Leftovers

PostCode

Major contributor!
Man I love my wife's homemade stuffing and all this turkey. My favorite time of the year is secretly the leftovers. Plenty for sandwiches. :D You guys piggin' out on leftovers or are you like most everyone else and shun turkey until next November?

One thing about not living at home anymore... I miss out on the big turkey tradition. Thanksgiving turkey in a bird that's usually in the 22-24 pound range, followed by two or three days of turkey sandwiches and then a night of turkey enchiladas.

Inkara1 said:
One thing about not living at home anymore... I miss out on the big turkey tradition. Thanksgiving turkey in a bird that's usually in the 22-24 pound range, followed by two or three days of turkey sandwiches and then a night of turkey enchiladas.
you know what you could do...I used to - take a just the turkey breast, put it in a corningware dish, put stove top on top of it and bake it up. You can nuke a couple potatoes and some veggies, with just a couple dirty dishes you got a nice meal and leftovers for one.

we didn't get any turkey leftovers but we got a honey baked ham a couple days ago and we've been snacking on that. split pea and ham soup tonight.

Inky and Les' guide for single people @ X-Mas lol

I'm all done with Turkey sandwiches on toast with Lettuce and Mayo and two strips of just cooked bacon. Yup til next year...

Dinner for me tonight? Open the last can of chili con carne with beans, dump it in a pan, put in some pre-shredded cheese, heat it up until the cheese melts, move the pan, heat the last two tortillas on the gas burner, scoop the chili cheese mixture into the tortillas, sprinkle on the last of the pre-shredded cheese, and there you have it: really cheesy chili cheese tacos.

Inkara1 said:
chili con carne with beans
Is that what is on the can?

I don't understand this. We can understand that carne means meat. We get that con means with. But adding in that pintos means beans might just be a little too much for us.

That's opposed to chili con carne without beans. Chili is the sauce, the carne is the meat in the sauce. You can get it with or without pinto beans.

The can:

Actually, it hasn't produced any yet.

Last time I had that, I also added in a pound of ground beef. That gave me some gas. Maybe it's ground beef that makes me fart, and not beans.

It is the combination
one or the other is fine
together Ka-Boom!
Massive methane production.
But Living alone it shouldn't be an issue.

Chile con carne y frijoles, but since you order them from quantities to say "con", I guess it should be Carne con frijoles y chile.

Back