Lovelife bollix... resolution

ClarabellaUK

I've never understood the idea that you can let yourself go when you have a man. He (not to mention other people) will still look at you.

Its not letting go... its being more you!!!!

For example... if I were meeting my girl friends for a coffee and a chat I'd have my finger and toenails painted but they won't necessarily match perfectly with what I'm wearing! I'd be wearing cute flats because they're far more comfortable but my ass doesn't look as great in em! My hair will be clean... but not perhaps straightened perfecto! My makeup will be on but applied quickly!

If I were meeting my man early on in a relationship... I'd have panicked about my nails not matching and changed them... I'd be crippling myself in heels to make my ass look better! My hair would be near as perfect as I can get it... I'd have taken over an hour to apply my makeup!...

All this is great in the early stages... the getting ready is part of the dating experience but after more than 5 dates... you SHOULD be able to relax! And I think that should go both ways... your man should be able to wear what he wants too.

Inkara1

buuuuuuullllllllshiiiiiit! ;)

Sure... dressing up now and again is fine... a night out for a meal, drinks... a party... meeting work colleagues...

But its a HELL of alot of upkeep for 24/7...

What I mean is dressing normally... not feeling compelled to really pile it all on! Wearing flats not heels, a normal bra not a push up, not a hair or make up out of place, not shaving at the meerest feel of stubble...

From my experience... most blokes after the first 3-4 dates find the whole overly dressed thing a turn off not a turn on! Male friends have commented so... having a high maintenance gal is not good! Sure... a gal who looks great on your arm in the pub and can really polish up good is what's desired but she also needs to be able to hang about in sweats, no make up and dirty hair to stay in order pizza and play on the Xbox from time to time!

And trust me... living with a guy... you eventually get to the "gorrila sex" stage... its the act not the smoothness of certain areas that's important... otherwise us women would insist on our fellas having a shave before they get into bed each night... then again in the morning! ;)

See, this post sounds completely different than the last post about it. In any event, my advice is to not do something you wouldn't normally do to impress a guy. If heels aren't your thing, don't force it because you think it'll snag you a husband. If you just do what you would normally do, then the guy who eventually does find you will be happier with you because you would actually be what he's looking for instead of only looking that way for a while.

MrBishop

A woman gets a man and thinks about all the ways she can change him.
A man gets a woman and hopes that she'll never change.

Good rule of thumb.

tonksy

meaning... he hopes she doesn't get fat and droopy as she ages?

I think both men and women think that.

I dress up to make myself feel good. If other's like it more the better.

That being said I do have "party panties" and corset bras that I'll wear for fancier occasions.

JTP

I think both men and women think that.

I dress up to make myself feel good. If other's like it more the better.

That being said I do have "party panties" and corset bras that I'll wear for fancier occasions.

Not knocking the fancy stuff, but the best thing a woman can wear is her birthday suit and a mischevious grin....

tonksy

nice.

got any latex?

Might have an old expired condom somewhere's...other than that? Nope.

JTP said:
Not knocking the fancy stuff, but the best thing a woman can wear is her birthday suit and a mischevious grin....
My idea of lingerie is an oversized football jersey. The aforementioned undergarment are for slimming and smoothing under clothing.

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah i'm mostly with JTP here, though i do knock a lot of the fancy stuff. shit like teddies and garters and whatnot ain't for me. too old lady.

but the right person, in full latex... :wink2:

ClarabellaUK

Busy torturing myself...

Opened his old email file read all of our old exchanges... read through all the saved texts... and read all the letters he sent me...

Just a puffy eyed, snotty nosed mess now... *blows nose*

I know I shouldn't feel like this... it was just 2 months of my life... but they were the best 2 months ever...

I miss him so much... its like part of me is missing.

He's been texting me too... well twice... just friendly stuff... but when I hear my phone and see his name my heart skips a beat.

Inkara1

I just never get rid of my old ones... when Stephanie dumped me (in an e-mail, of course) I printed them all out and stuck them in the "Stephanie Box" along with all the other stuff from our relationship... not sure if the box is sitting around or not still anyway. I'd in fact actually forgotten about it until the "every e-mail" thing reminded me.

tonksy

Oh! I see. So you don't actually save it, it just isn't gone?
I suppose my gmail does that up to about 30 days or so.

Inkara1

Right... I didn't delete it but didn't put it into a folder to keep for all posterity either.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Oh! I see. So you don't actually save it, it just isn't gone?
I suppose my gmail does that up to about 30 days or so.

Your gmail purges after 30 days? Mine keeps stuff until I tell it to get rid of it. I should probably go through it, I bet I have tons of emails from mailing lists and stuff that I read then forget to delete.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
On the subject of keeping things...my phone purges text messages every week (and I like it that way), my MSN is not set to keep chat logs (I don't keep chat logs of verbal convos, why do I need one of IMs?) and although I rarely delete emails (out of laziness) most of my conversing with anyone is done via text or IM (if it's not in person).

tonksy

Your gmail purges after 30 days? Mine keeps stuff until I tell it to get rid of it. I should probably go through it, I bet I have tons of emails from mailing lists and stuff that I read then forget to delete.

It may not be 30 days but it's some period of time. I remember going back to look through my trash for a really old email once and it was not available.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Busy torturing myself...

Opened his old email file read all of our old exchanges... read through all the saved texts... and read all the letters he sent me...

Just a puffy eyed, snotty nosed mess now... *blows nose*

I know I shouldn't feel like this... it was just 2 months of my life... but they were the best 2 months ever...

I miss him so much... its like part of me is missing.

He's been texting me too... well twice... just friendly stuff... but when I hear my phone and see his name my heart skips a beat.

If its that bad, just PM me your address, and I'll fly out to the UK and slap him around a bit...but not too much, as I'm against senseless violence...