London shaken by explosions

HomeLAN said:
Can't really say what the American view of the British is, either - there are a lot of us. However, I do know that no one with a lick of sense fucks with the SAS. That's the first I've heard of their involvement in today's little dust-up.

Well like you said there are many people and will view the British in different ways. Personally I see them as people. Some are good some arent. Same with any culture or group of people

HomeLAN said:
Can't really say what the American view of the British is, either - there are a lot of us. However, I do know that no one with a lick of sense fucks with the SAS. That's the first I've heard of their involvement in today's little dust-up.

Our Police don't do that kind of thing so.......On the the other hand the bigest sporting avent this year at lords is the Ashes, Its Australia at the helm but England is coming back. 225 - 5, we are in a good position.

thanks for the back up guys.

No retreat no surrender

fuck em and there law

Bring back Maggie

Gonz said:
Want an idea of how we feel? GW said something to the effect of "We stand with our British friends during these trying times" & got a prolonged standing O.

We're with ya. If only Tony were.

2000 years on the front line. Only lost twice.

Welcome to the pain

_308775_sas_badge150.jpg

Game over Terrorists.

Long live Israel. Same game

The shooting took place about 10 a.m., when jittery commuters spotted a man, who witnesses said appeared to be a South Asian, wearing a padded coat in the Stockwell subway station in south London. Police chased him into a subway car, pinned him to the ground and shot him in the head and torso, an eyewitness said.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!

Dang I want that here in the U.S. !!!

As it was reported. 2 police put there knees on his shoulders and emptied 5 rounds in his face.

Erm do you think they no longer need to arrest them?

In this specific case no.

How awesome it would be if you could shoot
homicide bombers before they exploded?

But alas I’m sure in my country the ACLU
would consider that a usurpation of their
civil rights". ;)

More news from the ROP:

Published: 22nd July 2005 12:51 CET
Man linked to London bombings threatens Sweden

The 39-year old Swede suspected of involvement in the London bombings has said that Sweden would be “punished” if he was handed over to a foreign power.

The man, who is originally from Lebanon, has lived in Sweden since he was 18. In an interview with Dagens Nyheter last October, he denied that he had met Osama Bin Laden but said that he “loved him”.

“I am proud of Osama bin Laden. I am proud of everyone who wages war for justice.”

The man also told Dagens Nyheter that he thought the September 11th attacks against the United States were “very good.”

While denying involvement in the London bombings, the man said that the suicide bombers who attacked three underground trains and a bus were “martyrs,” adding that he hoped also to become a martyr one day.

“They are not terrorists, as they are doing what Islam requires,” he said.

Sweden, he said, is not threatened by al-Qaeda, although he told Expressen that this could change if the Swedish government handed him over to the British or American authorities.

“If Sweden hands me over to another country then it will only have itself to blame. Sweden will then be punished with the greatest punishment.”

http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?ID=1775

Bakri: I'd hide plotters

HATE-filled Omar Bakri Mohammed sparked new outrage yesterday by admitting he would NOT tell police if he knew extremists were planning suicide bomb attacks.

The firebrand Islamic cleric told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: “If I know anybody who wants to take any action in this country, I will stop him.”

But he added: “No, I will never go to police.”

Bakri, 45, of Edmonton, North London, refused to condemn the 7/7 attacks.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004600000-2005330730,00.html

January 17, 2005
Britain's online imam declares war as he calls young to jihad
By Sean O'Neil and Yaakov Lappin

Omar Bakri Mohammed, banned from many British mosques, is issuing a call to arms to a committed audience

AN EXTREMIST London cleric is using live broadcasts on the internet to urge young British Muslims to join al-Qaeda and has condoned suicide terrorist attacks. Omar Bakri Mohammed, who has lived in the UK for 18 years on social security benefits, pledged allegiance to Osama bin Laden and told his followers that they were in a state of war with Britain.

The Times monitored Mr Bakri Mohammed’s nightly webcasts in which he declared that the “covenant of security” under which Muslims live peacefully in the UK had been “violated” by the Government’s tough anti-terrorist legislation, The Syrian-born radical said: “I believe the whole of Britain has become Dar ul-Harb (land of war). In such a state, he added, “the kuffar (non-believr) has no sanctity for their own life or property.

And one from the good guys:

British Gov't Draws Up List of Extremists It Wants to Deport
By Kevin McCandless
CNSNews.com Correspondent
July 22, 2005

London (CNSNews.com) - The British government is drawing up a list of Muslim extremists to be deported from this country or kept from entering it in the first place.

Home Secretary Charles Clarke said the list would include radical clerics who engage in behavior such as preaching or running a website that is "intended to foment or provoke terrorism."

Such individuals, although not directly linked to terrorist actions, would be prevented from coming to the United Kingdom or deported back to their home countries.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1443903,00.html

LONDON, July 23 -- Police announced Saturday that the man officers shot dead on a London subway car Friday morning was "not connected" with the bombing incidents of the day before.

"We are now satisfied that he was not connected with the incidents of Thursday 21st July 2005," police said in a statement.

"For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets," the police said.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/23/AR2005072300438.html

You think that brazilian should have stopped?
To his eyes they guys chasing him were civilians with a gun, I would have run too.

Luis G said:
You think that brazilian should have stopped?
To his eyes they guys chasing him were civilians with a gun, I would have run too.
No Luis, I think what he (and a lot of others) is saying is that it's worth the death of an innocent person so long as the enemy is intimidated. Hmm... that sounds familiar...

Well that would depend woodn't it!

If my Kid was a Jihadist and I loved the 'cause'
I'd say he died for the greater good of Allah

If my kid was an innocent angel and ran from the coppers bounding over a turnstile, across a loading platform, on to a train, wearing a padded coat, in summer weather, one day after the second consecutive multiple train\bus bombing...

THEN I'd quietly lament having raised a total fuckin' dumass!!!
And seek millions in reparations from the government!!

"Hey is there a book deal in here somewhere"?

"There is no point in shooting somebody's chest because that's where the bomb is likely to be. There is no point in shooting anywhere else because if they fall down they detonate it. This is drawn on the experience from other countries including Sri Lanka," London's Police Chief Ian Blair said about the way Jean Charles de Menezes was killed on Friday in South London's Stockwell underground station.

"The only way to deal with this is to shoot to the head," he told a local TV channel.
http://in.rediff.com/news/2005/jul/24ukblast1.htm

Not being "connected" to the bombings is not the same thing as not being a possible terrorist.

The guy reportedly exited from a house UNDER SURVEILLANCE for terror suspects.

He was wearing a bulky coat in the heat of the summer.

He ran away from the police who were shouting at him to stop, leapt over the turnstiles to an underground train where horrific bombings had occured in the past few weeks, and threw himself onto a train.

Was his English so bad that he had absolutely no idea of the terror situation in London and what his appearance might mean?

Subway passenger Mark Whitby told the BBC he saw a young man in a thick coat jump the turnstiles at the station and dash into the train...
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4765876

It sure is a coincidence that this happened right after the terror attacks. A guy dressed and acting oddly but with no "connections" to the bombings heads down to the subway after the attacks and gets himself killed by the police---it's almost like he was recruited so it could be said that the police were targeting people with Pakistani lineage... (see pic)http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4711021.stm as a revenge for the bombings.

It's safe to say it's a good idea to obey police orders when told to stop by armed officers in the aftermath after a terror attack....if he did he'd still be alive.

The Other One said:
It's safe to say it's a good idea to obey police orders when told to stop by armed officers in the aftermath after a terror attack....if he did he'd still be alive.

:rofl4:

And tell me, how to tell if they are police men if they are not dressed like police men? They look like anyone, draw their gun and ask you to stop, hard to tell the difference between being pointed with a gun by a cop or by a criminal.

Alex Pereira Alves, who identified the body of Menezes in London, Globo said. Menezes would have been on his way to work with no reason to flee the police, Alves said.

Another cousin, in an interview with Brazil's national radio network, said Menezes understood English well and would have understood an officer's instructions.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/07/24/news/london.php

So, he was on his way to work, spoke the language, and I believe I also read he was in the country 3 years. Long enough to know that when several men are running after you, screaming "Stop---Armed Police" and yelling to the crowds at the station to "Get down! Get down!" the shit is shortly going to hit the fan and these men aren't soccer hooligans looking to engage in a little "Paki-bashing".

"He half-tripped, was half-pushed to the floor. The policeman nearest to me had the black automatic pistol in his left hand, he held it down to the guy and unloaded five shots into him.

"He looked like a Pakistani but he had a baseball cap on, and quite a thickish coat. It was a coat like you would wear in winter, a sort of padded jacket. It looked out of place in the weather we've been having."

Whitby said he had been about five yards away from where the incident occurred and was "totally distraught" by what he had seen.

He said 10 to 15 police officers armed with pistols and sub-machine guns had run down to the platform as he was helping an elderly woman away from the train.

.....Shortly after that, as I was about to get onto the train, eight or nine undercover police with walkie talkies and handguns started screaming at everyone to 'Get out, get out'," said commuter Teri Godly.

Chris Wells told the UK's Press Association he was leaving Stockwell station when he saw a man being pursued inside by at least 20 armed police.

"The next thing I saw was this guy jump over the barriers and the police officers were chasing after him and everyone was just shouting 'Get out, get out,'" Wells said.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/22/london.eyewitness/index.html

It doesn't seem like these witnesses had any problem identifying armed undercover police---so I wonder why Menezes did?

Back