Jan. 26, 2010

What exactly makes you think that Obama somehow got the nod from the Dem party as a candidate for Presidency without a thorough look into his past... the kind of thoroughness that involves questioning of friends, family, neighbours etc...by people from the FBI/CIA/NSA etc...?

Allowing someone to run as your party's representative which you didn't check properly would be a death knell for the Democratic Party.
I think you just answered your own question.

I do believe it was Pelosi who validated him while the Dems were screaming about McCain being born on US Military base.

citizenvsnaturalborncit.jpg

"Natural Born Citizen"

Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution sets forth the eligibility requirements for serving as President of the United States:
“ No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

“ No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Translation: Since there can be no Natural Born Citizens prior to the Declaration of Independence, you need to have allowances for the time gap. Hence, anyone born after the date of the COTUS must be a natural born citizen.

Nice try though.

shelf time again

I'm still not ready to call this dead yet though.
I've got my lunatic fringe status to maintain and all. :D

Back