I need net wheels

MrBishop

CT200463114957363_2009430161114093847-display.jpg

Black instead of red..and the rectangle on the hood was white - as were the lines on the side.

Inkara1

So Chevy is bringing back 1967 advertising to go with bringing back the Camaro, huh? Nifty.

1967CamaroAd-3.jpg

Sharky

LOL - a '67 Camaro SS 396 convertible just like the one in that ad sold for $71,500 at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale last year. :cool:

It was a ground-up rotisserie resto - in other words, pretty much a brand new car.

Lookie

POStech

See the Magnums every day...our Salesmobiles. There are 5 in the lot this morning.
Looks large enough. Will look up consumption rates.

I had one as a rental when I was in Calgary. Really nice car but, it was the V6and it didn't have enough get up an go for for my tastes. I have driven a 300C and it had power to spare. The Charger is a nice car too, rented that one in Calgary too.

GrandCaravanSE

I had one as a rental when I was in Calgary. Really nice car but, it was the V6and it didn't have enough get up an go for for my tastes. I have driven a 300C and it had power to spare. The Charger is a nice car too, rented that one in Calgary too.

Magnum is the way to go, if that is what you are looking for. even though for me Station Wagons are dead, it is pretty cool. the last real Station Wagon was the Buick Roadmaster Wagon in 1996.

Inkara1

Which one, the Roadmaster? I tend to think "beached whale" more than "hearse" when I see a Roadmaster/Caprice/Olds wagon of that particular generation.

Altron

Yeah, 77-90 B-body is better looking than 91-96 IMO. Only exception is the Impala SS... that ish is hot.

GrandCaravanSE

Which one, the Roadmaster? I tend to think "beached whale" more than "hearse" when I see a Roadmaster/Caprice/Olds wagon of that particular generation.

You are looking at it in the wrong light... I look at it as a Beast, that cal haul ass. your parents just didn't buy them for the space, they bought them cause' they are fast.

Altron

mine wasn't very fast :(

the carburetor's bitter final days... when 307 cubic inches made 140 horsepower...

Sharky

FUCKING AWSOME!!!
Ain't it? :cool:

From the article linked in my previous post:

John Phillips said:
I scrapped the original driveline, then hauled the car to Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, where I asked project director Jason Haines if he could assemble a dead-reliable small-block producing, say, 400 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque at about 4400 rpm. This was like asking the Pentagon if it could come up with a starter’s pistol.

What Jason suggested was a bored-and-stroked gen-three LQ4 displacing 415 cubic inches. It has CNC-ported aluminum heads, forged rods and pistons, Corvette injectors, a Lingenfelter cam, and the TrailBlazer SS’s exhaust, with that one huge cannon of an exhaust tip. It scrapes all road imperfections, shooting sparks. Atop the V-8 rests a black, powder-coated air intake that is scalloped to look like Batman’s toaster. The engine was then mated to a 4L60E automatic.

“Will this be reliable?” I asked.

“It’s designed to last 400 to 800 hours at wide-open throttle,” he replied.

“I don’t have that much time,” I said.

“This car leaves hard,” Jason added. “Be careful you don’t leave something behind. Like your differential.”

. . .

I handed the keys to our tech department. They recorded a 0-to-60 sprint of 5.0 seconds and a quarter-mile dash of 13.5 seconds at 106 mph, creating quite a mellow bellow in the process. This means my Caprice is 0.1 second quicker than that modern paradigm of hot-rod wagons, the Dodge Magnum SRT8, and 0.1 quicker than a Porsche Boxster S, which I could probably stow in the Caprice’s third-row seat.

I’m embarrassed to calculate fuel mileage. The car weighs 4307 pounds—lighter than the SRT8, oddly enough, but sufficient to create ruts when the pavement is scorching hot.

Phillips cracks me up. :D

Professur

2010 Camaro SS 3859 lbs 426hp
2009 Challenger 4154 lbs 376hp
2010 Mustang GT 3572 lbs 315hp

It's all relative.