Leftovers

I gave up trying to fit the American "ideal" long ago. I looked at my greatgrandmother and my grandmother, then myself. I saw short -- 5'2" and fat. I am built exactly like those 2 women were.

I work out 30 minutes every day. My blood pressure is 112 over 76. Cholesterol is low. Blood sugars are well withing standards. I can rake leaves for a couple of hours without giving out. I feel good, eat well-balanced meals.

And the next time the somewhat overweight, out-of-shape doc tells me I need to lose 20 pounds, I'm going to shoot his ass.

TexasRaceLady said:
I gave up trying to fit the American "ideal" long ago. I looked at my greatgrandmother and my grandmother, then myself. I saw short -- 5'2" and fat. I am built exactly like those 2 women were.

I work out 30 minutes every day. My blood pressure is 112 over 76. Cholesterol is low. Blood sugars are well withing standards. I can rake leaves for a couple of hours without giving out. I feel good, eat well-balanced meals.

And the next time the somewhat overweight, out-of-shape doc tells me I need to lose 20 pounds, I'm going to shoot his ass.

Sounds like you're as healthy as someone half your age. You need to lose 30 pounds, though. :D

TexasRaceLady said:

Good to see you haven't changed a bit, TRL. Shooting the doc might be better than giving him crayons and sending him to the corner after all. :lloyd:

Back