pushed Stalin and the Soviet Union to sign a non-aggression pact. This pact was violated when Hitler planned and executed the invasion of The Soviet Union by German and Finnish troops bringing The Soviet Union (as unready as it was) into WWII.
Damn... I guess Spike explained it before I could post mine. Yet I see no one is listening. I'm not sure why so many cling so eagerly to their ignorance. :rolleyes:

Look really... go look this stuff up yourselves if you don't believe what we're saying here. Please... your ignorance is embarrassing.

2minkey

bootlicker
Unfortunately, that does nothing to address the fact that NAZIism was based on teh Soviet model (state controoled authoritarianism handing out goodie bags to the populace while taking control of commerce & industry)

so you're saying it was based directly on the soviet model as a matter of historical fact? or that's just something you've put together in your own mind and are now asserting?

my understanding is that yes, the nazis seized a lot of the corporations but in fact it was more about power consolidation and mobilization of forces than a true commitment to any kind of "leftist" ideals, and that the overall emphasis - where the real ideological force was centered - was the whole aryan/german/master race thing. i think most historians would tend to agree, but i'll leave it to you to do your own research.

one thing is for certain. nominally qualifying something as "leftist" based on a name, or a couple characteristics, is a far cry from showing it to be substantially the case. all shitpot "revolutionary" groups are "freedom fighters," and every nation that has ever leveraged control over private industry even for the briefest moment is "commie," right? :bgtup:

i'm wondering, was the US a leftist nation during WW2?

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah val i'm not sure that i really put much faith in the link spike posted, considering that it's a communist site, and those guys would of course want to distance themselves from nazis. there are some economic resemblances between the two, though more superficial and relating to mobilization rather than being truly akin.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
so you're saying it was based directly on the soviet model as a matter of historical fact?

I've read (it's been awhile) that they were the perfect leninist (does that fit your mold better?) state except they wanted to admit to the government being in charge. National healthcare, governement run banks, government controlled business's, etc. Hell, I even saw somewher that the reason the swastika was red was in tribute.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
i'm wondering, was the US a leftist nation during WW2?

Yes.

Lincoln fired that shot first. He forced the states to join or be destroyed.

Read up on Teddy Roosevelt. He was a proper European progressive. Although, he was a base amateur compared to Wilson. (how many Americans did he jail for speaking out?)

The progressive movement has been here a long time. They change the name & emphasize new & interestring material every few years when they piss us off too much.

Never let a crisis go to waste. FDR didn't.

spike

I've read (it's been awhile) that they were the perfect leninist (does that fit your mold better?) state except they wanted to admit to the government being in charge. National healthcare, governement run banks, government controlled business's, etc. Hell, I even saw somewher that the reason the swastika was red was in tribute.

No they were clearly fascists. Where'd you hear this stuff?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
fascism is not a "conservative" philosophy...

...for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

spike

No, it's right wing though. Just like communism is not a "liberal" philosophy.

"Conservatives" only one part of the right wing philosophies. "Liberals" are only one part of left wing philosophies.

Fascism happens to be right wing.

"Fascism was originally founded by Italian national syndicalists in World War I who combined left-wing and right-wing political views, but it gravitated to the political right in the early 1920s.[7][8] Scholars generally consider fascism to be on the far right of the conventional left-right political spectrum"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

forcible suppression of opposition

Remember all the righties that were calling anyone (rightfully) against the Iraq War "anti-American", "traitors", "terrorist sympathizers", etc? They were starting to push the envelope pretty hard into fascism.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Remember all the righties that were calling anyone (rightfully) against the Iraq War "anti-American", "traitors", "terrorist sympathizers", etc? They were starting to push the envelope pretty hard into fascism.

Those were THE PEOPLE, not our elected representatives. Can't be a fascist if you're a tradesman.

spike

Wikipedia...shall I go change that?

Go ahead, try it. The correction should be made pretty quick.

traditional_spectrum.png

Those were THE PEOPLE, not our elected representatives. Can't be a fascist if you're a tradesman.

Wrong, it was some people who were leaning into fascism. You can be a fascist if you support fascism. Just like any other political philosophy.

ResearchMonkey

Sorry Spike, your "Dicks on Parade" aren't on parade. You must be disappointed.

funny, even the webpage knew you were fishing for dicksonparade.

Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /dicksonparade_m6m2l_-php-deactivate_phishing_filter-48- was not found on this server.</p>
<p>Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
</body></html>
1281155896722.jpg

Silly homo

spike

It was a test to see if you'd want to look at dicks on parade. Clearly you were interested. :laugh:

Maybe you're a self hating type?