meet my 4 friends

Slim Pickens

:worship:

I have always been a JW Black man, but I will join you in a gold, with ONE large ice cube, please.

*Buys Red a GG Cosmopolitan, and TA and AT Top Shelf 'Ritas

AlphaTroll

I must confess, I drink anything in sight really.

But my faves are:

Red wine (GOOD quality red wine....especially Shiraz and I am soooo loving the unfiltered Cabernets)
White wine (a nice good quality dry white, yes please - unfitlered Sauvignon blanc from Fleur du Cap is possibly the most delicious white wine I have had in a loooong time - works beautifully with my camembert pork and most definitely goes with seafood like few other wines).
Vodka - get mine straight from the Russian friends, they bring over from the home country, so I have learnt to drink the stuff like they do, my gawds they don't just drink the stuff, it's more like mainlining it.
Tequila...any time, any place.
Whiskey - there is this great whiskey bar close to me - nothing beats sitting back with a tumbler of some great whiskey (aquired taste really & I have to really be in the mood) and a fat cuban :smoke:
Brandy - drunk the traditional South African way - double brandy, three ice cubes & coke :D
Hunter's Dry - it's an apple cider, but it's a dry one which is why I like it.
I like most cocktails, but they shouldn't be too sweet and contain absolutely no hint of banana.

And my fave drink with pizza is and will always be MILK.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
gato :p

paul, jw has malts from Talisker. The brand is tricky to find over here.

highwayman, no no no no, I'm a scotch whisky man not bourboun ;)

tonksy, try Herradura Reposado, then life will just not be the same.

unc, allergic to whisky? is there a drink you can take?

at, what bottle do you want me to pass?

simplyred, jw black is premium, might be cheap but it is premium. Of course I'll still give you green if you want to ;)

*passes slim a drink with only ONE ice cube and gold label.

uki, whisky sour?

dave, yeah, you're getting all the chicks!

*steals pants from bop

Professur

HomeLAN said:
No thanks. S'OK, though, I can bring my own bourbon.

Speaking of which ... (if it's possible) I need to start a shopping list of stuff. Requests? I've already put in a few cans of maple, and the beer is gonna take a road trip. Should I bring a few fresh Mongoose, or would everyone prefer to beat their brains out with a brick instead?

Yes, Tonks, I've already got your list. But I won't buy the beer until the last minute.

Slim Pickens

Johnnie Black has always been my drink of choice, but I also enjoy good bourbon and good tequila, as well as good beer...I am not a beer snob on par with Tonks (as she can undoubtedly tell you), but I do appreiciate good beer...I also have a very good friend who is a scotch/bourbon SNOB of epic proportions...Tonks and Red have drank with John Young before

Uki Chick

Luis G said:
uki, whisky sour?

I love the stuff.

Ingredients : - 2 oz whisky (whiskey,bourbon...)
- juice of 1/2 lemons
- 1/2 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 cherry
- 1/2 slice lemon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Use a "Shaker" for Whiskey Sour drink recipe

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I love me some whiskey...but it doesn't so much love me so I try to stay away.

MrBishop

I'll take a shot or three or the Gold, don Luis

Never tried the green.

I'm also partial to Vodka...no ice. The bottle sits in the freezer until its time to pour, into a tumbler that was right next to it in said freezer. Ice dilutes vodka! :p

Stolichnaya
Stoli
Ston

I'm told that Ireland has a decent Vodka but...never tried it.

Locally...I know the Seagrams family...kinda. Went to a birthday party of one of the sons...tasted some blackberry vodka, some currant vodka and a spiced vodka that was just lovely...and I'm a purist!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Speaking of which ... (if it's possible) I need to start a shopping list of stuff. Requests? I've already put in a few cans of maple, and the beer is gonna take a road trip. Should I bring a few fresh Mongoose, or would everyone prefer to beat their brains out with a brick instead?

Yes, Tonks, I've already got your list. But I won't buy the beer until the last minute.
take ketchup chips.