Leftovers

It's just as demoralizing to shop, to walk outside, to go for dinner for me and my size one that I can't buy anywhere, with "fat" women attacking me/hating me with jaded slurs. I love being called an anorexic stick, it's marvellous. This oh wah advertising bullshit is just bullshit. Self esteem problems are those of the problem holders and noone else. WAH.

Leslie said:
It's just as demoralizing to shop, to walk outside, to go for dinner for me and my size one that I can't buy anywhere, with "fat" women attacking me/hating me with jaded slurs. I love being called an anorexic stick, it's marvellous. This oh wah advertising bullshit is just bullshit. Self esteem problems are those of the problem holders and noone else. WAH.

I can't believe my eyes...Is Leslie becoming *gasp* conservative?

Gato_Solo said:
You noticed that, too...what her Weight Watchers leader said? Sounds like somebody needs to work on their counseling skills. You don't motivate people by being negative. You motivate them by showing them that they can succeed...unless they're military...then all bets are off. :D

Its not done in a serious way! :rolleyes:

Its a running joke!

I used it as an example to emphasise the common... wrong... perception that most people hold concerning the size of Americans... or rather Floridians as thats where most people go to holiday :shrug:

ClaireBear said:
Its not done in a serious way! :rolleyes:

Its a running joke!

I used it as an example to emphasise the common... wrong... perception that most people hold concerning the size of Americans... or rather Floridians as thats where most people go to holiday :shrug:

Ah...:blush: I see, said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw...;)

Leslie said:

Types the lady in the size 2 jeans... who just happens to have the body shape of said "advertising bullshit"

ClaireBear said:
Types the lady in the size 2 jeans... who just happens to have the body shape of said "advertising bullshit"

Let's not go there, please? :grinno:

And with the size 1 comes the unsolicited advice EVERYWHERE I go that I'm disgusting, scrawny, gross, anorexic, don't eat, look like a boy, not human, unattractive, bulemic. Apparently I don't now have a valid opinion on self-esteem either. I cannot shop in regular stores. It's hell on earth to shop for clothes for me.

Cause where people won't walk up to a fat chick too often and insult her, it's still PC to do it to me.

So how do we differ here in miserable and bashed by the world exactly?

CB and Leslie...Instead of concentrating on your differences, why not look towards how you are both alike? :grinyes: Redirect that energy into something positive. ;)

I just said, how exactly do we differ? We don't. Except she's on a diet to lose weight, and I'm on a diet to gain weight, and I don't blame anyone but myself and my gene pool.

:p

Leslie said:
I just said, how exactly do we differ? We don't. Except she's on a diet to lose weight, and I'm on a diet to gain weight, and I don't blame anyone but myself and my gene pool.

:p

So you're jealous of each other...interesting... :hmm:

Leslie said:
And with the size 1 comes the unsolicited advice EVERYWHERE I go that I'm disgusting, scrawny, gross, anorexic, don't eat, look like a boy, not human, unattractive, bulemic. Apparently I don't now have a valid opinion on self-esteem either. I cannot shop in regular stores. It's hell on earth to shop for clothes for me.

Cause where people won't walk up to a fat chick too often and insult her, it's still PC to do it to me.

So how do we differ here in miserable and bashed by the world exactly?

Size 1?

*CB calculates that into real UK money...

A size 4!!!! Well... I can understand your point now... we don't make size 4's here just 6's (size 2)

I suppose you therefore have a point... but I don't think the nastiness in public is due to your slim frame... nor is it to do (when I get it!) because I'm fat...

It's because some people are down right ignorant, bigotted, self righteous... self righteous.. down right nasty... FUCKERS! and thats swearing at it!

Fat, slim, ginger, feckled, bespectacled, short, tall... some people just lack tolerance and therefore intelligence...

Some people are so insecure they have to take strips off everyone else! I've learnt the hard way... I now no longer drink in certain "rougher" areas... I avoid those drunken charver/white trash...

I'm not jealous of anyone. I just want to finally for once in my life go outside without getting death glares.

Gato_Solo said:
So you're jealous of each other...interesting... :hmm:

dunno..

But I reckon if I cut off a little of what I've got too much of and gave it to Les to make up for what she believes she needs... then we'd both be happy! :D

ClaireBear said:
Size 1?

*CB calculates that into real UK money...

A size 4!!!! Well... I can understand your point now... we don't make size 4's here just 6's (size 2)

I suppose you therefore have a point... but I don't think the nastiness in public is due to your slim frame... nor is it to do (when I get it!) because I'm fat...

It's because some people are down right ignorant, bigotted, self righteous... self righteous.. down right nasty... FUCKERS! and thats swearing at it!

Fat, slim, ginger, feckled, bespectacled, short, tall... some people just lack tolerance and therefore intelligence...

Some people are so insecure they have to take strips off everyone else! I've learnt the hard way... I now no longer drink in certain "rougher" areas... I avoid those drunken charver/white trash...

Good for you. :grinyes: As a side not...intolerant people should not be allowed to breed...

ClaireBear said:
dunno..

But I reckon if I cut off a little of what I've got too much of and gave it to Les to make up for what she believes she needs... then we'd both be happy! :D

Undoubtedly.

One more thing. I learned when I was a child, that it's impossible to fight just one arsehole, because arseholes travel in groups. :D

ClaireBear said:
Big turkey... big dinner.. big portions...

You will all find this terribly offensive... I do too... but my WeightWatcher's leader often says that if we feel down about the size we are we should...

"Holiday in America... its the biggest ego boost ever! You come back feeling like Kate Moss!"
Uh huh....freaking weight watchers want everyone to be a size 8 supermodel....hint hint....next to no man wants a twiglet, I'd rather have a woman with a little substance to her than a stick insect. It's just another one of those places that preys on your insecurity to make a quick buck.

:rolleyes:

Really, just be happy with yourself....not what the media or anyone else want you to be ;)

ClaireBear said:
Perhaps your "regularly sized" people are slightly larger than what we class as acceptable/healthy?

It is a cultural thing after all..

Man, just when I was running out of useless shit to worry about, NOW I get to worry if a bunch of Canadians think my ass is too big for their standards...

:finger:

SouthernN'Proud said:
Man, just when I was running out of useless shit to worry about, NOW I get to worry if a bunch of Canadians think my ass is too big for their standards...

:finger:

Ummm...ClaireBear is from the United Kingdom, AKA England, and she's not the one making that judgement. She's only pointing out what may be a cultural difference. Now if you were to post some pics of your ass ( please, for God's sake, don't ;) ), we can make a decision. :D

That being said, the Body Mass Index, which is what the CDC detemines obesity from, is misused due to the fact that it does not take into account your body type. Some Bodybuilders would be classified as obese due to their BMI if that, alone, is taken into account. ;)

Back