Lovelife bollix... resolution

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
It may not be 30 days but it's some period of time. I remember going back to look through my trash for a really old email once and it was not available.

Ah, there's the key piece of info (I actually pointed at the screen and said "aaaah" when I read your post because it all began to make sense). My mail doesn't even make it to the trash, I read it and then I forget it and it sits in my inbox where it will sit for all eternity if I do not move it to trash. Every so often I go through and delete emails but generally that is something I don't do because I forget, or I'm lazy, or something (and I think Inky was describing the same kind of activity of his part).

tonksy

I need a clean inbox. If I have to scroll to see the bottom message I get overwhelmed. Probably a bit of OCD there.

Inkara1

Yeah, the trash and spam folders automatically get purged, while the inbox and other folders you create do not.

ClarabellaUK

I just never get rid of my old ones... when Stephanie dumped me (in an e-mail, of course) I printed them all out and stuck them in the "Stephanie Box" along with all the other stuff from our relationship... not sure if the box is sitting around or not still anyway. I'd in fact actually forgotten about it until the "every e-mail" thing reminded me.

Been there... the box thing... didn't know blokes... do... that... kinda.... :blush:

No... It's sweet! :hug:

ClarabellaUK

If its that bad, just PM me your address, and I'll fly out to the UK and slap him around a bit...but not too much, as I'm against senseless violence...

:rofl:

That would be most acceptable! Make sure his precious Honda Civic Type R gets some too! Like a brick through the windscreen! :lol:

Thanks Mitch... you made me smile! :hug: :kiss: :hug:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I have boxed up a few old boyfriends. I boxed them up in a shoebox, put them up in my closet out of sight and then one day I took the box for a walk and left it in a garbage can in a park somewhere. It was kinda the last step in getting over it (these were relationships that were over 2 years and almost a year and a half long)

Mirlyn

I don't have a box, I have a house. Is that unhealthy?

:D

About 1700 messages (not counting the subfolders) in my Inbox right now, for the record. No purging except for the Trash, Spam, and Sent folders.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I have a Rob box. I am not sure I would keep it if we split. It's not healthy.

Yeah, the throwing it out should take place as part of the short term healing process...keeping it long term is unhealthy.

JTP

My last girlfriend got all correspondence, etc. back in a big manila envelope. It just seemed the right thing to do.

tonksy

I wouldn't throw the box out, just the contents. It's a nice cedar box. I like to sniff it.

ClarabellaUK

Its not quantity (the length of a relationship) but the quality that counts...

I've had boxes full of collected daft stuff... ticket stubs, restaurant cards, photos, letters... throwing them is normally part of the process...

I still have the box full of my Ex before my last... haven't thrown it yet... no psychological or emotional reason! Just forgot it was there til you guys mentioned it! :lol:

ClarabellaUK

My last girlfriend got all correspondence, etc. back in a big manila envelope. It just seemed the right thing to do.

Ouch! It would be if she dumped you!

Ahhh just read your second post... Obviusly!

Right thing to do mate!

JTP

Ouch! It would be if she dumped you!

Ahhh just read your second post... Obviusly!

Right thing to do mate!

Doesn't matter who dumps who or if it's mutual agreement- all stuff of a private nature should be returned at the end of a relationship.

ClarabellaUK

Doesn't matter who dumps who or if it's mutual agreement- all stuff of a private nature should be returned at the end of a relationship.

No way!

Never done that... its like trying to get a do over... total obliteration!

it could be construed as intentionally mean... I'd rather just not know that they were burnt/drowned/shat upon or thrown out! :lol:

Even if I've done similar to their old sentiments!

JTP

They (love letters, sexy cards, racy photos, etc.) would be safely back in your hands, what would be intentionally mean about that? It's a gesture of, "Yes, it's over between us, but I still respect your privacy". It won't win her back, but she will appreciate it, if she has any sense.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I wouldn't throw the box out, just the contents. It's a nice cedar box. I like to sniff it.

Mine were just cardboard shoe boxes so they went. I wouldn't throw out a cedar box either...mmmm smell of cedar.

ClarabellaUK

They (love letters, sexy cards, racy photos, etc.) would be safely back in your hands, what would be intentionally mean about that? It's a gesture of, "Yes, it's over between us, but I still respect your privacy". It won't win her back, but she will appreciate it, if she has any sense.

I'd give back if I was asked for them... but wouldn't just give them up... In the same token I always ask if I can keep em...

It seems fine in principle the "respect" thing... but I'd like to think relationships especially long term (but not necessarily) have a profound effect on our lives and anything I say or give I mean... I gave it to them... I'd never want it back! Its like saying feelings never existed between us!

Just me.. :shrug:

However... racey photos... thats different... thats personal privacy... I've got those back cos I've asked for them! :blush: