Just Wondering?

Certainly understandable, KA. Please don't take offence by this, but have you thought about counseling? It really can do wonders.

peterska2 said:
Unfortunatley they are very nig pieces of the puzzle but they are things that I try and not think about and I don't think that I could share with anybody at all. I have only every told two other people in my life about them. Even my parents and my fella don't know and I don't want them to know. Some things are better kept to yourself until you really think that you can trust someone enough to say something about it to them. These are those sort of things. I am actually typing here with tears rolling down my face just thinking about it and that is without saying anything. Sorry to sound so secretive but it is just the way that things are and have been now for many years.

KA - I had some bad experiences as a child and teenager myself and I know from experience that you will deal with yours in your own time and on your own terms. Sometime in the future you will feel strong enough to share those experiences with someone that you really trust and then you'll see just how little hold they will still have over you. The right sort of councilling helps, but you must be ready for it.

You're a survivor KA and never forget it, despite all the bad experiences you're still here, be proud of that fact and let it give you strength.

Squiggy said:
^^^ And thats from a member who has been a shining example for us all.

:hug: Aunty

:blush: Urgh! You make me sound like some sort of saint! If you knew half of what I'd got up to in the past you'd probably change your mind, but thanks for the compliment anyway. ;) :hug:

PuterTutor said:
Certainly understandable, KA. Please don't take offence by this, but have you thought about counseling? It really can do wonders.

I have thought about it PT and I have had it numerous times but I still find it impossible to deal with.

Aunty Em said:
KA - I had some bad experiences as a child and teenager myself and I know from experience that you will deal with yours in your own time and on your own terms. Sometime in the future you will feel strong enough to share those experiences with someone that you really trust and then you'll see just how little hold they will still have over you. The right sort of councilling helps, but you must be ready for it.

The problem is Anuty Em that I have tried concelling but everytime that I go they tell me that it is all in my head and that there is nothing that they can do. Unfortunatley they seem not to believe me and this makes things very hard for me to deal with.

You're a survivor KA and never forget it, despite all the bad experiences you're still here, be proud of that fact and let it give you strength.

I'm not very strong though and I have given up time and time again. I lose count of the number of times that I have been in and out of hospital. Quite often I wish I wasn't still here but then there are times when I am glad that I am.

At the moment I am glad that I am still of this earth as I have found myself a loving fella and am settling down with him. However, I have still not told him everything and that really is ripping me apart.

I wish that I could pluck up the confidence to do so but it hurts me too much to think about it let alone talk about it.

peterska2 said:
The problem is Anuty Em that I have tried concelling but everytime that I go they tell me that it is all in my head and that there is nothing that they can do. Unfortunatley they seem not to believe me and this makes things very hard for me to deal with.
Not knowing the full circumstances I can't comment on what they may have said to you, but I found this quote on the BACP site (http://www.counselling.co.uk/information/expect.html)
Different therapies have different styles. For instance, in cognitive behavioural and sex therapy there will be 'homework' to do. In bereavement therapy, there would be a lot of emphasis on supporting you through some difficult emotions. A psychodynamic counsellor would look at your past while another type of therapist might focus solely on your life in the present-day. Some therapies concentrate on the future.
It could simply be that the type of therapy they have been trying to employ is wrong for your situation... :shrug:

I don't know what sort of support you have, but the charity Mind has been very supportive to my niece who suffers from severe anxiety and depression. They have also given long-term support to a friend of mine who is a manic-depressive. You can check if there is a group in your area here - http://www.mind.org.uk/. It will also tell you about some of what they do and the help they can provide. They have a drop-in centre here with a cafe which is very popular.

I hope this helps you.

Aunty Em said:
It could simply be that the type of therapy they have been trying to employ is wrong for your situation... :shrug:

I don't know what sort of support you have, but the charity Mind has been very supportive to my niece who suffers from severe axiety and depression. They have also given long-term support to a friend of mine who is a mani-depressive. You can check if there is a group in your area here - http://www.mind.org.uk/. It will also tell you about some of what they do. They have a drop-in centre here with a cafe which is very popular.

I hope this helps you.

There are support groups in my area and I have been to them before but they say that I need to deal with the root problem before everything else will fit into place. This is not as easy as it sounds as I want to and am trying to deal with everything surrounding the root problem but this is a struggle as I breakdown everytime I think about it too much.

The threapy that I have previously been having has mainly been just talking and attempting to let things go. This isn't easy when I have some phyical scars from the after effects of the root problem. I have been on all different types of medication including anti-depressants for years but they do not have any effect as I am not depressed but my GP won't take this into account and just says that I am and that that is why my head is so screwed up.

Mind is not a therapy group, unless you count having contact with other people who understand the difficulties that you face every day. They provide:

supported housing, crisis helplines, drop-in centres, counselling, befriending, advocacy, employment and training schemes, and other services.

They can also help you through the benefits minefield including all that form-filling which many people without mental health problems find very stressful and difficult to cope with, writing letters, council applications, etc. They don't judge or tell you what to do, they help you to do what you want to do. If you are isolated by your situation they can be a great help.

It isn't really a mental health issue though Aunty Em.

I do appreciate it but you really are barking up the wrong tree there.

Just PM'd you.

thanks aunty em :hug: :kiss:
grouphug.gif
hugz.gif

:hug: hopefully life will get better for you now. hope my last post didnt offend as i posted it out of sarcasm. you seem to be doing pretty well considering all thats happened to you. take it easy adn were all here for ya

KA, not to make light of your situation, but I hadn't read the thread since the last time I'd posted in it & at that time it was all about boys farting - come back today & suddenly someone needed councelling................clearly I had a bit of a struggle trying to figger out how the hell the two tied up :confused: :rolleyes:

Anyway, I sure hope you get through it all stronger.

Back