If you have kids, take a look

catocom

I got that video thing the other day for my niece, and nephews, as part
of their continuing homeschooling, but it is good of all children IMO.
https://www.thesafeside.com/store/default.asp?CartSourceID=11&gclid=CMTdp9_Aw4MCFVA_LAodBTa1oQ

But I didn't know about this new site until I saw it on the news...to lookup
'national' sex offenders, that this guy started.
One of these bastiches convicted of statutory rape only live about 2500' from us. :alienhuh:

I know there were some links posted here, but I'm not searching right for them or something.
I don't know it this one was posted in there or not. :confused:

http://familywatchdog.us/

greenfreak

Mother fucker. Registered offender less than a 1/2 mile from my niece's and nephew's school and house.

Thanks Cat. I looked up another site at one point and they hadn't gotten the data for NY. This is much better.

tonksy

I thought there was some law about how close a registered sex offended could live near a school. There is one in my area that lives practically on top of an elementary school (not the one my kids will be attending).

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
that is what is scary about those sights, leaves the door open to vigilante justice.

but on the other hand I would want to know if one was down the block...and chances are I would watch him like a hawk...but what if they payed their debt to society, or where actually innocent..

god, I have a RW debate going on in my head.

catocom

tonksy said:
I thought there was some law about how close a registered sex offended could live near a school. There is one in my area that lives practically on top of an elementary school (not the one my kids will be attending).
I think it's only like 1000-1500 feet, but that's way too close IMO.
I'd think 1 mile at the Very min.

catocom

paul_valaru said:
that is what is scary about those sights, leaves the door open to vigilante justice.
It's been somewhat public knowledge for a while now, and I haven't heard that there's
any problems with it.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
catocom said:
It's been somewhat public knowledge for a while now, and I haven't heard that there's
any problems with it.

wasn`t there on case where an offender was looked up, and beat up, and also protests at the houses of these people.

then again if I had one in my neiborhood, i would most defenitely want to know.

MrBishop

No such easily accesible animal up here :( *web-site, I mean

It'd be nice to have a web-site to know who to watch for...but I can't help but think that for every animal on there...there are 2-3 more you don't know about who might just be living closer and you aren't looking at because he/she ain't on the list.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
tonksy said:

Local or state level, varies by state & municipality.

catocom

coulda been, I haven't heard of it though, but hell people get beatup, and mugged
that aren't sex offenders. It doesn't even make the news in most cases. :confused:

HomeLAN

paul_valaru said:

but on the other hand I would want to know if one was down the block...and chances are I would watch him like a hawk...but what if they payed their debt to society, or where actually innocent..

god, I have a RW debate going on in my head.

These folks have been convicted. I want to know about it in order to protect my son.

OTOH, vigilatism is also illegal. If someone uses these sights to target someone for abuse, prosecute them to the limit of the law.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
catocom said:
coulda been, I haven't heard of it though, but hell people get beatup, and mugged
that aren't sex offenders. It doesn't even make the news in most cases. :confused:

This one made some news they guy was picked out do the registry, and attacked cause his name was on it.

I think the registry can be a problem, especially if they have paid the debt to society and are free, not on parole...but on the other hand I have no sympathy for these creatures who commit such acts, so while it might be wrong i don`t give a flying fuck, lynch em.

catocom

MrBishop said:
It'd be nice to have a web-site to know who to watch for...but I can't help but think that for every animal on there...there are 2-3 more you don't know about who might just be living closer and you aren't looking at because he/she ain't on the list.
Oh, I'm sure that there are Plenty of illegals around here that have probably
been doing shit. That's another reason why we have to have EVERYBODY, documented at least.

nalani

OMFG! A woman who lives down our street, who is an LDS member and comes with the Relief Society women to our compound, was arrested for SODOMY!!!!

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
nalani said:
OMFG! A woman who lives down our street, who is an LDS member and comes with the Relief Society women to our compound, was arrested for SODOMY!!!!

so, she likes it up the butt, no big problem

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
1. Sex offender registries are only as accurate as their last update. This can be a problem on several fronts. If the offender is not on active community supervision (probation, parole, etc) then they are responsible for keeping their registry current. Few do, obvious reasons. For those being actively supervised, the registering agency (could be probation/parole, could be state bureau of investigation, could be local law enforcement) must update the registry regularly. One lazy/incompetent person there screws it up. One snafu in the system, such as a computer being down, somebody on vacation, whatever, could mess it up. Because there are likely several updates sitting on desks right now waiting to be entered...and the person keying it in is off on weekends, but you just checked the registry and freaked out because one is near you...you thought. Far from an ideal system, but better than nothing.

2. The requirements about registering do vary from state to state. For example, in Tennessee they must be on the registry for the duration of their sentence. Some must remain for life, some may petition to be removed ten years after completing their sentence.

3. The registries only show convicted sex offenders. For every convicted offender there are probably twenty that aren't convicted. No way to know about them at all.

4. Residency restrictions. They vary also. Again in Tennessee, they cannot reside or work within 1000 feet of any school, day care, child care facility, park, playground, or "other facility that exists primarily for patronage by minors and/or their guardians". There are exceptions. If a school is built after an offender establishes residency at an address, the offender may not be required to relocate.

5. Vigilantism. I'm all for it. You better believe that if one lived too close to me there would be a persistent campaign of harassment waged. Go ahead and prosecute me. I dare ya.

(Not pickin on ya Paul) I have yet to meet a rehabilitated sex offender. I won't say it can't happen but I have yet to see one. I do supervise one about whom I have serious doubt as to his guilt. I don't wear a black robe, I didn't sentence him, and I wasn't on the jury. All the others I have supervised (probably about 120 over the past eight years now) show/showed negligible significant rehabilitation.

7. As a general rule, sex offenders are the ideal probationers/parolees. They report like they are told to, rarely pick up new charges unless it's a new sex offense, usually pass drug screens...all the stuff we want to see. Two main reasons for that. One, they do hard time in jail and have zero interest in being there. two, they want to be in the community so they can have access to more victims, either real or imagined. Plain and simple, they thrive on stimulation. They don't get access to their victim population in the slam.

chcr

Too cute for words
tonksy said:
You don't get charged with sodomy for taking it up the butt.
No, you get charged with it for pissing somebody off so much that they turn you in.

tonksy

Where's the proof? And even if they catch you mid act I believe the charge is Willful commission of a lewd sexual act....or something like that.